Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Practice reports?)

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    OMG! When she was a jumping bean, she couldn't do 3F-3Lo and 2A-3T cleanly together. I'm afraid this is too ambitious. Kudo to her, though. This is insane. A great program + incredible TES = history.
    Actually her 2A-3T is more reliable now than it was when she was a junior (even if it's still prone to UR, it's still better than before). And she has the 3S back(not consistent but she landed it 3 out of 5 this season). I know her jumps deteriorated a lot but since I am nervous about her layout I try to focus on the positive aspects. It is a very, very ambitious jump layout. But IF she hits, imagine the score that would make things much more interesting at worlds and probably Kostner will have to bring back her gorgeous 3F-3T back which she landed beautifully in practice at Euros. And maybe that's gonna stop the criticism both Caro and Mao received lately

Custom Title
    Her jump component is Incredible.
    overall level of the ladies’ skating has been standardized downward, finally, its starting to go up
    Ashley Wagner declared she will get 3-3...
    kostner will get 3f-3t or 3lz-3t...

i cannot wait for 2013 worlds
    Last edited by venlac; 02-08-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Custom Title
    Here is a video of mao practicing in what appears to be her new lp costume with.... feathers
    Anyway she does some nice triple axels, including one in her runthrough in the feathery dress and a ur 3f/3lo
    the axels look good though

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed3g-PWJSSs

Custom Title
    Thank you! the axel looks good indeed! maybe the last one was slightly UR but it was a really good try! the first one was perfect! I attended all the practices in Nice last year and IMO sh looks way way bettet here! she seems to have more elevation in her axel!
    The loop in the combo is not fully rotated however! don't think it's >> but likely a >

Thanks for the link! Ahhhh, I loved her previous dress so much, this one seems to be more Tarasova-like. Her axels and 3-3 look great though!

feathers?! I think that both the 3A and the 3-3 looked good, especially the axel, the combo was surely UR, but I don't think <<, I just hope that she lands a clean axel in one of the programs, it would be the first time in two years! Go Mao!

Custom Title
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3WNLhlYZY4

I read somewhere that the success on the 3A was not so good: 5 out of 14. This makes me think she rushes things and she's not ready. Anyway, fingers crossed she'll nail it in the competition!

Ambitious jump layout for Mao! Awesome attempt and much respect to her for even trying it!

Her swan dress is just no.

Custom Title
    Thank God Kim and these younger Ladies Like the Russian girls and Gracie are making Mao and Kostner have to start pushing themselves again and not doing Junior technical content. The last couple of years watching the Ladies dumb down their jumps was getting ridiculous.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Thank God Kim and these younger Ladies Like the Russian girls and Gracie are making Mao and Kostner have to start pushing themselves again and not doing Junior technical content. The last couple of years watching the Ladies dumb down their jumps was getting ridiculous.
    Even if Kim and the young Russians were there the past couple of years, I don't know if you would see Mao and Carolina doing harder jumps. Mao was rebooting. Caro was dealing with injury. It's not like they deliberately watered down content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha'sSpins View Post
    Ambitious jump layout for Mao! Awesome attempt and much respect to her for even trying it!

Her swan dress is just no.
    ITA. I liked her original costume better, but I don't like it as much as Ashley's and Samantha's black swan costumes.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    It will be interesting to see if she goes for everything. If Mao can hit the 3-3 and 3A she will be nearly impossible to beat when you add her PCS and other TES elements (spins, spirals, etc.).

I HATE the new dress though. All of the feathers...ew. It's too literal for a swan...her first dress was perfection. I wish she'd stuck with it.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I like the new dress, dont know why, when she jumps it looks cool But I liked the old too.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post

I read somewhere that the success on the 3A was not so good: 5 out of 14. This makes me think she rushes things and she's not ready. Anyway, fingers crossed she'll nail it in the competition!
    Thanks for the link! that 3/3 looks better than the others, and the second 3a they showed was really clean, go mao!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post

So nice to see Yukari Nakano again!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast