Elena Radionova | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

NaVi

Medalist
Getting somewhat personal here(and potentially opening a can of worms), but does anyone know exactly what connection Elena has to Donetsk? She follows a Donetsk page(*) on her vk(like yulia follows a Yekaterinburg page), someone uploaded two photos(**) of her in Donetsk to a russian image board, and a friend from Donetsk commented on one of her videos(***) saying that Elena visits every year.

* http://vk.com/elena_radionova http://vk.com/donetsk
** http://arhivach.org/thread/44565/#322920 - http://abload.de/img/469cad49f52451a897010l7soc.jpg
** http://arhivach.org/thread/44565/#322935 - http://abload.de/img/1a076fda0e1b257e06520h8shn.jpg
*** https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kQw2v5ZLF8
*** google translate:"a friend of mine, she is with us in Donetsk (Ukraine) arrives each year)" (знакомая моя ,она к нам в Донецк (Украина) приезжает каждый год))

I'm guessing one or both of her parents is from Donetsk or the Donbas region... that area isn't exactly some place you'd visit every year unless there were relatives there. Pogo's parents are from Kharkiv, but IIRC (and I can't find the link now) in an interview earlier this year she said she hadn't been there in 3 years. They were both born and raised in Moscow.

Last edited:

shine

Record Breaker
Please Elena, work with actual choreographers next season. Averbukh did such a good job with her LP last year - what happened to the SP this year?? In terms of programs, I'm considering this season a write-off. But glad that she's doing so well. Hope she hold it together in the LP.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Call me crazy, but I actually like the program. There are a lot of music edits in it but, for some reason, it works. I think it's just because Elena could probably sell a sandbox at the beach...no matter what she skates to, she sells it. She's fully engaged from start to finish and she performs. So few skaters perform and I think that's one of the main reasons she stands out.

She's really kicking butt this season. So excited to see what will happen in the FS!

Barb

Record Breaker
I don´t like the program but she is fabulous and her jumps were more stables.

yay

On the Ice
I think it's just because Elena could probably sell a sandbox at the beach...no matter what she skates to, she sells it.
True. I was complaining about the program but I did like the performance. A lot. But if she had a program which matches her talent, it would be a top notch skate. And I would have no reason to sigh.

Last edited:

gravy

¿No ven quién soy yo?
Record Breaker
Call me crazy, but I actually like the program. There are a lot of music edits in it but, for some reason, it works. I think it's just because Elena could probably sell a sandbox at the beach...no matter what she skates to, she sells it. She's fully engaged from start to finish and she performs. So few skaters perform and I think that's one of the main reasons she stands out.

She's really kicking butt this season. So excited to see what will happen in the FS!

I really love her SP to be honest because it's so age appropriate. She reminds me of all the middle school and high school girls who choreographed their silly dances to JLo songs growing up. It's fun, spunky, youthful, and she loves the program and it shows when she performs it. That to me goes a longer way than a generically pretty POTO or Carmen program that was chosen only because it presents no risks.

One of the British commentators said it was a clever routine for a 15 year old who has "showbiz coming out of every pore of her body".

I agree with everyone else that later on, I won't want a program like this but for now, she's 15.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker

Oddly enough, I... agree. On anyone else it would just be a mess. But you can tell she genuinely enjoys her music and what she's doing out there. When the performer is so into it, I can't help but get into it too. :) And underneath the JLo vocals, her choreography is actually well timed to the music. Once I look past the music itself, I like the program.

Ayeshoo

On the Ice
Can I ask here how she decided on the music? I mean, was she the one who thought "hey, how about some pop/Latina/JLo music..." or something. Or was she given a few mixes and then she narrowed it down to this one... I don't know she has ever discussed it in an interview/..

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Please Elena, work with actual choreographers next season. Averbukh did such a good job with her LP last year - what happened to the SP this year?? In terms of programs, I'm considering this season a write-off. But glad that she's doing so well. Hope she hold it together in the LP.

agree

Sorrento

Record Breaker
What are you all talking about? She still has Ilya Averbukh listed as her choreographer for this season in her ISU card. I love her SP. I think she moves so good to the music and she is so natural. She enjoys it and she is very in line with the rythm. I absolutely love the way she moves. And I think this program suits her. She is a natural charmer. I don't see why she needs to stay the same every year, she has to try different styles.
I completely disagree with all the meh comments on this page. She is wonderful. And I love the way she dances to the music. She dances, not simply skates. And has jumps and spins placed into the music in a very smart way. And her step sequences are great.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
What are you all talking about? She still has Ilya Averbukh listed as her choreographer for this season in her ISU card. I love her SP. I think she moves so good to the music and she is so natural. She enjoys it and she is very in line with the rythm. I absolutely love the way she moves. And I think this program suits her. She is a natural charmer. I don't see why she needs to stay the same every year, she has to try different styles.
I completely disagree with all the meh comments on this page. She is wonderful. And I love the way she dances to the music. She dances, not simply skates. And has jumps and spins placed into the music in a very smart way. And her step sequences are great.

SHE IS WONDERFUL! She and Liza are my greatest favorites in this year. And I almost agree with you in every words. But the SP isn't my favorite, maybe a little bit too chaotic..:confused: or the music choice isn't the best... or these are together..

Last edited:

Sorrento

Record Breaker
SHE IS WONDERFUL! She and Liza are my greatest favorites in this year. And I almost agree with you in every words. But the SP isn't my favorite, maybe a little bit too chaotic..:confused: or the music choice isn't the best... or these are together..
I don't know why it doesn't please you the way it does for me- I love it. Every time she is on the ice she makes me smile. I may be one of a few but I had to voice my opinion- I love every single bit of her SP. :dance:

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I don't know why it doesn't please you the way it does for me- I love it. Every time she is on the ice she makes me smile. I may be one of a few but I had to voice my opinion- I love every single bit of her SP. :dance:

OK!!!! ;) I love it!!!! :dance: How wonderful she was in LP!!!!! She is 15 but she can skate to JLo and to Rachmaninov!!! Can you imagin that??? She is smiling- shining on ice!!! She is far better performer than Julia, no doubt!