Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bavarian Open 2013 - Obertsdorf, 6-11.02

Custom Title
    From looking at the protocols that looks like a very good skate by S/K, it's a pity they didn't show that level at Euros. The levels could be improved one lift was level 2 and another a level 3. Impressvie by A/M, only together a short time and they are competing very well. I wonder is there any videos available on youtube

On the Ice
    Out of curiosity, how did Kuzmich/Hockley get sent to this event when they finished 14th out of 15 teams at Canadian nationals in January?
    Last edited by jolen; 02-21-2013 at 03:52 PM.

On the Ice
    Nm. I just found the answer. I will rephrase the question. How can a team skate at nationals and less than a month later be skating internationally for another country (and going to worlds)?

I guess Carol Lane and Scarborough are developing a history: Greece, US coming to canada to go to olympics, now two for Slovenia.
    Last edited by jolen; 02-21-2013 at 05:59 PM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, you wouldn't expect the US or Canada to hold on to the 14th place couple

So if someother country will take them, and they have the minimum TES for whatever event (Worlds), off they go to skate for some other country.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by jolen View Post
    Nm. I just found the answer. I will rephrase the question. How can a team skate at nationals and less than a month later be skating internationally for another country (and going to worlds)?
    Why not? Nationals aren't sanctioned by the ISU and competing there has no effect on your eligibility.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Why not? Nationals aren't sanctioned by the ISU and competing there has no effect on your eligibility.
    Oh, okay, thx. Is a federation release still required? I guess I am also surprised at how quickly that all happened. Nationals, release, competition application, competition.

Isn't it ironic that poor skaters have the opportunity to switch to other countries and yet skaters with accomplishments ( Khoklova, Samuelson, Crone) have to jump through hoops to try and continue skating.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    A release is only required if you represented one country at ISU-sanctioned international events and then want to represent another.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3