Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Future of Russian Ladies

Custom Title
    Makarova seems to be going to college in new york? Does it mean she is done?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    looks more like it.. a bit sad but this one was coming
    Leonova will probably be next

How do you know?

Also, who's the 3rd lady going to worlds?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    How do you know?

Also, who's the 3rd lady going to worlds?
    not yet determined, after Russian Cup Final these week

If that's true, it means that she would have to change find a new coach and begin training in a new environment in another continent... And, considering the fact that she would be in college, she would end up as the new Rachael Flatt I think...

Banned
    Makarova has no chance to ever make a major Russian team again. By none I mean 110% certainty. So she might as well start doing something new with her life while she is still young, and maybe do some competitive skating on the side but not make it a priority anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    If that's true, it means that she would have to change find a new coach and begin training in a new environment in another continent... And, considering the fact that she would be in college, she would end up as the new Rachael Flatt I think...
    Do you really think Ksensia is going to make another Russian team? I think its very wise for her to go onto college. And for those who feel sorry for her, I kind of have to say why? She got to go to the Olympics and several World Championships? Whats to feel sorry for.. The youngsters have been beating her at Nationals for years, and are now finally getting old enough. I feel far more sorry for many of them who are better than Ksensia but are going find far less opportunities.

If she want to continue skating, she'd be far better of going with another federation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    Do you really think Ksensia is going to make another Russian team? I think its very wise for her to go onto college. And for those who feel sorry for her, I kind of have to say why? She got to go to the Olympics and several World Championships? Whats to feel sorry for.. The youngsters have been beating her at Nationals for years, and are now finally getting old enough. I feel far more sorry for many of them who are better than Ksensia but are going find far less opportunities.

If she want to continue skating, she'd be far better of going with another federation.
    In fairness to her she did make it to the 2010 Olympics and 2010 Worlds by WINNING Russian Nationals that year, beating Leonova who was then their top skater, as well as all the current young ones who were obviously younger and earlier in their developmental point then. She fully earned her trips to the big events that year, and would have made it regardless of age rules.

Custom Title
    Well none of the baby ballerinas have been all that impressive compared to when Mao or Yuna came on the scene. In fact we can't even tell who is the top -Liza? Adeline or Jula (though not age eligible ti is hard to say who is no. 1. Sad about Leonova and Makarova who look llike they are left in oblivion. Never seen such a sorry state for a world silver medallist - not even a year later and Leonova's career seems over. None of these Russian girls ahve great style; i can't understand that. You think someone would be an artist or a huge personality skater but nope. I am not so sure they will hold on to three spots. They too have to face Yuna, Carolina and Mao then 2 more japanese ladies, 2 americans, Osmond, A chinese lady and Korpi. Huge challenge.

Banned
    Who cares how they compare to Kim or Asada. The only issue that matters for Makarova is the fact is they are light years better than Makarova is. There are atleast 6 Russian women age eligible for any and all events who Makarova is almost completely incapable of beating, and that number will rise as each year more become age eligible. There is no point in her continuing to try and make major teams for Russia atleast.

As for Leonova, if she is finished, it is because her own skating has fallen apart. This year especialy it would have been ridiculously easy for her to make the team along with Elizaveta and Adelina if she skated halfway decent at Nationals or any of her competitions, but she seems to have forgotten how to skate. In the future it will be alot harder for her even if she regains her form, but she made it alot harder by not continuing any of her momentum the last 2 seasons which is completely her own fault. Funny thing is even bombing completely she still finishes above Makarova at Nationals.
    Last edited by pangtongfan; 02-11-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Well none of the baby ballerinas have been all that impressive compared to when Mao or Yuna came on the scene. In fact we can't even tell who is the top -Liza? Adeline or Jula (though not age eligible ti is hard to say who is no. 1. Sad about Leonova and Makarova who look llike they are left in oblivion. Never seen such a sorry state for a world silver medallist - not even a year later and Leonova's career seems over. None of these Russian girls ahve great style; i can't understand that. You think someone would be an artist or a huge personality skater but nope. I am not so sure they will hold on to three spots. They too have to face Yuna, Carolina and Mao then 2 more japanese ladies, 2 americans, Osmond, A chinese lady and Korpi. Huge challenge.
    Leonova and Makarova are done

about the younger girls, well they are certainly not finished as you predicted t them, lol
    even your crowned Osmond isn't that much stable either

Banned
    Well none of the baby ballerinas have been all that impressive compared to when Mao or Yuna came on the scene.
    I cannot figure out what you are talking about. Think about the changes of skating rules because of what.

Custom Title
    Well none of the baby ballerinas have been all that impressive compared to when Mao or Yuna came on the scene. In fact we can't even tell who is the top -Liza? Adeline or Jula (though not age eligible ti is hard to say who is no. 1.
    Who care which of the youngsters is on the top? The important thing is that one is silver European medallist and one bronze European medallist in their first fully senior season. If that's not impressive, please take notice that neither Yu-Na nor Mao managed to win their first worlds either.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hanca View Post
    Who care which of the youngsters is on the top? The important thing is that one is silver European medallist and one bronze European medallist in their first fully senior season. If that's not impressive, please take notice that neither Yu-Na nor Mao managed to win their first worlds either.
    Besides we actually don't know that either Adelina or Liza WON'T win their first Worlds' - yet.

Note: I think it highly unlikely either of them will win, all I'm saying is that we don't know it for an actual fact until the competition has actually been held.

Custom Title
    Does anyone know what happened with Leonova and why she fell apart this season?

I agree it's the most stunning collapse of a World silver medalist since Chen Lu in 1997. Of course Leonova's silver was sort of a fluke last year, but still.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast