Challenge Cup 2013 (21-24 Feb)
Last edited by dorispulaski; 02-23-2013 at 02:58 PM.
The most relevant entries are:
One of the most awesome skaters ever and here is definite proof of that:
William Moriggi SP - 2012 Junior Nationals
William Moriggi FS - 2012 Junior Nationals
- Anita Madsen (incredible performances at Euros, two clean programs at Nordics! I hope she can build on her huge momentum)
- Clara Peters (always an awesome performer, hopefully she can get closer to reaching the Euros minimum scores here)
- Fleur Maxwell (I don't think anybody needs any explanation why she is awesome)
- Michelle Couwenberg (one of the most elegant skaters you will ever see)
- Anine Rabe (extraordinary spinner)
- Jorik Hendricx (lovely skater, first competition since being out with injury)
- Kevin Alves (he's quite voidy)
- Justus Strid (he's VERY VOIDY)
- Paul Bonifacio Parkinson (he will need to earn the FS minimum score here to go to Worlds)
- Javier Raya (interesting programs, great performer)
- Alexander Johnson (USFS gave him an international YES! beautiful, elegant skater)
- Camille Foucher/Mark Magyar (first competition for the Siudeks trained couple, she previously represented France with Bruno Massot she will compete against here)
Given there's only 8 teams entered, it is a real shame EVILLE Dutch Fed won't allow Klatka/Chruscinski and Lang/LeDuc to compete as well. :(
It looks like Jorik's little sister is competing in Novice Girls.
Last edited by Ziggy; 02-04-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Wicked Yankee Girl
I'm glad to hear Jorik is feeling ready to compete
And that Alexander Johnson got an international assignment. I hope he skates as beautifully as he did at US Nats.
I hadn't seen Moriggi before!
Ok, hands down
Originally Posted by Ziggy
Hehe sorry, I didn't mean to be mean just had to speak up for the lesser known skaters.
Originally Posted by figureskate
He's still very young and I think that he's only competed in Pre-Novice levels internationally.
Originally Posted by dorispulaski
He trains with Anna Rechnio and her partner Alexei Fedoseev (Russian skater who had a 3a and competed internationally) in Denmark. He's from Warsaw but once they have moved to Denmark, he went with them.
I am praying he stays healthy and gets a 2axel soon because with this kind of performance ability, he can get far.
Last edited by Ziggy; 02-04-2013 at 07:25 PM.
I'm looking forward to hearing how our New Senior pairs teams do at the Challenge Cup B/T, K/O, and L/L . I was amazed how good these teams were at nationals (all the ladies first Year in pairs) skating Senior! They all look fantastic and will be the future of Pairs in two years. I applaud USFS for recognizing these talented kids and getting them the international experience. Go USA!
Last edited by goldseal11; 02-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.
the Golden Era
some junior Entries Adian Pitkeev and Mara Stavitskaia
the Golden Era
sorry for the wrong post they are for European Youth Olympic Festival
Originally Posted by sky_fly20
The entry list has changed a lot. Quite a few entries have been deleted (e.g. Helgessons, Lafuente, Marchei, Hendrickx, Kozuka, Majorov, Mroz).
Ziggy, this is actually going to be the second competition for Foucher/Magyar. They competed at the Bavarian Open 2013 too.
Why is Kostner competing at Challenge Cup? There's less than one month left before senior Worlds officially starts.
I believe that the reason is that she wants to test her programs before worlds, probably adding some new jumps: in 2011, she went to the Gardena Spring trophy to introduce the flip again in both the programs, last year she wanted to test two flips in the FS (at the Challenge Cup), I think that now she wants to try the 3F+3T in the FS or at least to change the 3T in the second half into a 3F...
Originally Posted by vera01
Caro skated clean in the SP and scored 72.81 (http://schaatsen.nl/challenge-cup-2013/uitslagen)!
Looks like it was a very well skated event. A lot of clean or near clean strong performances.
Please God I hope she changed the costume! The first one she had was beautiful. I can't wait to see a video with the program. One more thing, I am amazing how consistent her 3Loop is today, I recall that after she went to Frank Carroll she started having problems with it(he changed the entry into the jump) but now she can land it like she used to in the SP, with 3 turns, and without them, like she does in the LP. Her 3L is one of the best in the world
Originally Posted by FSGMT
I would love to see her changing the 3T-3T with a 3F-3T because at worlds if by some miracle everyone hits, she will be behind at least Mao and Yuna in the SP and it's a shame because she has what it takes to compete technically with them(even beat them, she has all the jumps with correct edges)