Thread: Osmond ready for 4CCs

News Osmond ready for 4CCs

Kaetlyn Osmond of Canada will head to Osaka, Japan, this week where she will make her senior level ISU Championships debut at the Four Continents Figure Skating Championships.

More

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Thanks for the article about Kaetlyn!

Custom Title
    I'm happy to see that she is ready for 4CC 4CC would be really fun to watch with Kaetlyn, Mao, and Gracie!

Custom Title
    Good luck to Kaetlyn at 4CC's. Such a grounded young skater

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    She has a great attitude.

Custom Title
    I really like her skating and wish her the best for this competition and beyond.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    "...when I get to my starting position, I just take a breath and let myself fall into my music."
    I absolutely LOVE this quote.

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    I absolutely LOVE this quote.
    Part of the reason that makes her skating so great is her unpretentious joy and I think that partly comes from her going into competitions with no expections and just trying to skate her best. I really hope she's able to keep the joy as expections on her grow exponentially. Let's face it--it's inevitable. But I really hope she won't let that get to her and just be able to go out there and perform with her heart every time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    Part of the reason that makes her skating so great is her unpretentious joy and I think that partly comes from her going into competitions with no expections and just trying to skate her best. I really hope she's able to keep the joy as expections on her grow exponentially. Let's face it--it's inevitable. But I really hope she won't let that get to her and just be able to go out there and perform with her heart every time.
    I totally agree with this. The pure joy gives her that IT factor and makes her shine. I hope she can always keep this precious quality and get to the podiums for a long time.

Custom Title
    It is exciting because it will be the first time for Kaetlyn facing first-rate senior competition. I actually hope she finishes 2nd to Mao because I'm afraid if she wins the pressure and expectation to deliver at Worlds may be too much to handle. A runner-up finish would allow her to fly a little more under the radar.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    The pressure already is insane. Massive hype, everybody is talking about her, huge win at Canadians. So 4CC will be the first big test I guess. And I agree with drivingmissdaisy that placing second would probably be the best for her. It will be seen as a success but won't raise expectations to even more crazy levels.