Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Predictions for Junior Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I think Courtney will give the two Russians a lot of problem. She has huge jumps, correct technique. Her presentation isn't bad. She can definitely out TES all Russians at this event. As for PCS, if they judge them correctly, the Russian girls shouldn't get any higher PCS than Courtney. Samantha should smoke them all in PCS.
    Are you serious? Or just trolling?
    There are 2 obvious contenders for silver and gold)) Samantha is not even close. I didn't want to write such harsh things but your "she'll smoke them" is just too//

Custom Title
    Consistency should be considered while choosing a team. And I think the most consistent choice would be Miller for Junior Worlds. She was second at JGP final recieving very well PCS and USFS should send her to Junior Worlds directly in my opinion. Cesario is 19 years old. I don't understand what this competition will do for her. Is it too cruel to think that, if she would be a star, she would already show herself at juniors and be a senior already? Also, Courtney's jumps are really good but I really can't find any other thing in her skating.

Banned
    yes mistake it was a mistake sending Cesario ( 19 years old already ) and Siraj ? like whay are they being sent , lol
    only Hicks has a shot to podium, Hannah would have a better chance than all these 3 girls mentioned

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The reason Siraj & Cesario have not had much (Siraj) or good (Cesario) international experience is that both have had a lot of injuries. USFSA is using the fact that Miller & Wang finished well behind Hicks, Cesario, and Siraj at US Senior Ladies' Nationals. Hicks nearly made the Senior team for 4CC's, and was active on the JGP this year, so I would send her, definitely.

Hicks 4th overall, 5th in the SP (59.72), 3rd in the LP (118.20), 177.92 overall.
    Siraj 6th overall, 6th in the SP(57.88), 5th in the LP (117.09), 175.07 overall.
    Cesario 8th overall, 7th in the SP(55.74), 6th in the LP (114.41), 170.15 overall
    Wang 9th overall, 9th in the SP(52.06) , 8th in the LP (112.70), 164.76 overall
    Miller 10th overall, 8th in the SP(54.47), 10th in the LP (110.21), 164.68 overall

However, if you're going to give Cesario a pass for a not great JGP season, and to give Hicks a pass for one bad event on the JGP, so that she did not make the JGPF, I think they should give Miller the third slot, because this is her first not so great competition of the year.

BTW, I find I dislike Siraj's style quite a bit. Her high scores leave me a bit
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-04-2013 at 11:11 AM.

Banned
    odd though they are sending results from the seniors ?
    and Polina E. is not being sent probably because she has no interntaional experience of gotten any TES minimum

I know they are extracting the last given opportunity for Cesario ?
    but Hicks, Miller and Wang would have been a better choice imo

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Cesario definitely has better, more mature presentation than any of the younger skaters. Not sure about her programs though.

I think Radionova will destroy the competition and win easily with a big gap between her and the second placed skater.

I predict Hicks, Miyahara and Pogorilaya to battle it out for the remaining two podium spots.

Given the shape Lipintskaya is in at the moment, I expect her to finish 4th.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Cesario definitely has better, more mature presentation than any of the younger skaters. Not sure about her programs though.

I think Radionova will destroy the competition and win easily with a big gap between her and the second placed skater.

I predict Hicks, Miyahara and Pogorilaya to battle it out for the remaining two podium spots.

Given the shape Lipintskaya is in at the moment, I expect her to finish 4th.
    What's wrong with Lipintskaya? Is she still injured?

Custom Title
    mine is
    1) julia lipintskaia
    2) elena radianova
    3) satoko

4 -6 will between, korea, china and u.sa. canada, depending on who germany sends, & anna
    Last edited by fairly4; 02-05-2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: change it

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    What's wrong with Lipintskaya? Is she still injured?
    She is just out of the concussion state..so you can say she is still not 100% ready for competitions. She looks not like herself. Not her top form right now

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    She is just out of the concussion state..so you can say she is still not 100% ready for competitions. She looks not like herself. Not her top form right now
    Also, she mentioned in an interview that she's already started to struggle a little because of the onset of puberty.

1. Radionova
    2. Lipnitskaia
    3. Hicks

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post

BTW, I find I dislike Siraj's style quite a bit. Her high scores leave me a bit
    I'm interested in hearing why you dislike Siraj's style so much She's a very lovely and musical skater, minus the questionable jump technique, IMO.

OTOH, I am not diggin' Cesario's seemingly "mature" skating so much. She has nice leg lines, but her presentation comes across rather pretentious to me, and doesn't feel like her own (which is actually a sign of an immature performer).
    Last edited by shine; 02-17-2013 at 08:34 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Siraj-

I hope to heck that her routines at US Nationals were her having problems skating, and were not an example of her skating as well as she could.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-17-2013 at 08:57 PM.

Custom Title
    2013 Nationals was the best I've ever seen Siraj skate. In the past, she's usually had a decent SP but tended to bomb her FS. She was 2nd as Junior at 2010 Nationals and as a Senior, she was 8th in 2011, 15th in 2012 and 6th in 2013. Her jumps are very tiny, that's true, but then so is Yasmin.

Custom Title
    Cesario is my pick to win JR. worlds.

Her PCS should put her in a comfortable lead.

Oddly enough I don't see Radianova on the podium with her tiny jumps... especially when you have other skaters who are going to jump higher and skate faster.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast