Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Future of Russian Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    You really liked the way that Tutberidze was working with her? I don't think she did, otherwise she would have never left her. Someone reported that Tutberidze was really nasty to her, although Shelepen refused to talk about it on any public forum.
    But with Tutberidze Polina did all the jumps and two 3-3 in the LP even during grown spurts and puberty, had good levels of the non-jumping elements, improved her PCS (I think her last year LP was a big step forward for her), was healthy and fought for every element. With Sokolovskaya she can't jump anything, got injured and has a terrible season. And it's not even puberty, she came to Sokolovskaya pretty much grown up.

Back to the topic: I'm really impressed with Maria Sotskova and it's nice to see not only new talented skaters, but new coaches as well. Her coach doesn't have a big name yet, but Maria is a good all-around skater with great jumps, spins and interesting programs, I think she will do well at the JGP. As for Seraphima, she is just unique, I really really hope puberty won't hit her hard, this girl is exceptional. And I always had a soft spot for Evgenia Medvedeva
    Adelina and Liza are strong seniors now, next year Julia will join them I think. And then Elena... Such a pity there won't be enough spots for all of them, but on the other hand it means that the ones who makes it through Nationals will be the best of the best

Custom Title
    How do you know it is not even puberty? Polina is the same age as Adelina and Liza. Both Adelina and Liza struggled with puberty the last 1-2 seasons, so Shelepen could have had the same problems related to puberty. Also, she was injured most of this season, so it is unfair to compare her results from the season when she is injured to the results of the previous season when she was healthy. Even Makarova got benefit of doubt (and has been messing up for two seasons), so I would give Shelepen a chance for another season before writing her off.

Custom Title
    Few skaters in Russia are getting more federation support than gosviani at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Some Russian skaters had a nice senior debut, but some did not and it's not likely that we'll see them at Olympics&World Championships. Who will have best future, among these ladies who can compete at Sochi 2014 and/or Pyeongchang 2018?

-Adelina Sotnikova:She never qualified for senior Grand Prix Final, however, won silver medal at Euros and proved that she still can be competitive at senior competitions.
    -Elizaveta Tuktamysheva:Here jumps are one of the best when it comes to quality, but she is certainly not the best when it comes to artistry, or SS.
    -Polina K. Polina S.:They were good skaters when they were juniors, but it seems like they're having a hard time as a senior skater.
    -Julia Lipnitskaia:She has to face what Elizaveta and Adelina had to face last 2 seasons. But she is usually consistent and her spins usually receive level four.
    -Elena Radionova:She isn't eligible for Sochi 2014, and should be hoping to compete at Pyeongchang 2018. She is one of the all-around skaters with artistry, too.
    -Serafima Sakhanovich:She is calm for her age when she's skating, and definitely has artistry. Her jumps and spins might not be best, but she should be competitive as a senior since she'll be able to receive high PCS.
    -Maria Sotskova
    -Evgenia Medvedeva
    -Anna Pogorilya
    And Agafanova? She was JWCH medalist..What happened with her?

How do you know it is not even puberty? Polina is the same age as Adelina and Liza. Both Adelina and Liza struggled with puberty the last 1-2 seasons, so Shelepen could have had the same problems related to puberty. Also, she was injured most of this season, so it is unfair to compare her results from the season when she is injured to the results of the previous season when she was healthy. Even Makarova got benefit of doubt (and has been messing up for two seasons), so I would give Shelepen a chance for another season before writing her off.
    because Sokoloskaya is a terrible coach all of her students have ended their careers in injury, still remember Ovcharova and Deeva ? now faded into obscurity, Shelepen is done unless she makes drastic changes and change coaches, I think she will retire by next season

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Few skaters in Russia are getting more federation support than gosviani at this time.
    Gosviani never showed what she's capable of. It was a good surprise for everybody, revelation even)
    It's not about her coach and the support he is receiving...Just look at Julia - Tutberidze is a new coach, not influential And now Elena's coach..What I try to say is that the fed support doesn't come out of nowhere. You have to be good, not your coach.

You really liked the way that Tutberidze was working with her? I don't think she did, otherwise she would have never left her. Someone reported that Tutberidze was really nasty to her, although Shelepen refused to talk about it on any public forum.
    I always thought that she left Tutberidze because she wasn't getting as much attention as Julia was getting.

Reall? I didn't know it, that's sad... However, her jumps were good and she was improving her lutz a lot: this year, it went back, it's really a weak jump; she was landing clean 3-3s at every competition she attended, last year, but maybe it was just beacuse she didn't have the injury... However, if she didn't feel good training with Tutberidze, it has been good for her to change coach!

Custom Title
    It was posted either here or on the FSU at that time. I was curious about how much Shelepen would say about that but she has proved to be a very mature and decent young lady. Far beyond her age.

Custom Title
    I just remember Polina in her junior years, with Tutberidze, how fast she was growing and how her body was changing. She went from a tiny child to a grown up girl in two years and it didn't affect her jumps. And she didn't have any serious injury. I think the reason is that Tutberidze coached her from the very beginning and knew what was good for her. Polina didn't change much since she came to Sokolovskaya, but got injured almost right away. And I also think new coach destroyed her jumping technique, even before injury she wasn't able to jump anything. I know, Polina never had the purest jumps, but at least she landed and rotated them. I'm not writing her off or saying Sokolovskaya ia a terrible coach, but I really think changing coaches was a big mistake. I've heard Polina wanted to go to Vodorezova, but it didn't work out, so she ended in Sokolovskaya's group. It's a pity, I think she would be much better with Vodorezova, even though Adelina is in the group

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    because Sokoloskaya is a terrible coach all of her students have ended their careers in injury, still remember Ovcharova and Deeva ? now faded into obscurity, Shelepen is done unless she makes drastic changes and change coaches, I think she will retire by next season
    With any luck we'll see Ovcharova skate for Switzerland in Sochi

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowdive View Post
    With any luck we'll see Ovcharova skate for Switzerland in Sochi
    She was 2nd at Nationals and had a bit of a mess of a FS there, so there's a good chance she could make the Olympic team yes. Tina Sturzenberger is a good jumper but I think Anna could easily beat her if she's "on".

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
    I just remember Polina in her junior years, with Tutberidze, how fast she was growing and how her body was changing. She went from a tiny child to a grown up girl in two years and it didn't affect her jumps. And she didn't have any serious injury. I think the reason is that Tutberidze coached her from the very beginning and knew what was good for her. Polina didn't change much since she came to Sokolovskaya, but got injured almost right away. And I also think new coach destroyed her jumping technique, even before injury she wasn't able to jump anything. I know, Polina never had the purest jumps, but at least she landed and rotated them. I'm not writing her off or saying Sokolovskaya ia a terrible coach, but I really think changing coaches was a big mistake. I've heard Polina wanted to go to Vodorezova, but it didn't work out, so she ended in Sokolovskaya's group. It's a pity, I think she would be much better with Vodorezova, even though Adelina is in the group
    All of this basically. Honestly, I don't think coaches should treat their skaters poorly, so if Tutberidze was treating her poorly I don't fault Polina for wanting to switch. However, whether Tutberidze was being mean to her or not, I don't think it was the correct move for her career to switch as she was obviously doing well under Tutberidze. I don't think results are all that matter in life, but in terms of results and her actual career, I think it's pretty clear a mistake was made.

going to Sokolovskaya was the end of her career, Shelepen is done, she might announce retirement next season
    Polina K. can still compete for a few more seasons and see if she can bounce back

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    She was 2nd at Nationals and had a bit of a mess of a FS there, so there's a good chance she could make the Olympic team yes. Tina Sturzenberger is a good jumper but I think Anna could easily beat her if she's "on".
    It's Tina STÜRZINGER.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast