Caroline Zhang | Golden Skate

Caroline Zhang

GS Forum Staff

Record Breaker
U.S. figure skater Caroline Zhao was born May 20, 1993, in Boston, Massachusetts. She is the 2010 and 2012 Four Continents bronze medalist, the 2007 World Junior Champion, the 2006–2007 Junior Grand Prix Final Champion, the 2009 U.S. bronze medalist, and the 2008 and 2012 U.S. pewter medalist.

Reginald

Match Penalty
From 2008 Nationals

"Her coach summarized their experience at nationals.
http://blog.sina.com.cn/limingzhublog

She said they communicated with the judges after SP and they told her the downgrade was a mistake. Somebody obviously pressed the 'wrong' button but there's nothing they could do to 'rescind' the decision. She was in tears at LP because Caroline Zhang was under tremedous pressure due to her miscues from SP. She was relieved that Caroline withstood the pressure.

They were originally planning to rest for one week since they didn't plan to go to Jr. Worlds. They were planning to improve her technique, preparing the SP and LP for next season. Now the plan has changed a bit since U.S. federation wants them to go to Jr. Worlds so they don't have time resting.

I hope she'll have a terrific time at Jr. Worlds, and embarrass those U.S. judges who gave her a hard time for whatever reason. My take is that those judges were holding grudge against Caroline because they didn't like the media hype and decided to seek revenge on her."

Interesting. So there is some kinky judging going on after all.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
It's good to hear that she is going to continue. This has got to have been a very disappointing season for her.

Reginald

Match Penalty
In all of history only two ladies have ever landed the triple loop-triple loop combination

Olympic Champion Tara Lipinski

...and Caroline Zhang

Vitalia

Match Penalty
You are brave, skating is difficult for ladies. It is very dangerous and skillful work. Being a lady to do such difficult work is sign of braveness.

Reginald

Match Penalty
Caroline kicks off her 2013-2014 season with the Glacier Falls Summer Classic this week.

Oh, Butterfly Lovers! How wonderful. Chen Lu skated to that music, though I don't know whether Caroline will use the same section or the same arrangement. I hope Caroline does splendidly this year.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just hope she has worked on her speed, spins and artistry overall... I don't want her to skate a clean program and receive a PCS lower than 55 with level 2 spins (that used to be her strength...)!!