Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Serafima Sakhanovich

Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

Serafima Sakhanovich

She may be a youngster but after a silver at JWC and putting up a respectable 183 as a 13yr old at the highly competitive Russian Nationals(senior), it might be time for her own thread. I see big things in her future and think she might be the saving grace for fans who enjoy a skater who places emphasis on artistic expression and deep edges. She recently joined Eteri Tutberidzi's group with what seems to be her closest friend ,Evgenia Medvedeva. Best of luck in her future endeavors

She just started a VK Fanpage in the last day or so and you can check it out here.

http://vk.com/serafima_sakhanovich

Here is her silver medal winning FS at JWC 2014

http://youtu.be/eSf6sY-vOzQ

She can fix her landings and settle her spins a bit still but she has potential and an artistic approach that will be fun to watch develop over the next few years.

Welcome Serafima!

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    I like this girl! I noticed her a couple of seasons ago and found so mature for her age, delicate and polite
    I was so happy when I read she joined Eteri... it's the best group to grow up!

Tripping on the Podium
    familiar melody, isn't that so?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20mi0OXcKvY

a cat watching figure skating alebi's Avatar
    yes I noticed during Russian NATs But I prefer the other one's version

Serafima has announced her FS for this season

In any program, we chose a completely new way for me big girl. Because of this, at first there were doubts whether it is worth it to take? But I said I wanted to try and music and theme because in the end, love can happen to anyone at any age.

We are talking about tango "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla - the first part of my free program. And the second - a rhythmic dance tune that still Zhenya Plushenko used.

The plot of the program - the story of how she woke up in the morning, is not near a loved one, and sees a letter in which it is written that he breaks up with her. Her first impulse - to crumple and throw this letter. But it all happened so suddenly and unexpectedly, that she could not quite believe what has happened and continues to have a fondness for the elect. So in agony and anguish passes the first part, followed by a second. Time is a great healer, and at some point she realizes that this is necessary to turn the page and begin to live, enjoy, smile ... The heroine dancing, forgetting everything, feeling free and happy. And at the end of the program she removes finger ring and throws.
    And her SP too!!

First made a short program to waltz music from the movie "My Sweet and Tender Beast."

At one time this music skated American Sasha Cohen. Her mother was from Odessa and told me that she liked this movie.

Really beautiful melody. My parents also love. Yes, I myself feel it well. The image I have an easy and intuitive. My character has matured, but does not want to part with my childhood. A bird symbolizes childhood, which I let go at the end of the program. But who does not dream of adults become a child again: sincere, happy, carefree? Therefore, releasing the bird, I decide to fly her.

Delivered program Etery G.. The program is not very difficult technically, but very beautiful and aesthetic. From the new to see unusual position in the rotation, which no one has yet done. Jumping, as before, in the second part. Now I have a good snipe. Anyway, better than it was. I used it almost jumped from their seats, and now I try to do on the go, leaping without brakes.

Google Translated Interview with Serafima.

Serafima Sakhanovich "On the go, leaping without brakes"

August 1, 2014

http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/136-sera...z-tormoza.html

After completing the last season, a silver medalist at the World Junior Serafima Sakhonavich decided to move to Moscow and train a group coach Etery Tutberidze. Moving to another city is always accompanied by a lot of problems, especially if we are talking about 14-year-old schoolgirl. About how things easy, the trauma, which has performed at the World Championships in Bulgaria, the new programs - the departed childhood and ring abandoned after a loved one, as well as poetry and the ability to make a massage in an interview Seraphim Sakhanovich FFKKR site.

A: the reason for the move to Moscow?

We had difficulties with financing. In St. Petersburg, I have no one undertook to sponsor and to shift costs, which grew every year, on the shoulders of parents I couldn't.

Nevertheless, the issue with your transition was not immediately resolved.

St. Petersburg skating federation did not want to let go. Said that in St. Petersburg and so few skaters. But I decided, if not released, then all of sports, and it does not go into hiding. Since the completion time was running out transitions, then Peter had to settle for my move.

Moved to Moscow and ...

Took me well. Under Etery and all the guys I already know. And yet the first training were difficult for me, because after the World Cup long rest - almost a month. But once started Novogorske on ice immediately jumped all triple.

When they began to put the new program?

At the beginning of the collection. First made a short program to waltz music from the movie "My Sweet and Tender Beast."

At one time this music skated American Sasha Cohen. Her mother was from Odessa and told me that she liked this movie.

Really beautiful melody. My parents also love. Yes, I myself feel it well. The image I have an easy and intuitive. My character has matured, but does not want to part with my childhood. A bird symbolizes childhood, which I let go at the end of the program. But who does not dream of adults to become a child again: sincere, happy, carefree? Therefore, releasing the bird, I decide to fly her.

Delivered program Etery G.. The program is not very difficult technically, but very beautiful and aesthetic. From the new to see unusual position in the rotation, which no one has yet done. Jumping, as before, in the second part. Now I have a good snipe. Anyway, better than it was. I used it almost jumped from their seats, and now I try to do on the go, leaping without brakes.

Heard that an arbitrary program is also unusual.

In any program, we chose a completely new way for me big girl. Because of this, at first there were doubts whether it is worth it to take? But I said I wanted to try and music and theme because in the end, love can happen to anyone at any age.

We are talking about tango "Oblivion" by Astor Piazzolla - the first part of my free program. And the second - a rhythmic dance tune that still Zhenya Plushenko used.

The plot of the program - the story of how she woke up in the morning, is not near a loved one, and sees a letter in which it is written that he breaks up with her. Her first impulse - to crumple and throw this letter. But it all happened so suddenly and unexpectedly, that she could not quite believe what has happened and continues to have a fondness for the elect. So in agony and anguish passes the first part, followed by a second. Time is a great healer, and at some point she realizes that this is necessary to turn the page and begin to live, enjoy, smile ... The heroine dancing, forgetting everything, feeling free and happy. And at the end of the program she removes finger ring and throws.

Such a program, really, must feel.

Sure. I like the soul of the program, which explores the lives of people. I do not like emptiness, nothing expressed in skating. I think that I will succeed. After all, I grew up early in our family and I have never been treated like a little girl. I have two older sisters. We already have one daughter, waiting for the second child, and for us it is a great happiness. Unfortunately, we see each other rarely. And this is not always enough.

As a child I always had to reach because the elders wanted to grow faster, because I was little that was allowed. You could say that I was kept on a tight rein. Although my parents are by nature very kind and supportive throughout.

You said that in figure skating came rather late.

Initially, my parents wanted me to simply engage in any sports, and an ice palace was two steps from the house, and it's all decided. Figure skating mom and dad treated like fitness, nothing more. I myself did not initially think that everything would become so serious.

Why do you think you took a coach Alina Y. Pisarenko?

Because I had a good physique. She often talked about it. I quickly grasped, and to 11 years have all triple jump ... How much I was involved in the sport - she did not understand. Training for training, year after year ... But now without figure skating I can not live. On vacation days begin to wonder when I get on the ice. Can not wait.

You were not tempted to quit?

I do not. My mother had. But we have to understand my mother. She worries about me, especially when something goes wrong. Getting nervous, saying: "Everything we throw, we leave." So it was a lot of times, but seriously twice when she made me stop. Week I did not go to practice.

Nevertheless, my mother agreed and moved to Moscow with you.

I think she understands how serious for me skating. But I understand now what my mother means and how much harder it is on me. I have a job, occupation, and my mother just me and all that is associated with me. Papa is in St. Petersburg. Family in St. Petersburg. Mom sacrificed very much for me. It should be appreciated. As professional and life experience that I get training in St. Petersburg, and now in Moscow

You buy an apartment?

No, we do rent an apartment next to the rink. While all good.

What do you miss in Moscow?

Papa, family, my dog. When we were looking for an apartment, all the ads were approximately as follows: children and pets not allowed.

How to distract from the sad memories? What do you like to do besides figure skating?

Really love to do massage. And everyone is always doing it.

Where learned or taught who?

Dad. And he had learned from a professional masseur, when I was little and I had to do a massage. My father is an amateur, though, but rather a professional engaged in various types of martial arts, so me as an athlete, he understands very well. And when I came back after training and GPP body ached, muscles ached, Dad starts massaging them. And I watched and remembered. Seen fingers and my hands are strong and powerful, because it turns out a good massage. Everyone is always happy.

In Japan, after the competition at the Grand Prix finals I gave all our girls massage five o'clock. And Adeline and Medvedeva, Sasha Proklova, Ana Pogoriloy ... At Adeline then all is well began to take shape, and we even joked that maybe I do it constantly massage.

Last season you had a lot of starts. What competition are remembered with a plus sign, and which minusuesh?

Junior World Championships was very difficult. To me there was bad. Injured right foot and skated on painkillers. Some doctors said it was inflammation of ligaments, others that a fractured metatarsal bone. Promised that if the inflammation, it must pass through two weeks. But the pain did not stop more than a month. It hurt all the foot jumping - flip, lutz and Toe loop (?)because these with right foot. But before the end of the season somehow, did not lose shape. Gone on vacation. Nearly a month break turned out. Vacationing in Turkey. Helpful and very nice. Especially when driving in Pamukkale. There all in the snow ... rest, reduced load, and no pain.

A plus sign I recall podium sweep of Russia in Saransk. There I skated well. All did, except for the hollow. But this jump I was initially wrong edge. Watching your baby videos, and everywhere axel jump from their seats, I brake.

In the first interview you hit the phrase that "the ice alive." Still think so?

Sure. Ice alive. And how do you feel about it, and it to you. Often, the athlete starts to fall and then angrily hitting heel on the ice. Remains angry and then the skater misses. And when loves ice respectful. If it slide, skate, stroking theblade, and it pushes you to jump.

Such comparisons. Do not write poetry?

No. I love to read poetry. Favorite poets we have with Dad - Edward Assad and Sergei Yesenin. Daddy loves poetry. We have a common theme and - about animals. Begin to read aloud together and seem to dissolve. Esenin poems about puppy that runs away. Sorry ...

Crying?

Crying.

We will not end the conversation on a sad note, the more that will soon begin at the Grand Prix. What do you want to achieve?

Madly want to show that my skating has become better, stronger, I added. Came to us for training leaders of the federation, the judges, and all agreed that this is true. And in general I want to show the maximum of what can and what can not. I want to achieve the impossible.

Interviewed by Olga Ermolina

Photo by Yulia Komarova

Medalist
    I'm happy about music for SP. It's good choice for her. I also think moving to Moscow to train with Eteri was a good decision. She trains with Evgenia so they can push each other to be better.

Serafima doing an exhibition last year. Good luck to her in the upcoming JGP events!

https://vk.com/video-73411480_169765655

Different link if VK doesn't work

http://youtu.be/TZg-wto9yw8

The only thing that sucked about her performance was that only like 10 people or something showed up to watch! Seriously?

She is a star as well! What in the world is going on in Tutberidze's training sessions?

Serafima at Warm-ups the day before the SP.

https://pp.vk.me/c617626/v617626213/...M08bFqVOEI.jpg

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Unite View Post
    The only thing that sucked about her performance was that only like 10 people or something showed up to watch! Seriously?
    I guess FS is not so popular in Slovenia. Sooo ecstatic over her performance. Seeing her reaction to her score was awesome . The wait till Saturday is gonna be hard.

Custom Title
    Aaaa the exhibition is to "Once upon a December" from the movie Anastasia!
    That was my absolutely favorite movie when I was a child, I always wanted to be Russian and speak Russian back then, only cause of the movie

Absolutely killing it. 191 total score
    https://pp.vk.me/c618731/v618731157/...d1Hfp91fWI.jpg

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast