Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Russian team for Jr Worlds

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    I don't even like him but after all of these posts by sky_fly20, I really hope he wins. :P

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    of course the junior men is the weakest and with Kolyada in, the hope of securing a 3rd spot for next season is almost gone
    something Petrov would have done placed higher, Samarin will probably be in Top 5 with Kolyada somewhere in 13-17th place like Dmitriev Jr. last season
    Kolyada scored 227 at Junior Nationals...last year Han Yan set a world record score for a JWC when he got 222+. I know RN has inflation, but, if he's capable of putting up that kind of score, even at a domestic competition, he will likely do well at JW, top 10 at least, maybe top 5 or a medal, winning is not out of the question.

Banned
    Kolyada's pcs at FS at nationals was 77+, no way will he score a 200+,
    Dmitriev Jr. scored 200+ at least years nationals but had a meltdown and embarassing finish of 14th place

Custom Title
    Dmitriev Jr. didn't skate well at JW last year and that's why he didn't place well - he made a bunch of mistakes. I'm not saying Kolyada should expect to place well if he makes lots of mistakes, just that if he skated to his abilities, he has a got shot at placing in the top 5 or top 10.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2