#ThrowbackThursday (Ice Skating edition) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

#ThrowbackThursday (Ice Skating edition)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I really miss Evora and Ladwig. I have a long-distance Filipino acquaintance (well, yeah; she's in Manila) whom I linked to some YT videos of the pair skating together (including that lovely Pocahontas program), and while watching them I started longing for the pair again.
There are two great moments with E/L in Vancouver: after their very successful SP, in the K&C, Amanda's rattling off greetings and stuff and finally wishes everyone a happy Chinese New Year, and Mark turns to her with "Chinese New Year?!"; I can't make out exactly what she says in response but maybe someone else will. In the LP, on one of the lifts, you can see that she's basically thanking the audience, which I thought was really sweet.

Robeye

Final Flight
Yes, I remember hearing that Rice coveted the job of NFL Commissioner. But I'm glad she's also a skating person. I have no capacity for football at all and am trying to calculate when the Super Bowl ends tonight and the special episode of Elementary airs.

Can you imagine how exciting it must be to be invited to visit the White House? How could Lysacek and Weir be too busy? I'd have canceled weddings, surgery, even my own funeral to go. If I had expired before being able to visit, my wan little ghost would have shown up. (Though I'm sure that in such a case, I wouldn't have shown up in the group photo.)
You would be the silvery, vaguely anthropomorphic smudge right next to the President in Paranormal Activity Part 8: The Lincoln Bedroom :biggrin:.