Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Elena Radionova

Custom Title

Elena Radionova

I think she deserves her thread here.
    3-3-3. WOW
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmWoGTrqko4

Custom Title
    I think she can have 3Lz+3T+3T in her program next season and with one flip instead of two.

I just wish her jump can be good as Adelina's or Liza's. I don't see any jumpers like Liza and Adelina coming up. I don't think Elena would lose her jumps as she grows up, but still, she isn't good enough to receive 2 or 3 +GOEs for her jumps. At least she has artistry, spins&steps that can receive level fours.

Custom Title
    What amazes me is that all our super girls are completely different!each of them outstands in different things:
    Julia - the best spins in the world
    Liza - the cleanest jumps in the world
    Adelina - all-around
    Lena - the best artistry

Custom Title
    Too bad that Russian girls never "got it all".

Any girl who actually has:
    1).Spins with beautiful positions, and ones that usually gets level four.
    2).Step sequence good enough to earn level three or four.
    3).Elegance and artistry
    4).Every triple jumps except 3A with no flutz/lip problems.
    5).Is consistent.
    6).Has ability to put 3T or 3Lo to any triple jumps.
    7).Has good quality jumps, with amazing height and distance. It would be Gracie+Liza combined.
    8).Has nice speed/ice coverage.

I think I'm asking for another Yuna here If any girls have everything on this list, she would be amazing.

And as for jumps-I just don't like Julia and Serafima's jumps. I'm not sure about Elena-she has difficulty but not the quality.

Custom Title
    Come on!Lena is just 13)) Recall Yu-na at this age..
    IMO, Adele is "almost-there-girl"..All she needs is consistency aaaand emotions during her skates!Sometimes she looks tooooo tense(
    Liza is really good too, but her coverage is BAD for me((
    All I want to say is that they will be great...with time=) Yu-na like, may be?

Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    Come on!Lena is just 13)) Recall Yu-na at this age..
    IMO, Adele is "almost-there-girl"..All she needs is consistency aaaand emotions during her skates!Sometimes she looks tooooo tense(
    Liza is really good too, but her coverage is BAD for me((
    All I want to say is that they will be great...with time=) Yu-na like, may be?
    Yuna at 12 years old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phlLjuZd1c The jumps and skating skills were already there. She just didn't get the kind of exposure at that age that Elena, Adelina and Liza had.

Tripping on the Podium
    Radionova is phenomenal. At 1:10 there is Lipnitskaya on the background doing triple jump?

Another russian prodigy is to watch Serafima Sakhanovich (age 12 now), who came 5th at Russian Nationals
    Last edited by momskate; 02-02-2013 at 01:25 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by momskate View Post
    Radionova is phenomenal. At 1:10 there is Lipnitskaya on the background doing triple jump?

Another russian prodigy is to watch Serafima Sakhanovich (age 12 now), who came 5th at Russian Nationals
    a-ha that's she))

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Yuna at 12 years old: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-phlLjuZd1c The jumps and skating skills were already there. She just didn't get the kind of exposure at that age that Elena, Adelina and Liza had.
    Yu-na was great even at 12, I agree))One of all-time bests..

her jumps aren't that good in landings, clunky. she hasn't have power yet on her jumps
    I'd say Liza, Adelina and even Julia have better jumps

amongst the newer girls Serafima's jumps are huge and she is fixing her bent knees
    Serafima has better jumps imo

Tripping on the Podium
    I'm impresses with Serafima's 3Lz+3T, hope to see her at junior worlds

Quote Originally Posted by momskate View Post
    I'm impresses with Serafima's 3Lz+3T, hope to see her at junior worlds
    I don't think she's old enough....She can dominate Juniors next year..

Custom Title
    we'll wait and see. She still has to growup and maybe out - this could affect her skating.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Radionova lack power, both in her skating and her jumps, but she's still really tiny.

Unless puberty hits her hard, I could imagine her being 2018 Olympic Champion.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I don't think she's old enough....She can dominate Juniors next year..
    She is old enough, I think.

ETA: I was wrong. She won't be Junior age-eligible until next season. Thanks to Oleada for all the info in the Russian Junior Nationals ladies thread.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-02-2013 at 10:40 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Radionova lack power, both in her skating and her jumps, but she's still really tiny.

Unless puberty hits her hard, I could imagine her being 2018 Olympic Champion.
    I agree!

I don't really like Julia's jumps. Compared to Gracie's or Liza's, her jumps' quality is really bad and I think she might even lose some of her jumps as she grows up, gains more weight. Even Liza had to suffer with some of her jumps, it's going to be more tough for Julia. Well, so only thing Julia would have by 2018 is her spins, and girls like Gracie and Elena are able to get level four for their spins, and also, some GOEs. Gracie IMO should receive higher SS, and SS was only thing great about Julia besides her spins. She'll be far behind Gracie or even Liza by 2018 if she doesn't change her jumps, and would not receive any medals at all at 2018 Olympics, if she's going to compete there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast