Thread: The Har-bowl

The Har-bowl

Ok I know there aren't many (American) Football fans on here, but how cool is it that the two teams in the superbowl's coaches are siblings? I'm super stoked for Sunday. I'm hoping for the Niners.

Custom Title
    Yes, I love when this happens. I don't know enough to know which team I want to win, but I know you're a west coast gal first, last, and always. I do know just enough to know that the Niners have won quite a few times before, but I don't know anything about the Ravens' history--except that they're new, right? Wait--it's coming back to me. The Colts were in Baltimore, and then they snuck out and went to Indianapolis, and the Ravens replaced them. Have they ever won a Super Bowl before?

LOL you know more than me..... the only reason I know which teams is because I bought boxes in the Super Bowl pool. Even then, I'll probably need to check the scores on line since I'm unlikely to have the game on for the duration - definitely switching to Downton Abbey.

Yes the Ravens won i think in 2000?

Niners have won 5 (in 85 they won the day mom went into labor with me. She wouldnt go to the hospital till the game was over. To say we are a Niners family is an understatement.)

I'd say this is a 50/50 game. No idea who will win. It's going to be a nailbiter (or in my case a knucklebiter)

Custom Title
    That's a stitch, Toni. I hope you get your wish, but if things go in the other direction, we'll be here to dust you off.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    @BrianBoitano
    I got an honorable mention!!>> Worst Super Bowl halftime shows ever - SFGate http://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/...?cmpid=twittervia @SFGate #halftimeshow
    Worst Super Bowl halftime shows ever
    If this were 1990 instead of 2010, we might have to watch a bad Elvis impersonator perform a card trick involving the New Kids on the Block, Olympic figure skater Dorothy Hamill and the Miami Sound...
    11:55 AM - 3 Feb 13
    https://twitter.com/BrianBoitano/sta...57753770332160

Nice that Boitano is quick to laugh at himself.

Whenever I see comments in other threads that historically the most popular U.S. skating stars overwhelmingly have been ladies, I always think of Boitano as a major exception to that pattern.

Boitano and Yamaguchi are big 49er fans. Boitano is hosting a big party.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    @Evan_Bates
    Got my money on coach Harbaugh tonight. #superbowl
    2:13 PM - 3 Feb 13

Custom Title
    The one year I tune in, and there's a power failure. Is it something I said?

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I'd say this is a 50/50 game. No idea who will win. It's going to be a nailbiter (or in my case a knucklebiter)
    Hang in there Toni, the 49ers just may do it...I can only imagine what your nails look like...

I had to head out to watch my boss win the Tustumena 200 right after that horrid thing they called a half time show. It was a good effort for the rebound... we shot ourselves in teh foot in the first half. Oh well, can't have them all...