2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP | Page 8 | Golden Skate

2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP

oleada

Record Breaker
She can't. THe rules changed last year and Julia L was 'grandfathered in'. Starting next year age requirements for the GP are the same as for Worlds and Olympics. Radinova will have to do the JGP again next year.

This is incorrect. The new age eligibility rules will be applied after the Olympics, in the 2014/2015 season, so Radionova can do the GP next year.

Slowdive

On the Ice
She can, actually. Rules only work after Sochi Olympics.

But I don't think she'll be at GPF or even if she makes it, she'll not be on the podium, unless Yuna or Carolina doesn't compete at Grand Prx Series next season.

This is incorrect. The new age eligibility rules will be applied after the Olympics, in the 2014/2015 season, so Radionova can do the GP next year.

Thanks for the info.
Hope she competes and does well in the senior Grand Prix :yay:

seniorita

Record Breaker
She can't. THe rules changed last year and Julia L was 'grandfathered in'. Starting next year age requirements for the GP are the same as for Worlds and Olympics. Radinova will have to do the JGP again next year.

What the others said. She can go by the rules, but in my opinion I dont think RF will let her go to GP, next year they have Julia, Liza, Adelina that need to shine and have the less competition possible, RF wouldnt put another girl in GP threatening to steal the show, she is uneligible for Olys.

What the others said. She can go by the rules, but in my opinion I dont think RF will let her go to GP, next year they have Julia, Liza, Adelina that need to shine and have the less competition possible, RF wouldnt put another girl in GP threatening to steal the show, she is uneligible for Olys.

I agree. Politically, it wouldn't make sense.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Seems like mihserzh is late. Only Pogorilaya and Sotskova are on youtube among leaders, for now:
Pogorilaya: www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPrajskpLdU
Sotskova: www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8QL0QPfWTs

Here is the interview with Julia after JRN. She is very analazing and clever. She said that she still is having after-injury recover period, but she also spoke about puberty issue, like discoordination. She says she will learn to deal with that, she also spoke with high respect about Liza and Adelya who managed to go through the period that she is having now:
http://fsrussia.ru/news//439_yuliya-lipnickaya-luchshe-eto-perezhit-sejchas/

hanca

Record Breaker
She can, actually. Rules only work after Sochi Olympics.

But I don't think she'll be at GPF or even if she makes it, she'll not be on the podium, unless Yuna or Carolina doesn't compete at Grand Prx Series next season.

I wouldn't discount her completely. Liza in her first season managed to beat at her GP events everyone who placed that year at worlds 1-6, so I wouldn't say that Radionova can't beat Kostner. Or at least end up on the podium at senior GP event. Liza managed to be on the podium during both years of her GP, why should Radionova do any worse?

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I wouldn't discount her completely. Liza in her first season managed to beat at her GP events everyone who placed that year at worlds 1-6, so I wouldn't say that Radionova can't beat Kostner. Or at least end up on the podium at senior GP event. Liza managed to be on the podium during both years of her GP, why should Radionova do any worse?

2 words: Kim Yuna

I too If I was the fed I too would not want Radionova to do senior GP,
she will just take a spot or podium potential away from Liza, Julia and Adelina who are eligible for the Olympics
I dont see any advantage of Radionova going seniors next season aside from her getting senior experience but useless since she is not eligible for Sochi

they might give Anna P. a try next season as she is eligible for Sochi.

Country
Russia
Some statistics or how the level change?

From protocols of Junior Nalionals 2011, 2012, 2013.

Junior Ladies
Combos in SP (included only non-URed, non-falled 3+3 Combos).

3Lz+3T 1
3T+3T 3

2012 (3Lz+3T must not be at this season, Lutz is the solo jump)
3F+3T 1
3Lo+3T 1
3S+3T 2
3T+3T 6

3Lz+3T 8
3S+3T 1
3T+3T 2

So we see that numbers of skaters with 3+3 Combos were 4, 10, 11.
With complicated first jump (i.e. 3Lz, 3F, 3Lo) - 1, 2, 8.

hanca

Record Breaker
2 words: Kim Yuna

That's great that Yu-Na will be next season at GP (maybe), but that still doesn't limit Radionova's chance to medal. Yu-Na can't compete on all six events and Yu-Na can't get gold, silver and bronze medal at the event. Therefore Yu-Na competing does not mean that Radionova is unable to get medals at GP and qualify at GPF. The question is whether Russian Federation will want her there, but that's a different argument.