Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Schedule & TV Streams 4CCs

skating philosopher
    The way I read it, it means the agreement starts next year (becuase Universal has it through this season) and continues UNTIL the 2017-18 season. So basically Ice Network has the rights for 2013-2014 through AND INCLUDING 2017-2018

Another relevant paragraph (linked from here: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news)

The ISU agreement with icenetwork.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Figure Skating, operated and managed by MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), covers multiple distribution platforms and guarantees live coverage of ISU events, including the World Figure Skating Championships, the Four Continents Championships and the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, on icenetwork.com, as well as television coverage on NBC, NBC Sports Network and Universal Sports.

Also, I get the sense that icenetwork, in turn is extending rights to, NBC Universal, which owns NBC, NBC Sports Network and a minority interest in Universal Sports:
    Approximately 20 hours of icenetwork.com's ISU figure skating rights will be shown on NBC annually, including the world championships in primetime during non-Olympic years, and the ISU Grand Prix Series. ISU events will also be seen on cable television, with NBC Sports Network showing select coverage of ISU speed skating events, including the World Sprint Speed Skating Championships and the World Short Track Speed Skating Championships. Universal Sports will continue to expand its coverage of all ISU events, with more than 50 hours of programming dedicated to figure skating and speed skating annually, including the World Figure Skating Championships, European Figure Skating Championships, Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, Grand Prix Series and select speed skating competitions.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 02-05-2013 at 03:27 PM.

I was happy with CBC coverage this season but its disappointing they won't be showing 4cc until the 23rd. I was hoping it was on this weekend.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Just wanted to let you know that there is an important change to the Eurosport schedule for tomorrow's skating coverage. I have posted it in the Eurosport thread, but have quoted it below:

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    except for portugese eurosport , why are the showing only 1 hour of men sp?
    Because I took the schedules from Eurosport's website 10 days ago and, Eurosport being Eurosport, they have changed their schedules since then! But, we can celebrate instead of complain because, instead of showing highlights as originally planned, they are now showing the Men's SP live!!!

So, mikiandorocks' times for the Men's Short on Eurosport Portugal tomorrow are the same for the other versions too:

Eurosport International, Deutschland and France (All times CET)

Friday 8th February 2013
    ESP2 11:30 – 14:00 Men Short Programme LIVE

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Friday 8th February 2013
    BES2 10:30 – 13:00 Men Short LIVE

Just shows that it is not always a good thing to be quick off the ball!

CaroLiza_fan
    Don't worry, I will not be double-posting like I did during the Euros!

CaroLiza_fan

[ADMINS: it might be a good idea to merge the 2 threads so that all of the 4 Continents schedule talk, as well as let`s talk's Eurosport streaming links, is in the one place.]

On the Ice

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    I know I said last night that I will not be double-posting during the 4CC. Well, I will make one more exception to give a warning:

Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    What I have always suspected is now official:

Eurosport’s advertised schedules should be taken with a pinch of salt!!!

What was shown this morning bore no resemblance to what the Eurosport websites said last night, or what the on-screen TV listings are currently saying!

This is what they showed:

ESP2 07:00 – 08:10 GMT: Pairs Short LIVE
    ESP2 08:10 – 09:30 GMT: Short Dance Full Replay (only warm-ups removed)
    ESP2 09:30 – 13:00 GMT: Men’s Short LIVE

According to the advertised schedules, the line-up was supposed to be:

ESP2 07:00 – 08:45 GMT: Pairs Short LIVE
    ESP2 08:45 – 10:30 GMT: Short Dance Highlights
    ESP2 10:30 – 13:00 GMT: Men’s Short LIVE

Firstly, why were they allowing 1hr45m for a Pairs SP that only had 8 entries?! OK, so there was 1 last-minute withdrawal, reducing it to 7 competitors. But that would only have removed 5 minutes from the competition’s total length!

Similarly, why were they allowing 1hr45m for highlights of a Short Dance that only had 13 entries?! Like, the live competition was barely 1hr45m, and Eurosport were always going to be taking out the resurfacing

And finally, why was the coverage of the Men’s Short due to start a full hour after the competition was due to start?

This all started me wondering – was there a last-minute change in the competition schedule?

Whatever happened, my advice for the rest of the championships is this: get up early and put on a foreign stream before the competition is due to start. At the same time, put Eurosport 2 on somewhere (be it on the TV or in another window), and keep one eye on it for the coverage to start. And once it does start, DON’T LEAVE IT UNTIL THE COVERAGE IS OVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I had good luck with this Britsh Eurosport feed
    Incidentally, I will no longer be posting links to live streams. I had been using the same website for live steams of Eurosport for over a year. During the Europeans, I posted links to the website in my reminders before every competition. And, the following week, the website closed down!

Admittedly, the website is back up under a different name. But, I don’t want to risk it being removed again.

CaroLiza_fan
    Gotta go - about to re-start with Miner

CaroLiza_fan

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Does anybody have a working link for FujiTV? It's the only way to watch the Ladies SP (Eurosport will only show a few skaters).

Custom Title
    I have DirecTV and Universal Sports. But US doesn't always let me watch online. I was able to see the Dance and Pairs Short, but US somehow decided I wasn't entitled to watch the men. So I went onto TVTeka and watched the men on Eurosport2.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Does anybody have a working link for FujiTV? It's the only way to watch the Ladies SP (Eurosport will only show a few skaters).
    You should try this link : http://www.fengyunzhibo.com/group/18659-7294462r.htm

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenernaga View Post
    That one is working but is not showing skating probably they will only aire the last 2 flights like last night with the Men SP.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by gardenernaga View Post
    Thank you. Anybody knows what time will Fuji TV show the Ladies SP?

Custom Title
    Here are the girls on British Eurosport starting now starting now with Broklee Han! http://www.time4tv.com/2011/09/british-eurosport-2.html

Custom Title
    In advance of the Ladies FS and Dance FD, are there going to be ANY free Japanese live streams? Even if georestricted to Japan (can use trusty VPN to access).

Custom Title
    How long until the next event starts (pairs FS)?? I'm looking for a live stream, since the CBC isn't showing anything.

Custom Title
    Pairs starts in about an hour an a half from now. About 8:50 Mountain time.

I'm watching the Universal Sports broadcast of Men's free right now. Almost no commentary at all. I'm sure they did it to save money but I love it. I'm not sure who the woman is but she seems to know a bit about skating - pronounces the names correctly at least. The information she includes is just right - the scores, the placings, the coach, the music. I would be happy if all skating broadcasts were like this.
    Last edited by A.H.Black; 02-09-2013 at 09:19 PM.

Custom Title
    Any live streams available?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast