OR

3T
3A
3F-3L

3Lz
3S
3L-2L-2L
3F-2L

She said she will try the Axel and the 3-3, so will most likely skip her 2A-3T.

The first Loop could be replaced by a 3T since the set-up is very similar.

(I left out the << signs after the jumps this time :laugh: )
Yes, that's possible, too, but I don't expect it, since Mao isn't really comfortable with the toeloop...

hurrah

Medalist
Yes, that's possible, too, but I don't expect it, since Mao isn't really comfortable with the toeloop...

I kind of doubt Mao's giving up her 2axel-3toeloop, now that she's getting good GOEs. It's a keeper.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
According to fsu, Mao's layout is 3Lo, 3A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz, 2A-3T, 3S, 3F-2Lo-2Lo. This is absolutely crazy and she probably will have some problems with the jumps but the prospect of landing them at some point is exciting! It's good she kept her 3Loop as an opening jump. This should quiet some critics IMO. She really tries to regain her old form. I'm not sure she's gonna make it but trying it proves once again she has the heart of a champion.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
According to fsu, Mao's layout is 3Lo, 3A, 3F-3Lo, 3Lz, 2A-3T, 3S, 3F-2Lo-2Lo. This is absolutely crazy and she probably will have some problems with the jumps but the prospect of landing them at some point is exciting! It's good she kept her 3Loop as an opening jump. This should quiet some critics IMO. She really tries to regain her old form. I'm not sure she's gonna make it but trying it proves once again she has the heart of a champion.

OMG! When she was a jumping bean, she couldn't do 3F-3Lo and 2A-3T cleanly together. I'm afraid this is too ambitious. Kudo to her, though. This is insane. A great program + incredible TES = history.

SXTN

Final Flight

Apart from the opening triple Loop, every other jump element makes me nervous.

The 2A-3T replaces the Salchow (in her old layout), interesting how much choreo she will skip for the set-up

Mirunna

Record Breaker
OMG! When she was a jumping bean, she couldn't do 3F-3Lo and 2A-3T cleanly together. I'm afraid this is too ambitious. Kudo to her, though. This is insane. A great program + incredible TES = history.

Actually her 2A-3T is more reliable now than it was when she was a junior (even if it's still prone to UR, it's still better than before). And she has the 3S back(not consistent but she landed it 3 out of 5 this season). I know her jumps deteriorated a lot but since I am nervous about her layout I try to focus on the positive aspects. It is a very, very ambitious jump layout. But IF she hits, imagine the score :love: that would make things much more interesting at worlds and probably Kostner will have to bring back her gorgeous 3F-3T back which she landed beautifully in practice at Euros. And maybe that's gonna stop the criticism both Caro and Mao received lately

venlac

On the Ice
Her jump component is Incredible. :eek:
overall level of the ladies’ skating has been standardized downward, finally, its starting to go up
Ashley Wagner declared she will get 3-3...
kostner will get 3f-3t or 3lz-3t...

i cannot wait for 2013 worlds :clap:

Last edited:

Tanja90

On the Ice
Thank you! the axel looks good indeed! maybe the last one was slightly UR but it was a really good try! the first one was perfect! I attended all the practices in Nice last year and IMO sh looks way way bettet here! she seems to have more elevation in her axel!
The loop in the combo is not fully rotated however! don't think it's >> but likely a >

Cherryy

On the Ice
Thanks for the link! Ahhhh, I loved her previous dress so much, this one seems to be more Tarasova-like. Her axels and 3-3 look great though! :yay:

FSGMT

Record Breaker
feathers?! :bang: I think that both the 3A and the 3-3 looked good, especially the axel, the combo was surely UR, but I don't think <<, I just hope that she lands a clean axel in one of the programs, it would be the first time in two years! Go Mao!

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Ambitious jump layout for Mao! Awesome attempt and much respect to her for even trying it!

Her swan dress is just no. :disapp:

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank God Kim and these younger Ladies Like the Russian girls and Gracie are making Mao and Kostner have to start pushing themselves again and not doing Junior technical content. The last couple of years watching the Ladies dumb down their jumps was getting ridiculous.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Thank God Kim and these younger Ladies Like the Russian girls and Gracie are making Mao and Kostner have to start pushing themselves again and not doing Junior technical content. The last couple of years watching the Ladies dumb down their jumps was getting ridiculous.

Even if Kim and the young Russians were there the past couple of years, I don't know if you would see Mao and Carolina doing harder jumps. Mao was rebooting. Caro was dealing with injury. It's not like they deliberately watered down content.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Ambitious jump layout for Mao! Awesome attempt and much respect to her for even trying it!

Her swan dress is just no. :disapp:

ITA. I liked her original costume better, but I don't like it as much as Ashley's and Samantha's black swan costumes.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
It will be interesting to see if she goes for everything. If Mao can hit the 3-3 and 3A she will be nearly impossible to beat when you add her PCS and other TES elements (spins, spirals, etc.).

I HATE the new dress though. All of the feathers...ew. It's too literal for a swan...her first dress was perfection. I wish she'd stuck with it.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I like the new dress, dont know why, when she jumps it looks cool :cool: But I liked the old too.