Rate this dress | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Rate this dress

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Now, these are real torture heels... http://www.twirlit.com/2012/10/10/reverse-high-heels-foot-torture-or-scary-beautiful-video/

My max heel height has been 3 inches, which I wore when working in the city. Sneakers for the walk from Grand Central to office. Heels in the office, lunch and client sites. Sneakers back to train station. WHen i moved to NJ, I went down to to 2" heels. Since tearing my ACL, I wear flats - and it is hard to find comfortable flats IMHO. The soles can be too thin.

Those torture heels are unbelievable!

Scrufflet

Final Flight
True flats can be very uncomfortable. I walk on concrete all the time, and the soles of ballet flats don't do it for me. They don't absorb any shock. Also, there's no arch. I have some flats with a strap across the instep and a rubber sole, and they're ideal when I can't wear sneakers. I notice that Naturalizer and Aerosoles both make flats with a bit more substance; I'll have to try them at some point. Usually I manage pretty well at Payless. When I want glamorous shoes, I play with my fashion dolls. They have any number of pairs of heels, including some with lucite platforms. Better them than me.

I've had to do othotics for years. New Balance is good. I couldn't find boots for years that would fit my particular circumstances but have just found Dr. Comfort ones! Excitement! They are on line at drcomfort.com. In Canada, we have a chain, Walking On A Cloud. I think they are in U.S. as well. I haven't been able to do normal shoes in years but I hate them anyway. I resort to Mary Janes for fancier events and bejewel myself up top so much so that nobody is interested in looking at my feet!

That's my approach also, Scrufflet. I was so thrilled when dressy flats came back into style. And the fact that mary janes are now available in stores, and acceptable for more formal occasions, is just splendid to me. (It was either that or patent leather sneakers.) Sometimes the world does go our way. I don't know Dr. Comfort or the store chain you mention, but I'll try to hunt them up. As I say, around here they have Aerosoles, Easy Spirit, and I think Naturalizer, and I think they're pretty good.

Last edited:

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That's my approach also, Scrufflet. I was so thrilled when dressy flats came back into style. And the fact that Mary Janes are now available in stores, and acceptable for more formal occasions, is just splendid to me. (It was either that or patent leather sneakers.) Sometimes the world does go our way. I don't know Dr. Comfort or the store chain you mention, but I'll try to hunt them up. As I say, around here they have Aerosoles, Easy Spirit, and I think Naturalizer, and I think they're pretty good.

Yay for dressy flats and adult Mary Janes (with some arch support in both)!