Yuzuru Hanyu's progress under Orser | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu's progress under Orser

Moment

Final Flight
I found his FS last season cringe-worthy. I enjoy him much more as a performer now, although I still don't find him particularly artistic.

Blades of Passion

Skating is Art, if you let it be
Record Breaker
Country
France
What do you mean when you say technicality? After all, this is a skater who had massive early season performance issues.

Backloading jumps in such a way that they maximize the technical score, without much regard for how the jumps should be used choreographically.

spikydurian

Medalist
:popcorn::popcorn::think:
The recent results indicate he is on winning streak and has even beaten Takahashi and Patrick. So yes, he has improved under Orser. I think he's the hot favourite to win Worlds in March.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
:popcorn::popcorn::think:
The recent results indicate he is on winning streak and has even beaten Takahashi and Patrick. So yes, he has improved under Orser.
That's funny. Results and wins don't mean "improve", especially under CoP. Someone used to win and get results and you know where he ended up in Nice (but still winning). There are others winners too (Evan, Sarah, Sale). And where are they now? On the top of polls on various forums "Who is the worst OC?" or somesuch. It's all about what future you want for the skater- to join the "Hall of Fame" for winning losers or for winning legends.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
In Cricket Club,yuzu began his off-ice training which he didn't do much when he was in sendai.in 10-11 season,he told reporter that his father helped me with physical fitness training.
when he was 15,he told the journalist he don't want to do off-ice training bcz he want to grow more inches.I find this web page which summarise the program:
http://off-ice-training.com/
Programs include:
* General strength
* Dynamic strength (power)
* Core strength (stabilization)
* Flexibility
* Quickness (speed & agility)
* Fitness/postural assesments
Mostly are strength and power training which require a lot of muscel exercise.Too much weight training can prevent teenage from growing taller.I think now is a good time to do the training.
I remember Orser told adam to do more off-ice training but adam didn't agree.
Odd. Cricket Club and Orser always go with capital letters. While yuzu, sendai and adam- not. Must be just a coincidence... :slink:

jjane45

On the Ice
Never had to use the ignore user feature on Golden Skate before, but I am glad it's there when I finally need it.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Why? He simply said he expects one to win over the other. They can't both win. Sure, he could have been diplomatic and said they'll go 1-2, but I don't think there's anything wrong in his comment as he's simply stating his opinion. If Orser says that Yu Na is likely to be the Sochi OGM, should Elene be offended or break things off with him, even if it's true?

Elene doesn't have a shot at the OGM...Both Javier and Hanyu DO.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I hadn't seen this season's LP until today, and I must say, if Hanyu has improved under Orser, I'm not seeing it. I certainly didn't get the sense that they've found a way to work around the stamina issues, and he seemed bored with his program. Or maybe it was just me finding it dull.

It should be noted, though, that Hanyu made so much progress in his final junior season and his first senior seasons that he's a lot closer to his ceiling now; there's only so much he can improve.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Waiting for the Daisuke Takahashi's regress under Morozov thread to pop up anytime now too . . . :yawn:

starryxskies

On the Ice
Yeah about the stamina, his body is moving but his facial expressions scream I'm tired. But he does have asthma and it's not gonna improve in just one year. This is something that needs to be observed over a long period of time. But I gotta say I didn't notice any of this in his Romeo and Juliet performance last year, so at least we can say he's regressed in hiding his stamina issues.

glam

On the Ice
Yeah about the stamina, his body is moving but his facial expressions scream I'm tired. But he does have asthma and it's not gonna improve in just one year. This is something that needs to be observed over a long period of time. But I gotta say I didn't notice any of this in his Romeo and Juliet performance last year, so at least we can say he's regressed in hiding his stamina issues.

I think it wasn't so noticeable because his exhausted and tired facial expressions suited well with the dramatic music and choreo.

pitterpatter

On the Ice
I think it wasn't so noticeable because his exhausted and tired facial expressions suited well with the dramatic music and choreo.

I sort of agree with this. He struggled in the second half of the LP all last season and had problems landing his final jump (last season it was the 3S, this season the 3Lz), but while he fought through the final step sequence in both programs, it actually sort of meshed with the overall theme of the R&J program.

ser22

On the Ice
After 4CC:

I think Hanyu mentally regressed under Orser. Orser did not care for the offload.

I think there is too much pressure on him.

Selene

On the Ice
I think he should go for two quad toe loops in his long program program, rather than a quad toe loop and a quad salchow. His quad toe loop is consistent and beautiful. But the quad salchow isn't a consistent jump for him and his performance at 4CCs seemed to suffer after he popped the jump.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
And if Hanyu never starts doing the 4S at some point, how is he going to get it consistent?

His 4S is quite consistent in practice it seems. And when he started jumping the 4T, it was inconsistent too.

Let the kid get a hold of that jump now. He will need it if he wants to be the top contender in the years after Sochi (which is very well possible at this point).