Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 58

Thread: Predictions for Junior Ladies

  1. #31
    Custom Title FSGMT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    2,784
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Cesario is my pick to win JR. worlds.

    Her PCS should put her in a comfortable lead.

    Oddly enough I don't see Radianova on the podium with her tiny jumps... especially when you have other skaters who are going to jump higher and skate faster.
    You're just joking, right? Radionova WILL win Junior Worlds, unless she bombs one of the programs (and she's been skating almost clean all season long)... I love Cesario's style and her programs this year but without a 3-3 there's no way for her to reach the top3 in the SP and with 6 triples in the FS her TES will be considerably lower than radionova's or Lipnitskaya's (they both plan 7 triples+two 2As), and especially considering that the judges usually don't give her really high PCS (even if she deserves it), she would be lucky if she came close to the top5...

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    ^^I tend to agree. The other ladies plan more content, you mentioned Radinova and Lipnitskaya, but there's also Pogorilaya (3lz-3t in SP and FS, 7 triples and two 2a total in FS) and Miyahara (same deal with jumps) to throw in the mix. Cesario could maybe medal but most likely it would be bronze and to do that it would probably take some mistakes from some of the favorites.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    438
    Where is my post about Siraj
    I made some comments about Siraj's US national skating (something like she improved a lot) two days ago, and the post was there right after. However, I don't see my post in this thread anymore.

    No matter how insignificant my comments are, I certainly do not want it just mysteriously disappear. Anyone knows why?

  4. #34
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,541
    dorispulaski's post and my post, both about Siraj, disappeared too.

    I think a lot of posts disappeared in the last two days because the board was undergoing an update during that time.

  5. #35
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,479
    Quote Originally Posted by hippomoomin View Post
    Where is my post about Siraj
    I made some comments about Siraj's US national skating (something like she improved a lot) two days ago, and the post was there right after. However, I don't see my post in this thread anymore.

    No matter how insignificant my comments are, I certainly do not want it just mysteriously disappear. Anyone knows why?
    Yes, that's correct. We did a server migration/upgrade, and the IT people doing it did not tell us when the actual migration was going on. The plan was to shut down the board during that time. They didn't, and about 12 hours of posts on Feb. 18th are lost.

    I lost a whole thread that I had posted, as well as posts about Siraj, and in some dance threads (no surprise there. I talk too much about dance). Also, all of AlexRus's live commentary on the Men's LP at the final Russian Cup event was lost.

    hippomoomin, I'm sorry your posts were lost too.

    Fortunately, this is something that has happened once in 13 years.

  6. #36
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Texas, United States
    Posts
    4,957
    Yasmin should do well if she lands her jumps. She only finished a few points behind Adelina a couple years ago at the JGP in Sheffield, and that was back when Adelina was very consistent and landing most everything. Even medaling isn't outside the realms of possibility for Yasmin honestly, she has great programs this season and she gets rewarded with good PCS when she hits the jumps.

  7. #37
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Cesario is my pick to win JR. worlds.

    Her PCS should put her in a comfortable lead.

    Oddly enough I don't see Radianova on the podium with her tiny jumps... especially when you have other skaters who are going to jump higher and skate faster.
    That's not how the judges will see that though.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    I did notice Radionova's 3lz-3t has gotten smaller and her jumps are still wobbly
    but wont stop the judges giving her higher PCS than Julia which is completely wrong

  9. #39
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    560
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I did notice Radionova's 3lz-3t has gotten smaller and her jumps are still wobbly
    but wont stop the judges giving her higher PCS than Julia which is completely wrong
    Really? Elena deserves higher PCS than Julia. Julia received 57 for her TEB FS, which isn't really a high PCS score. However, she is overscored considering she made mistakes at TEB. Elena, compared to Julia, is underscored. Julia kept receiving higher IN score than what Elena has been receiving at international competitions, which is really unfair to Elena, even if it's her first season as a junior skater.

    Julia is fast for a junior, and might earn high SS score but unfortunately, SS is not all about being fast.
    Last edited by vera01; 02-22-2013 at 05:01 AM.

  10. #40
    Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,003
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01
    Really? Elena deserves higher PCS than Julia. Julia received 57 for her TEB FS, which isn't really a high PCS score. However, she is overscored considering she made mistakes at TEB. Elena, compared to Julia, is underscored. Julia kept receiving higher IN score than what Elena has been receiving at international competitions, which is really unfair to Elena, even if it's her first season as a junior skater.

    Julia is fast for a junior, and might earn high SS score but unfortunately, SS is not all about being fast.

    Elena is far from perfect, as any other skater is too, but she has a very strong overall look that makes her special too me. She might be second to other ladies here in some categories, but none of these girls can beat her everything combined if Elena delivers.

  11. #41
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I did notice Radionova's 3lz-3t has gotten smaller and her jumps are still wobbly
    but wont stop the judges giving her higher PCS than Julia which is completely wrong
    Jumps have nothing to do with PCS.

    Lipnitskaia doesn't even pretend to respond to the music.

  12. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Jumps have nothing to do with PCS.

    Lipnitskaia doesn't even pretend to respond to the music.
    someone brought up Radionova's jumps and arent that superior either; they are tiny and wobbly
    and if you want unison in music then Sotskova would beat Radionova

  13. #43
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,768
    Since it seems going 1-2 by Russian girls solid as rock, my wish is a podium finish for Daleman, please! Love this girl. She can JUMP!

  14. #44
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    346
    1. Elena
    2. Julia
    3. Anna
    4. Samantha
    5. Satoko
    6. Courtney
    7. Haejin
    8. Rika
    9. Yasmin
    10. Ziquan
    11. Soyoun
    12. Gabrielle
    13. Alaine

    Half this list is wishful thinking...

  15. #45
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bucharest, Romania
    Posts
    1,613
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    someone brought up Radionova's jumps and arent that superior either; they are tiny and wobbly
    and if you want unison in music then Sotskova would beat Radionova
    Some of her jumps do look a bit wobbly on the landing, a bit out of control and they are not (yet) the most aesthetically pleasant jumps but they are big and power jumps. I bet her jumps will survive puberty and will get more stable and beautiful. She listens to the music and is nice to watch. I don't expect to see Kostner skating when I watch a 13 year old girl on the ice. If she has fun, I do and Radionova is fun to watch.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •