Kwan and Kim at the Special Olympics | Golden Skate

Kwan and Kim at the Special Olympics

Not sure if this belongs here or in its own thread, but here's Michelle currently in Korea for the Special Olympics: http://i623.photobucket.com/albums/tt315/ttyy0403/BCJyFdECcAAg6qk_zps751d59ea.jpg

She was spotted earlier rehearsing her program. She'll be performing in the closing ceremony along with Yuna. :)

Wonder how long her honeymoon was. It seemed too short now that she's already in Korea.

She's performing along with YuNa? Wonderful! I hope it gets put up on YouTube. Somewhere up there, Eunice Shriver must be smiling and applauding.

I think they are going to reprise their "Hero" duet. As in, all of the athletes in this competition are heroes. :)

Krislite

Medalist
I think they are going to reprise their "Hero" duet. As in, all of the athletes in this competition are heroes. :)

There's been no confirmation of this, so I'm not sure exactly what they're skating to. All we really know so far is that they're performing something at the closing ceremony.

clairecloutier

Final Flight
Thanks for posting! So great to see Michelle on the ice again. It makes me realize how much I've missed her, and will always miss her.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Thanks for posting! So great to see Michelle on the ice again. It makes me realize how much I've missed her, and will always miss her.

Totally agree. Seeing this video made my day! Michelle is amazing, she just got married, went to Switzerland for a week's
honeymoon, attended to her duties with the Special Olympics and skated in the closing ceremony. My questions is where the heck
did she find the time to rehearse. What a treat to see Yuna too.

Thanks for sharing all the links to the event, much appreciated!

I agree.

Thanks to everyone for the links. I love that starting pose too, and the end of the routine when they embrace. How great that these two inspire each other not just as skaters but as citizens of the world, generous with their time and efforts to do good.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Thanks for that! Great to see Michelle on ice again and so soon after her honeymoon. Her Charlotte spiral is perfection! It's actually better now than back when she was competing...

Great to see Yu-Na giving her time to this cause too, especially with worlds right around the corner. Their performance was very nice but I really want to see Yu-Na ditch the OTB tights. Everyone else is and I think the classic white boots would make her feet (her worse feature) look so much better...

Kudos to these amazing ladies! True champion's heart is something they share among many other things:agree:

babyalligator

On the Ice
Thank you so much for posting the video of them skating!

Seeing Michelle on the ice again made me so happy.
I do wish the camera showed a bit more of her. I know the Korean audience is focused more on Yuna, but still, we get to see so little of Michelle nowadays. Seeing her skate is like spotting a rare beautiful bird in the middle of the depths of the Amazon. lol

szidon

On the Ice
Kim said she and Kwan already performed 'Hero' in 2010, but it was her dedication to Kwan who was her Hero.

However, yesterday she and Kwan skated for everyone involved in the Special Olympics since they were all heroes. Amazing!

MK's Winter

Record Breaker
What a great performance! I have missed Michelle:) she looked beautiful and skates likes she's never skipped a beat(still has the best falling leaf in the business ) and she can Gangam pretty darn good too!

What fun to see the two of them skate. They both seem so happy to be there. What a connection they both make with the audience.

A delight from beginning to end.