Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for Junior Ladies

Custom Title

Predictions for Junior Ladies

Now, Russian Jr.Nationals are over and we've seen how skaters are doing. What is your prediction for 2013 Jr.Worlds(Ladies)?
    Last edited by vera01; 02-13-2013 at 11:15 AM.

Custom Title
    haha))Lena rules 3d gold in a row for Russia

Custom Title
    Next year, imo, is going to be more competitive with fenomenal american girl, Karen, going there this year is too predictable

Custom Title
    1.Elena Radionova
    2.Julia Lipnitskaia
    3.Courtney Hicks or Anna Pogorilaya
    4.Courtney Hicks or Anna Pogorilaya
    5.?

I don't know how Yasmin Siraj or Samantha Cesario would be doing at Jr.Worlds. I never saw their programs from Nationals and I don't know if they would've gotten same scores they received at Nationals at international competition. If US decided to send Hannah Miller and Angela Wang to Jr.Worlds(I think they deserved to go since they're young), it would've been easier to predict but except for top 3, it's very unpredictable.

Banned
    sending Cesario and Siraj over Hannah and Angela was wrong
    Hannah is more than capable of getting high pcs and she has been more stable all season

1 Julia Lipnitskaya - hope that was a fluke performance at junior nationals and was a result of lack of preparation coming off from her injury
    2 Elena Radionova
    3 Courtney Hicks or Satoko Miyahara

Custom Title
    Radinova should win.
    Lipnitskaya should be on the podium so long as she is recovered from her injury.
    The final podium spot will likely come down to Pogorilaya, Miyahara, Cesario, and Hicks. If I had to put my money on anyone though, I'd say Cesario or Pogorilaya.

Miserere Nobis
    1. Radionova
    2. Lipnitskaia (by a tiny margin)
    3. Cesario or Hicks

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Cesario's SP at US Nats 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM1fr--86c0
    Cesarios's LP at US Nats 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPoy2XEGtWQ

Siraj SP US Nats 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtUYy8gTVa0
    Siraj LP US Nats 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0Rsb6UXIn0

Courtney Hicks SP US Nats 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7FDeGyV_MM
    Courtney Hicks LP US Nats 2013
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk7VhedT2zk

I think they will not give the Russian junior ladies any problems to beat
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-03-2013 at 05:02 PM.

Custom Title
    I think Courtney will give the two Russians a lot of problem. She has huge jumps, correct technique. Her presentation isn't bad. She can definitely out TES all Russians at this event. As for PCS, if they judge them correctly, the Russian girls shouldn't get any higher PCS than Courtney. Samantha should smoke them all in PCS.

Custom Title
    If she skates like she did at Jr.Nationals, she's not going to get score over 165+ At Jr.Worlds. She got a +GOE for her 2A from SP, while Elena got a -GOE for her 3F. I think Julia's PCS was overscored, too.

Meanwhile, I still think that Elena is capable of getting a score around 190. Julia never scored more than 180 this season(except for Finlandia Trophy) even with ChSq which Elena did not have in her program because she's a junior. I don't think Julia would skate better than her CoC or TEB performances at Jr.Worlds.

I think Courtney has nice jumps and she should earn more GOEs for her jumps than Elena or Julia. She can go for the bronze. Satoko Miyahara never got a score more than 170, not including her recent performance at Japanese Nationals. I think she might place Top.5, but she is not going to be in the podium unless Russian girls makes few mistakes.

Custom Title
    Courtney has great jumps, but her presentation is pretty awful. She has terrible lines and really clunky overall skating.

Custom Title
    Wang might have had a chance if they had given her a spot on the team. Siraj has no chance to medal.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Meanwhile, I still think that Elena is capable of getting a score around 190. Julia never scored more than 180 this season(except for Finlandia Trophy) even with ChSq which Elena did not have in her program because she's a junior. I don't think Julia would skate better than her CoC or TEB performances at Jr.Worlds.
    Really? Why not? After her mistakes at CoC and TEB, followed by an injury that forced her to withdraw from the GPF, and then a poor showing at Russian Junior Nationals, I think she'll be more driven than ever.
    Last edited by ForeverFish; 02-03-2013 at 09:39 PM.

Custom Title
    I think Pogorilaya could surprise some people and come away with the bronze. She's been skating very well this season and is quite the little fierce competitor. She's usually pretty consistent with her jumps too, and her PCS are not bad at all, she was 3rd at JGPF where 5 of the 6 ladies all skated lights out in the FS, and she was only a point or two behind Hannah Miller in the total scores. She's my darkhorse for this event. I mean, with a few mistakes she beat Julia in the FS at Russian Junior Nats, so who knows, perhaps silver is not entirely out of the question either.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I think Courtney will give the two Russians a lot of problem. She has huge jumps, correct technique. Her presentation isn't bad. She can definitely out TES all Russians at this event. As for PCS, if they judge them correctly, the Russian girls shouldn't get any higher PCS than Courtney. Samantha should smoke them all in PCS.
    I'm not sure how Hicks could get higher TES than Lipnitskaya and especially Radionova. Did she ever get full credit for her triple-triple internationally? As for PCS, I think she should be behind not only Julia and Elena, but also Pogorilaya, other Americans, Miyahara and a Korean girl too, her lines and posture are terrible, IMO. The one who deserves high PCS is Siraj. As for Cesario, her only advantage is more mature skating, but it's Junior competition after all and I don't think she will be close to the leaders. And these girls never got even 110 for a clean LP while Julia got 117 for LP with mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    I think Pogorilaya could surprise some people and come away with the bronze. She's been skating very well this season and is quite the little fierce competitor. She's usually pretty consistent with her jumps too, and her PCS are not bad at all, she was 3rd at JGPF where 5 of the 6 ladies all skated lights out in the FS, and she was only a point or two behind Hannah Miller in the total scores. She's my darkhorse for this event. I mean, with a few mistakes she beat Julia in the FS at Russian Junior Nats, so who knows, perhaps silver is not entirely out of the question either.
    My guess is Julia and Elena for gold/silver and Miyahara for bronze if she gets her jumps ratified, if not - then Hicks. I think Anna has a good shot for bronze too, but she has to be perfectly clean, being Russian #3 isn't going to help her. But she is a good competitor, she really impressed me at the JGPF when she did unplanned 3Lz-3T after mistake on the 2A and at Junior Nationals when she did 3Lz-3T with the second lutz and didn't give a point away

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast