Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Russian Junior Ladies - SP & FP

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    So Radionova, Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya will be the JW team?

Skaters 2-4 not junior age-eligible until next season (yet landing crazy triple-triple combos all round :o).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So Radionova, Lipnitskaia and Pogorilaya will be the JW team?

Skaters 2-4 not junior age-eligible until next season (yet landing crazy triple-triple combos all round :o).
    I think so. I think Elena has a good chance of winning gold at Jr.Worlds. Julia.. Well, she might win silver..

Custom Title
    I think Elena is Russia's new favorite, though she really deserved to win here I think she would've scored around 190 if it was an international competition(Julia scored 191 at last year's JN, than got 187 at last year's Jr. Worlds. I'm not sure if skaters are more overscored this year than last year).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I think so. I think Elena has a good chance of winning gold at Jr.Worlds. Julia.. Well, she might win silver..
    There is another favourite for silver?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    There is another favourite for silver?
    Maybe not. I'm not sure about American ladies-maybe Courtney Hicks can win silver, but I don't think she is a consistent skater. Japanese junior skaters were never ahead of Julia. I doubt Canadian ladies would finish top.5. There are S.Korean ladies but they are far behind Julia when it comes to TES.

I think she'll win silver.

Would Natalia Ogoreltseva be age eligible for JGP next season?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    1.Elena Radionova:131.74(TES:68.10, PCS:63.64)
    2.Serafima Sakhanovich:124.06(TES:64.55, PCS:60.51)
    3.Maria Sotskova:122.29(TES:64.40, PCS:57.89)
    4.Evgenia Medvedeva:118.84(TES:61.54, PCS:56.64)
    5.Anna Pogorilaya:112.52(TES:55.88, PCS.56.64)
    6.Julia Lipnitskaia:111.53(TES:52.33, PCS:60.20)

Err.. Julia's PCS is.. high. Julia and Serafima had one fall. Congratulations to Elena for a clean program!
    Sotskova is AMAZING.

Her technique is excellent which means she should keep the jumps and the musicality is fantastic.

The Russians are absolute masters at churning out these novice/junior gems.

Anyone of those top 6 ladies could turn into a world champion, my money right now is on Sotskova.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Low Tes for Julia, she fell?

Medvedeva is coached by who?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Low Tes for Julia, she fell?

Medvedeva is coached by who?
    I think Julia fell. She didn't look happy at all after she was finished. I think she is going through puberty.

Medvedeva is coached by Julia's coach

Banned
    Julia, nooo...
    I think she is not yet ready

maybe she will skip Junior Worlds now ?
    Im happy for Sotskova to medal

Custom Title
    I love watching russian junior nats with all the crazy tech elements it is so exciting, 3/3s all over the place! I agree that sotscova has beautiful jumps and very good technique, she was great! Sakhanovitch lso has great technique. Poor julia! It is very surprising to see her off the podium, her jump technique however is not all that great, its not just the
    2a (which is pretty bad) but all the jumps have an odd jerky technique. She does impress me as she manages to land them though and her spins are stunning, Im glad she will go to junior worlds, I am sure she will bounce back, she is a tough girl.
    Elene is so impressive for someone so young her presentation is very good and the jumps speak for themselves

Banned
    Im still shocked Julia is off the podium , hope she'll kick back at Junior Worlds

Russian Juniors to watch out for next season as i have said will be Sakhanovich, Sotskova and Medvedeva

Banned
    Rather unexpected result for Julia, but she is just out of the injury. I believe in her personality and I think she should go to Junior Worlds if the doctors don't mind.

Protocols (all events):
    http://fsrussia.ru/upl/ckeditor/6729943.pdf

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Im still shocked Julia is off the podium , hope she'll kick back at Junior Worlds

Russian Juniors to watch out for next season as i have said will be Sakhanovich, Sotskova and Medvedeva
    And Ogoreltseva. She is comparable with Sotskova and Medvedeva. She had to withdraw from junior nationals, but had some impressive results at Russian internal competitions this season

Banned
    I agree, the injury though played with her mind, she is a bit hesitant now and she might be afraid at the moment of getting injured again
    hope Julia will still go at Junior Worlds, this was her first competition since her injury so she has a few more weeks to prepare to junior worlds

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast