Schedule & TV Streams 4CCs | Golden Skate

Schedule & TV Streams 4CCs

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I have just gone through the Europsort schedules and, unlike the Europeans, there is not much variation in the coverage of the 4 Continents depending on which version of Eurosport you are watching.

The LIVE coverage is exactly the same on all Eurosport variations.

Eurosport France only has one extra programme compared to International and Deutschland – another showing of the highlights of the Ladies Short on Sunday night.

In fact, the only real difference is that British Eurosport are trying to fill up gaps in their schedule by showing a lot of highlights programmes of the skating.

So, if they stick to what they plan, this could be the most comprehensive skating coverage Eurosport has given us in years! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Eurosport International (All times CET)

Friday 8th February 2013
ESP2 07:00 – 09:00 Pairs Short Programme LIVE
ESP2 09:00 – 10:30 Short Dance
ESP2 14:30 – 15:30 Men Short Programme

Saturday 9th February 2013
ESP2 10:00 – 14:00 Men Free Programme LIVE
ESP2 14:00 – 15:30 Ladies Short Programme

Sunday 10th February 2013
ESP2 08:00 – 11:30 Ladies Free Programme LIVE
ESP2 11:30 – 12:15 Pairs Free Programme
ESP2 12:15 – 14:45 Free Dance LIVE

Monday 11th February 2013
ESP2 07:00 – 09:30 Gala LIVE

Eurosport Deutschland – Same as Eurosport International

Eurosport France (All times CET)

Friday 8th February 2013
ESP2 07:00 – 09:00 Pairs Short LIVE
ESP2 09:00 – 10:30 Short Dance
ESP2 14:30 – 15:30 Men Short

ESP2 10:00 – 14:00 Men Free LIVE
ESP2 14:00 – 15:30 Ladies Short

ESP2 08:00 – 11:30 Ladies Free LIVE
ESP2 11:30 – 12:15 Pairs Free
ESP2 12:15 – 14:45 Free Dance LIVE
ESP2 23:00 – 00:15 Ladies Free

ESP2 07:00 – 09:30 Gala LIVE

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Friday 8th February 2013
BES2 06:00 – 08:00 Short Pairs LIVE
BES2 08:00 – 09:30 Short Dance
BES2 13:30 – 14:30 Men's Short
BES2 16:00 – 17:00 Short Pairs
BES2 17:00 – 18:00 Short Dance
BES2 20:00 – 21:00 Short Dance

BES2 09:00 – 13:00 Men’s Free LIVE
BES2 13:00 – 14:30 Women’s Short
BES2 16:00 – 17:00 Men's Free
BES2 17:00 – 18:00 Women's Short
BES2 19:30 – 20:30 Men's Free
BES2 20:30 – 21:30 Women's Short

BES2 07:00 – 10:30 Women's Free LIVE
BES2 10:30 – 11:15 Free Pairs
BES2 11:15 – 13:45 Free Dance LIVE
BES2 15:30 – 17:00 Women's Free
BES2 17:00 – 18:00 XXXX
BES2 18:00 – 18:45 Free Pairs
BES1 22:15 – 23:15 XXXX

BES2 06:00 – 08:30 Gala LIVE

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Schedule from Universal Sports
US-Eastern Standard Time

ONLINE TIME (live) TV TIME EVENT

Thursday, February 7 11:20pm ET N/A Dance Short Program

Friday, February 8 2:00am ET N/A Pairs Short Program

Friday, February 8 4:30am ET N/A Men’s Short Program

Friday, February 8 11:40pm ET N/A Ladies Short Program

Saturday, February 9 3:55am ET 5:00 – 6:00pm ET (SDD) Men’s Free Skate

Saturday, February 9 10:50pm ET 2:30 – 3:30pm ET (1DD – Feb. 10) Pairs Free Skate

Sunday, February 10 1:30am ET 5:00 – 6:00pm ET (SDD) Ladies Free Skate

Sunday, February 10 6:15am ET 6:00 – 7:00pm ET (SDD) Dance Free Skate

How do you watch Universal Sports live? You buy a subscription?

It's obviously geo-blocked to US but there's VPN services out there so it's always an option.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's a struggle even in the US, since it is only on the satellite providers, Dish & Direct TV, are the only ones that have US Sports.

GF2445

Record Breaker
No Ice Dance at all and no Ladies SP. And Pairs FS only the final group not live. :(

So if we want to watch Ladies SP, Fuji TV will the the only option.

British Eurosport from what it seems has quite good coverage. If you can find a site that streams British Eurosport-2 you'll be able to watch four continents
http://www.frombar.tv/ is a website where for 99.9999% of the time, there is a link to British Eurosport 2

Have a look for yourself
http://tv.eurosport.com/tvschedule.shtml
On the 8th Feb
(All British Time/GMT time)
8am Pairs SP (Live) 105mins
9:45am Ice Dance SD (taped) 105mins
11:30 Mens SP (Live) 150mins

*(considering that there are only 8 pairs teams and 13 ice dance teams, there will probably be time to show more of the mens.)

On the 9th Feb
10:00 Mens FS (Live) 270mins
14:30 Ladies' SP (taped) 60mins

*(They have allocated alot of time for the Mens FP and there are only 24 men in the field. They may broadcast more of the Ladies SP.)

On the 10th Feb
8am Ladies FS (Live) 210 Mins
11:30am Pairs FS (taped) 45 mins
12:15pm Ice Dance FD (Live) 165mins

*(I know only 45 mins for Pairs but there are only 8 teams from Canada, China and the US and from that only half the pairs field is really strong).

On the 11th Feb
7am Gala (Live) 150mins

Replays on 12th Feb at 6am (120mins) and 14th Feb at 11pm (120mins)

I hope this helps. Happy watching :D

Thanks a lot! Hopefully Frombar will work during 4CC.

Will Universal Sports show everything live online?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's a struggle even in the US, since it is only on the satellite providers, Dish & Direct TV, are the only ones that have US Sports.

Yeah it's ridiculous most cable companies don't even carry Universal Sports so you can't access their live stream either. And who wants to get the Dish or Direct TV just for one channel. Thank goodness the Icenetwork will be showing all the major skating competitions starting next season.

James R

Match Penalty
Yeah it's ridiculous most cable companies don't even carry Universal Sports so you can't access their live stream either. And who wants to get the Dish or Direct TV just for one channel. Thank goodness the Icenetwork will be showing all the major skating competitions starting next season.

Will Icenetwork have 4cc this season? Either live or on-demand?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
They haven't said. Last year they allowed you to purchase streaming for 4CCs as an extra to your subscription. The notice went up quite close to the event, just before it started, AFAIR.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
Portuguese Eurosport 2
08-02-2013
07h00 - Pairs short Live
08h45 - Dance short
10h30 - Men short Live

09-02-2013
9h00 - Men Free Live
13h00 - Ladies Short

10-02-2013
07h00 Ladies Free Live
10h30 Pairs free
11h15 Dance Free Live

11-02-2013
06h00 - Gala Live

A.H.Black

Final Flight
As I read the announcement about Icenetwork and NBC - the ISU stuff doesn't kick in until the 2017 season. I think it's still Universal next year for Grand Prix (except Skate America), 4CCs, Europeans, and Worlds. I'm sure NBC will show some of it through their arrangements with Universal.

rvi5

On the Ice
According to the CBC web site...

CBCSPORTS.CA
Sat Feb 23 4:00 PM EST Four Continents- Men's and Pairs Free Programs
Sun Feb 24 2:00 PM EST Four Continents- Women's and Dance

CBC TELEVISION
Sat Feb 23 4:00 PM EST Four Continents- Men's and Pairs Free Programs
Sun Feb 24 3:00 PM EST Four Continents (LOCAL)

CBC BOLD
Thu Feb 28 12:00 AM EST Four Continents
Fri Mar 1 12:00 AM EST Four Continents

Last edited:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As I read the announcement about Icenetwork and NBC - the ISU stuff doesn't kick in until the 2017 season. I think it's still Universal next year for Grand Prix (except Skate America), 4CCs, Europeans, and Worlds. I'm sure NBC will show some of it through their arrangements with Universal.

That doesn't make sense. The agreement runs through the 2017-18 season so why would they not show the GP, Worlds or 4CC until 2017? That doesn't sound right.

A.H.Black

Final Flight
That doesn't make sense. The agreement runs through the 2017-18 season so why would they not show the GP, Worlds or 4CC until 2017? That doesn't sound right.

There are two parts to the agreement -

U.S. Figure Skating announced two major media rights agreements today that will guarantee unprecedented coverage of figure skating in the United States through the end of the 2017-18 Olympic season. The first is a four-year extension of its broadcast rights agreement with NBC and the second is icenetwork.com's acquisition of all U.S. media rights for International Skating Union (ISU) events through the 2017-18 season.

The first part indicates an extension of the current agreement with the USFSA. The second part is an agreement for the ISU rights to come to Icenetwork. The word "through" makes the second part confusing as to dates and programming arrangements. I can't tell for sure if Icenetwork gets the streaming rights right away and Universal still gets the broadcast rights - or if the ISU part of the agreement doesn't start till 2017.

Pertinent paragraphs.

Approximately 20 hours of icenetwork.com's ISU figure skating rights will be shown on NBC annually, including the World Championships in primetime during non-Olympic years, and the ISU Grand Prix Series. ISU events will also be seen on cable television with NBC Sports Network showing select coverage of ISU Speed Skating events, including the World Sprint Speed Skating Championships and the World Short Track Speed Skating Championships. Universal Sports will continue to expand its coverage of all ISU events, with more than 50 hours of programming dedicated to figure skating and speed skating annually, including the World Figure Skating Championships, European Figure Skating Championships, Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, Grand Prix Series and select speed skating competitions.

Programming details for 2013-14 ISU events will be announced this summer.

NBC's broadcast schedule for 2013 Hilton HHonors Skate America and the 2014 Prudential U.S. Figure Skating Championship is below.

Whatever happens, it is clear that Universal will still have a big chunk of figure skating broadcast on their network.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
The way I read it, it means the agreement starts next year (becuase Universal has it through this season) and continues UNTIL the 2017-18 season. So basically Ice Network has the rights for 2013-2014 through AND INCLUDING 2017-2018

Another relevant paragraph (linked from here: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130125&content_id=41164758&vkey=ice_news)

The ISU agreement with icenetwork.com, a wholly owned subsidiary of U.S. Figure Skating, operated and managed by MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM), covers multiple distribution platforms and guarantees live coverage of ISU events, including the World Figure Skating Championships, the Four Continents Championships and the Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, on icenetwork.com, as well as television coverage on NBC, NBC Sports Network and Universal Sports.

Also, I get the sense that icenetwork, in turn is extending rights to, NBC Universal, which owns NBC, NBC Sports Network and a minority interest in Universal Sports:
Approximately 20 hours of icenetwork.com's ISU figure skating rights will be shown on NBC annually, including the world championships in primetime during non-Olympic years, and the ISU Grand Prix Series. ISU events will also be seen on cable television, with NBC Sports Network showing select coverage of ISU speed skating events, including the World Sprint Speed Skating Championships and the World Short Track Speed Skating Championships. Universal Sports will continue to expand its coverage of all ISU events, with more than 50 hours of programming dedicated to figure skating and speed skating annually, including the World Figure Skating Championships, European Figure Skating Championships, Four Continents Figure Skating Championships, Grand Prix Series and select speed skating competitions.

Last edited:

figuristka

Medalist
I was happy with CBC coverage this season but its disappointing they won't be showing 4cc until the 23rd. I was hoping it was on this weekend.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Just wanted to let you know that there is an important change to the Eurosport schedule for tomorrow's skating coverage. I have posted it in the Eurosport thread, but have quoted it below:

except for portugese eurosport , why are the showing only 1 hour of men sp?

Because I took the schedules from Eurosport's website 10 days ago and, Eurosport being Eurosport, they have changed their schedules since then! But, we can celebrate instead of complain because, instead of showing highlights as originally planned, they are now showing the Men's SP live!!! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

So, mikiandorocks' times for the Men's Short on Eurosport Portugal tomorrow are the same for the other versions too:

Eurosport International, Deutschland and France (All times CET)

Friday 8th February 2013
ESP2 11:30 – 14:00 Men Short Programme LIVE

British Eurosport (All times GMT)

Friday 8th February 2013
BES2 10:30 – 13:00 Men Short LIVE

Just shows that it is not always a good thing to be quick off the ball!

CaroLiza_fan

Don't worry, I will not be double-posting like I did during the Euros!

CaroLiza_fan

[ADMINS: it might be a good idea to merge the 2 threads so that all of the 4 Continents schedule talk, as well as let`s talk's Eurosport streaming links, is in the one place.]

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I know I said last night that I will not be double-posting during the 4CC. Well, I will make one more exception to give a warning:

What I have always suspected is now official:

Eurosport’s advertised schedules should be taken with a pinch of salt!!!

What was shown this morning bore no resemblance to what the Eurosport websites said last night, or what the on-screen TV listings are currently saying!

This is what they showed:

ESP2 07:00 – 08:10 GMT: Pairs Short LIVE
ESP2 08:10 – 09:30 GMT: Short Dance Full Replay (only warm-ups removed)
ESP2 09:30 – 13:00 GMT: Men’s Short LIVE

According to the advertised schedules, the line-up was supposed to be:

ESP2 07:00 – 08:45 GMT: Pairs Short LIVE
ESP2 08:45 – 10:30 GMT: Short Dance Highlights
ESP2 10:30 – 13:00 GMT: Men’s Short LIVE

Firstly, why were they allowing 1hr45m for a Pairs SP that only had 8 entries?! OK, so there was 1 last-minute withdrawal, reducing it to 7 competitors. But that would only have removed 5 minutes from the competition’s total length!

Similarly, why were they allowing 1hr45m for highlights of a Short Dance that only had 13 entries?! Like, the live competition was barely 1hr45m, and Eurosport were always going to be taking out the resurfacing

And finally, why was the coverage of the Men’s Short due to start a full hour after the competition was due to start?

This all started me wondering – was there a last-minute change in the competition schedule?

Whatever happened, my advice for the rest of the championships is this: get up early and put on a foreign stream before the competition is due to start. At the same time, put Eurosport 2 on somewhere (be it on the TV or in another window), and keep one eye on it for the coverage to start. And once it does start, DON’T LEAVE IT UNTIL THE COVERAGE IS OVER!!!

I had good luck with this Britsh Eurosport feed

Incidentally, I will no longer be posting links to live streams. I had been using the same website for live steams of Eurosport for over a year. During the Europeans, I posted links to the website in my reminders before every competition. And, the following week, the website closed down!

Admittedly, the website is back up under a different name. But, I don’t want to risk it being removed again.

CaroLiza_fan

Gotta go - about to re-start with Miner

CaroLiza_fan