Elena Radionova | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

starlight97

Final Flight
Does anybody know if Elena is taking English lessons?
Recently she's commented her pictures on social media in English and is able to express herself impressively, very correct and eloquent! :clap:
I know that a year ago she didn't speak a word of English, like all (?) the Russian girls and I heard her mention the desire to learn it somewhere. ..
so does anybody know whether she takes lessons apart from Figure skating (which would be impressive)?

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
I was about to pop in here and ask if anyone happened to see Elena's english video interview on CBC's coverage of the GPF this weekend?

Surprised to see her english sounding pretty decent for a Russian 15 year old.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Cool thanks! Her accent reminds me of Oksana Baiul English accent :biggrin: Her facial expressions are adorable as well. It's like she's performing while talking!!!

Last edited:

MalAssada

Medalist
She's adorable! Do you know if they interviewed Yulia as well? I'd love to see her speaking English.

But back to Elena, that's quite good! I can't imagine her having much time to learn English between practices and school work.

stryke

On the Ice
The majority of the Russian girls understand English. They may not be able to speak it but they understand when someone is talking to them. Yulia is the only on I think who does not understand yet and the only English I've ever seen her speak was at the arrival at CoC her "No :X:" lol.

grantrf98

On the Ice
The majority of the Russian girls understand English. They may not be able to speak it but they understand when someone is talking to them. Yulia is the only on I think who does not understand yet and the only English I've ever seen her speak was at the arrival at CoC her "No :X:" lol.

That no (X) was the best thing ever!:laugh2: But it's so cool how they have time to learn another language with the small amount of time they have on their hands. If they don't learn other languages, they can't do interviews for other countries or talk to the spectators. They don't learn it for themselves, they learn other languages for us fans, which is very admirable...

Meoima

Match Penalty
:laugh2: I wonder why my best favorites are so terrible at English. Her NO at CoC was absolutely the best! :eek:: Call me a macho, I don't mind.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
^^dear, please upload CBC broadcast on somewhere, the more the merrier. please!

Well, it is my plan to eventually capture and store all of the Grand Prix footage of the past couple months from the CBC. Is there a large demand for the CBC broadcasts here? Obviously, the GPF is the most important -- any preferences on which segments you'd want to see most? For the GPF, I have 4 hours of CBC coverage including Ladies, Men, Pairs, and Ice Dance.

Selene

On the Ice
Well, it is my plan to eventually capture and store all of the Grand Prix footage of the past couple months from the CBC. Is there a large demand for the CBC broadcasts here? Obviously, the GPF is the most important -- any preferences on which segments you'd want to see most? For the GPF, I have 4 hours of CBC coverage including Ladies, Men, Pairs, and Ice Dance.

Ladies, pretty please.

I have been looking for the CBC coverage of the Grand Prix events on YouTube, but no one has posted the videos. If you could, I would very much appreciate it.

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I cannot decide, but as always, I guess ladies is the most popular one, but I wanna watch them all, :p Am I asking too much, Thanks so much in advance!:bow:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
when I watch that "Russian folk dance" program, i cannot help but think about Leonova, that level of acting. Maybe, Radio next season can handle some light comedy program (such as Javi's programs) that fully showcase her strengh in acting, I think she can pull it off and will become something unique for her.

Batsuchan

Medalist
Does anybody know if Elena is taking English lessons?
Recently she's commented her pictures on social media in English and is able to express herself impressively, very correct and eloquent! :clap:
I know that a year ago she didn't speak a word of English, like all (?) the Russian girls and I heard her mention the desire to learn it somewhere. ..
so does anybody know whether she takes lessons apart from Figure skating (which would be impressive)?

Here's an interview where Elena talked about learning English:
http://winter.sport-express.ru/figureskating/reviews/48805/

GoogleTranslate translation, with some best-guess edits by me (I don't speak Russian):
Q: I know that you are learning English. How's it going?

A: Quietly learning. I would like to speak freely abroad. I understand that in our world there is no English anywhere. I feel embarrassed when people ask something, and I can not answer.

[omitted the next two questions]

Q: Why this desire for eloquence?

A: I believe that all people should beautifully and accurately express their thoughts, and in this regard, girls must be perfect at everything. No "weeds"! Neither in Russian nor English.

Q: And the boys, then, can?

A: They must also be ... But you know how the world works. Girls must be beautiful in every way. Including in speech.

:laugh: She is truly wise beyond her years!

I liked Kurt's comment at the end of her CBC interview: "Holy cow, get her an agent, she's going to Hollywood!" :biggrin:

tinlizzie

Final Flight

Yes please! Especially ladies!

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
Due to the holidays and Russian Nationals this week, I probably won't get to upping the CBC footage until this weekend. I will try to have the ladies event completed by then (possibly more), at least that's the plan for now.