Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 173

Thread: Elena Radionova

  1. #106
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    345
    I read an Interview with Aerbuch. He talked about Yulia and Elena in it, since he choreographed for both of them. He said things like:

    "They are both amazing talents, but completely different.
    Lipnitskaya is very reserved. She has a very mathematical mind, spins and elements are important to her, to deliver a good program.
    Elena is very focused on the expressiveness and the dance itself, she sometimes does moves on her own and such, (therefore) it's a great pleasure as a choreographer to work with her, she has the god given ability to pass whatever she wants through her/to others in a very sincere way."

    (Not all of it and not all the exact sentences, but that were the main points)
    I think he gets it completely right here.
    Elena's absolute strength is her expressiveness, she is so alive in her programs, you can tell that she is all about energy and emotions. The Russian field is so deep. .. but this ability could really set her apart.
    Like Elena said, "everyone should try to have their own face" .. I guess she means their own way, their own thing by that, and I think this is hers

  2. #107
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,529
    ^And that's what I'm most looking for in a skater....someone that can make me FEEL. Elena makes me feel. Love what Averbukh said about her. It must be very rewarding to work with a skater who can internalize and live the choreography, and add their own personality / character to it.

  3. #108
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,208
    ^on this we will always agree because I love Elena. She has a light feel to her and its very enjoyable the way she can so easily interpret a role and relate it so well to the music. As you said she feels the music but more importantly she helps us to feel it. She is a dancer as Ilya said and her strength is relating that feeling she has to the crowd. I have often wondered if she actually performs her best when the crowd is there as opposed to a practice session when no crowd is present for her to feed off of. Not that her practices would be bad obviously it's just maybe her programs are at their best when performed for an audience that she can feed off of. As a performer the crowd may in fact be her biggest strength where as to others it could serve as a distraction or even induce nervousness.

    I love the distinction and understanding Ilya gives to these two girls and it's good that he is a choreographer who recognizes skaters strengths and respects and likely improves them while doing his job. Two of the brightest stars of the day shining in completely different ways. Can't wait for Japan Open to see both of them.

    I must admit Elena's SP last year which wasn't done by Ilya was probably my favorite SP of the year by anyone. I have downloaded this song to my phone and listen to it frequently.

    http://youtu.be/2KyO3ltU38s

  4. #109
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    185
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam-Skwantch View Post
    ^on this we will always agree because I love Elena. She has a light feel to her and its very enjoyable the way she can so easily interpret a role and relate it so well to the music. As you said she feels the music but more importantly she helps us to feel it. She is a dancer as Ilya said and her strength is relating that feeling she has to the crowd. I have often wondered if she actually performs her best when the crowd is there as opposed to a practice session when no crowd is present for her to feed off of. Not that her practices would be bad obviously it's just maybe her programs are at their best when performed for an audience that she can feed off of. As a performer the crowd may in fact be her biggest strength where as to others it could serve as a distraction or even induce nervousness.

    I love the distinction and understanding Ilya gives to these two girls and it's good that he is a choreographer who recognizes skaters strengths and respects and likely improves them while doing his job. Two of the brightest stars of the day shining in completely different ways. Can't wait for Japan Open to see both of them.

    I must admit Elena's SP last year which wasn't done by Ilya was probably my favorite SP of the year by anyone. I have downloaded this song to my phone and listen to it frequently.

    http://youtu.be/2KyO3ltU38s
    It was done by Ilya

  5. #110
    Size 7 Knife Boots Sam-Skwantch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    At the Rink
    Posts
    3,208
    Quote Originally Posted by MsLiinaLii View Post
    It was done by Ilya
    Ahh....I thought he only did her FS. I see now it was a team effort.

    Nero
    (music for Anna Karenina)
    by Two Steps from Hell
    choreo. by Ilia Averbukh, Elena Maslennikova

    Thx for the info

  6. #111
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    I read an Interview with Aerbuch. He talked about Yulia and Elena in it, since he choreographed for both of them. He said things like:

    "They are both amazing talents, but completely different.
    Lipnitskaya is very reserved. She has a very mathematical mind, spins and elements are important to her, to deliver a good program.
    Elena is very focused on the expressiveness and the dance itself, she sometimes does moves on her own and such, (therefore) it's a great pleasure as a choreographer to work with her, she has the god given ability to pass whatever she wants through her/to others in a very sincere way."
    Thank you for this..

  7. #112
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    345
    You're welcome
    It's really interesting actually... he adds that Yulia's character could also very well be described as mathematical, as her skating.
    While furthermore he says that Elena
    ..."takes the moves from you and dances instead of you. So I wouldn't take all the credit for her good choreography(in her SP) to me."

    Her coach also said that Elena's biggest strength is her sensibility. The way she expresses herself through the music.
    And I agree sth like that IS kinda "god given".
    You can learn the jumps and you can stretch, but this ability to reach people with whatever she wants comes natural or it doesn't.

    He ends it with "In fact I'm really looking forward to their bright future and a great rivalry between these 2"

    Let's see what becomes of her!

  8. #113
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    You're welcome
    It's really interesting actually... he adds that Yulia's character could also very well be described as mathematical, as her skating.
    While furthermore he says that Elena
    ..."takes the moves from you and dances instead of you. So I wouldn't take all the credit for her good choreography(in her SP) to me."

    Her coach also said that Elena's biggest strength is her sensibility. The way she expresses herself through the music.
    And I agree sth like that IS kinda "god given".
    You can learn the jumps and you can stretch, but this ability to reach people with whatever she wants comes natural or it doesn't.

    He ends it with "In fact I'm really looking forward to their bright future and a great rivalry between these 2"

    Let's see what becomes of her!
    This!!!!

  9. #114
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    48
    Just got this from the Japan Open thread >> https://twitter.com/txfigure/status/500447694570012672

    It appears that Elena will compete in Japan Open 2014.

  10. #115
    Ice is slippery.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    399
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnybear View Post
    Just got this from the Japan Open thread >> https://twitter.com/txfigure/status/500447694570012672

    It appears that Elena will compete in Japan Open 2014.

  11. #116
    Custom Title Kuan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    193
    Quote Originally Posted by starlight97 View Post
    I read an Interview with Aerbuch. He talked about Yulia and Elena in it, since he choreographed for both of them. He said things like:

    "They are both amazing talents, but completely different.
    Lipnitskaya is very reserved. She has a very mathematical mind, spins and elements are important to her, to deliver a good program.
    Elena is very focused on the expressiveness and the dance itself, she sometimes does moves on her own and such, (therefore) it's a great pleasure as a choreographer to work with her, she has the god given ability to pass whatever she wants through her/to others in a very sincere way."

    (Not all of it and not all the exact sentences, but that were the main points)
    I think he gets it completely right here.
    Elena's absolute strength is her expressiveness, she is so alive in her programs, you can tell that she is all about energy and emotions. The Russian field is so deep. .. but this ability could really set her apart.
    Like Elena said, "everyone should try to have their own face" .. I guess she means their own way, their own thing by that, and I think this is hers
    Thank you for posting this. This could be the reason why she is my (actually only) favourite amoung the young russians, although I am more into jumps... But in this erea she doesn´t disappiont as well. I love this.

  12. #117
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    360
    Thanks for the interview as well, that's why I love Radionova and I bet she is the type when there is an audience watching, she will perform even more. In terms of the choreo, she definitely added her own flavor.

    on a side note:
    not only Radionova's lutz reminds me of Yuna,
    her approach to spin also reminds me of Yuna. I guess certain movement quality is related to musically, balance skills etc.

  13. #118
    Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,529
    ^^^I personally much prefer Elena to Yuna. To me Elena's expression is more heartfelt and genuine. But I agree Elena has a similar lutz technique to Yuna's. In fact, her lutz used to be bigger (pretty gigantic) in the 2011 season than it is now. I felt like her team has purposely tried to slow it down to perhaps improve consistency.

    I just discovered this gala video to Adele from her at Junior Worlds in the 2012-2013 season. I loved the exhibition and many of you probably have seen it already, but I wanted to bring to your attention the encore she did starting at around 3:52, where she skated to the step sequence from her LP that season. I've never seen this particular performance before. And even though I really enjoyed her LP from that season I don't think I've ever seen her skate it with this much feeling for the music, and with so much joy and abandon...it almost made me tear up. As the British Eurosport comentators were saying "she lives every moment when she's on the ice..she's only happy when she's skating, I'm sure" I felt chills. They really "got" her.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJoJF4bl1b8

    What a gem Elena is. I really hope the skategod will be kind to her through puberty, and allow her to remain relatively injury free, because I can't imagine what a phenomenal skater and artist she's going to grow into if she's already like this now.

  14. #119
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba View Post
    Ok I found it.
    It's called Frida from the album "Have You Met Miss Bates?" by Rope, an electro-acoustic duo from Poland.
    Thx a lot. I've been searching for this song for a long time. U have any idea what are the last two parts of her program music? I listened to all the albums from this artist on spotify, but didn't find any similar to Elena's program music. Thx in advance.

  15. #120
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    ^^^I personally much prefer Elena to Yuna. To me Elena's expression is more heartfelt and genuine. But I agree Elena has a similar lutz technique to Yuna's. In fact, her lutz used to be bigger (pretty gigantic) in the 2011 season than it is now. I felt like her team has purposely tried to slow it down to perhaps improve consistency.

    I just discovered this gala video to Adele from her at Junior Worlds in the 2012-2013 season. I loved the exhibition and many of you probably have seen it already, but I wanted to bring to your attention the encore she did starting at around 3:52, where she skated to the step sequence from her LP that season. I've never seen this particular performance before. And even though I really enjoyed her LP from that season I don't think I've ever seen her skate it with this much feeling for the music, and with so much joy and abandon...it almost made me tear up. As the British Eurosport comentators were saying "she lives every moment when she's on the ice..she's only happy when she's skating, I'm sure" I felt chills. They really "got" her.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJoJF4bl1b8

    What a gem Elena is. I really hope the skategod will be kind to her through puberty, and allow her to remain relatively injury free, because I can't imagine what a phenomenal skater and artist she's going to grow into if she's already like this now.
    I actually think Elena most resembles Oksana Baiul in her artistry and natural dance ability. She's the skater I'm most excited about in the upcoming seasons. I hope she doesn't become jaded...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •