Elena Radionova | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Elena Radionova

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Anna (197.50 last year) and Elizaveta (192,65 last week) Anna is improving and Liza coming back. 200 are possible for both.

There is 3 spot only rule. I count off all other Russians - unless there are injuries the A team is Yulia, Adelina, Elena. Then looking at Gracie's Nebelhorn skate I think some miracle should happen for her to get back to her personal best form. Then there are Satoko and Polina. These two are the only ones who potentially could make a strong statement - at least Polina had more than 200 in some local event and Satoko had 131 FS yesterday. So Yun Park so far is just a promising young skater.

starlight97

Final Flight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DGK7OV5AD8

Her ex, interesting, her second costume looks beautiful on her.

OH MY !! :eek::love:
Where does she get those ideas from?? Last year zombie dance and now this!
She is so present on the ice and soooo emotional, she puts honest feelings in everything! Again, no matter if one likes this music etc or not, you can see that she FEELS this.
Like some very wise commentator once said about her:
"She seems only truly happy and alive when she's on the ice. Like she was made for this"
And the more I see of her the more I agree.

shine

Record Breaker
The exhibitions are terrible but the girl can skate to anything. She has the it factor in spades.
I thought last year's Zombie exhibition was quite brilliant in terms of choreogrpahy and her interpretation AMAZING considering her age. Together with her Frida LP (which was probably my fav program from last season of all the ones that I saw from all disciplines), it made me realize that she has so much artistic vision for someone so young. But this ex honestly is just weird without knowing the story behind it. It literally made me LOL. But despite all this, I was still moved by how expressiveness she is. If it was anyone else I probably would've been turned off, but Elena skates with such emotional honesty and abandon, and opens herself to the audience so completely that you just can't help but be moved by her courage and vulnerability. The only other skater who I've seen pour their heart and soul into a performance, become completely absorbed in the moment, and open themselves up to the audience like this is Stephane Lambiel, but even with him it wasn't until later on in his career when he started to mature into a real artist.

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched her Bodyguard EX last night. The movie came out in the early 90s (way before Elena was born, makes me feel so old) so it took me a while to recognize her costume and the first song. Maybe she's a big Whitney Houston fan, who knows? I would've preferred her just skating to "I will always love you" in that white angelic dress b/c that first costume was hideous.

Meoima

Match Penalty
I watched her Bodyguard EX last night. The movie came out in the early 90s (way before Elena was born, makes me feel so old) so it took me a while to recognize her costume and the first song. Maybe she's a big Whitney Houston fan, who knows? I would've preferred her just skating to "I will always love you" in that white angelic dress b/c that first costume was hideous.
I question the person who choreographed her ex. But anyways I don't care if the program is weird because I just loveeeeeeeeee her!

Mangomango

On the Ice
Agreed! Her jumps can be bigger and more graceful, I guess.
But for someone her age, her artistry and musicality is awesome!
She really PERFORMED out there.

I love Elena and her performance was great but she needs to work really hard in her posture and her landings, to try to land with more grace, she is only 15yo so she has time to work. And I love her attitude, she looks always to most happy on ice.

Seruleane

Final Flight
I thought last year's Zombie exhibition was quite brilliant in terms of choreogrpahy and her interpretation AMAZING considering her age. Together with her Frida LP (which was probably my fav program from last season of all the ones that I saw from all disciplines), it made me realize that she has so much artistic vision for someone so young. But this ex honestly is just weird without knowing the story behind it. It literally made me LOL. But despite all this, I was still moved by how expressiveness she is. If it was anyone else I probably would've been turned off, but Elena skates with such emotional honesty and abandon, and opens herself to the audience so completely that you just can't help but be moved by her courage and vulnerability. The only other skater who I've seen pour their heart and soul into a performance, become completely absorbed in the moment, and open themselves up to the audience like this is Stephane Lambiel, but even with him it wasn't until later on in his career when he started to mature into a real artist.

I felt the same way initially, but after watching it a few more times, it has grown on me! She is such a great performer, it was like watching a popstar skate :) - I mean that in a good way. I actually prefer this exhibition to her current LP, which I feel is not a great fit for her. The Rachmaninoff is gorgeous, but it seems to swallow her and I feel like she is constantly trying to catch up with the music instead of owning the performance. She should watch Michelle's performance. All in all, still a great job though.

papa

Match Penalty
Congrats!
Two far-from-her-best performances on foreign soil and she basically crushed the opponents! :yes:

You go girl!!! :agree: