Rate this dress | Golden Skate

Rate this dress

Holy cannoli, it's transparent! There's barely anything to rate.

Nowhere near the YuNa Olympic short program dress, in other words.

Nice Star of David pendant, though.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
What, you didnt mention the sweaty armpits??????
Chris the fashion challanged
Holy cannoli, it's transparent! There's barely anything to rate.

Nowhere near the YuNa Olympic short program dress, in other words.

Nice Star of David pendant, though.

evangeline

Record Breaker
To be fair to Oksana, she was probably photographed with those professional-grade cameras with super-bright flashbulbs.

I suspect that the dress was sufficiently opaque when viewed with the naked eye in person.

To be fair to Oksana, she was probably photographed with those professional-grade cameras with super-bright flashbulbs.

I suspect that the dress was sufficiently opaque when viewed with the naked eye in person.

Oh, golly, I never thought of that. Mercifully, I'm not familiar with such cameras.

Now that you make that point, I am reminded of that early picture of Princess Diana when she was still a nursery school teacher, and they got her to stand with her back to the sun. Her perfectly modest long full skirt became just about translucent, with her silhouette showing through.

I do remember them. One of those old-fashioned items that should never have gone out of style. This is the kind of thing that used to be sold in Woolworth's, a lost treasure that is also much lamented.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Or the old fashioned slip would have do. Not sure why women today are so adverse to wearing them.

meem

On the Ice
We might not have seen the sweat stains if Oksana hadn't posed in that ridiculous way (what is it with stars/celebs/regular folks posing with one hand on the hip?) How does Oksana support herself these days anyway?

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Or the old fashioned slip would have do. Not sure why women today are so adverse to wearing them.

Finding a lightweight slip (not body shapers, etc.) is a challenge today. This week I went to 5 (!) stores before I found one that I needed for my shorter dresses/skirts (that still need one - lots of my newest dresses/skirts have built in slips). Thank goodness that Vanity Fair still makes them!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Man, I think it MUST be easier to be a man than a woman!
Finding a lightweight slip (not body shapers, etc.) is a challenge today. This week I went to 5 (!) stores before I found one that I needed for my shorter dresses/skirts (that still need one - lots of my newest dresses/skirts have built in slips). Thank goodness that Vanity Fair still makes them!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:rofl:

I went to Marshalls, Burlington Coat Factory, Dress Barn (all in one shopping center). No luck. Then I went to one of our local malls that has Macy's Victoria's Secret, & Sears. I just wanted a simple half-slip, and the salesperson @ Sears directed me to them (a relatively small selection compared to the selection of body shapers). I got exactly what I wanted, and didn't have to pay through the nose for it.

That said, Oksana definitely needs a full (lightweight) slip to cover that hot mess!

I found a bunch of half slips of different lengths, including for longer skirts, at a K-Mart a few years ago. Thank goodness! And they were inexpensive.

I feel bad about Oksana. I don't think she's ever really picked herself up after her long slide downward. I look at people like Slutskaya and Kwan and Kerrigan, and I wish for Oksana that she could find that kind of stability. I know that I read somewhere that she reconnected with her father's family, who I think are Jewish, hence her star of David pendant. I just looked her up on Wiki and saw that she collected a sizable amount of money from one lawsuit; I wonder what happened to the money and why it isn't enough to meet her needs.

Last edited:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Man, I think it MUST be easier to be a man than a woman!

IT IS! Shoes have to be the absolute worst! Every year fashion dictates ankle-breaking high heels. And styles also seem to be completely sexualized or babyish (or both at the same time which is reaLLY HORRIBLE). And does anyone make comfortable bras anymore?

IT IS! Shoes have to be the absolute worst! Every year fashion dictates ankle-breaking high heels. And styles also seem to be completely sexualized or babyish (or both at the same time which is reaLLY HORRIBLE). And does anyone make comfortable bras anymore?

I was in an area with stores today, and I saw some shoes I simply couldn't believe. Not only were they unrealistically high off the ground, but they were exceedingly ugly: solid platforms without any division between the heel and the sole. Someone must really hate women to be designing these instruments of torture. A friend of mine calls them hooves. They had no grace at all. I'd be terrified I'd fall.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
My highest heel is possibly no more than 2 inches. Most of my shoes have lower heels than that. I :love: the ballet flats look. No stilettos/platform shoes for me. Comfort first!

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
YOU GO! Ladies! Don't let marketing forces brain wash you and cripple you. Fashion does magically change year after year....it is changed as a way to separate women from their money.
Chris who isnt a slave to fashion. (But Do these jeans make my butt look big?)LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.....
My highest heel is possibly no more than 2 inches. Most of my shoes have lower heels than that. I :love: the ballet flats look. No stilettos/platform shoes for me. Comfort first!

heyang

Record Breaker
Now, these are real torture heels... http://www.twirlit.com/2012/10/10/reverse-high-heels-foot-torture-or-scary-beautiful-video/

My max heel height has been 3 inches, which I wore when working in the city. Sneakers for the walk from Grand Central to office. Heels in the office, lunch and client sites. Sneakers back to train station. WHen i moved to NJ, I went down to to 2" heels. Since tearing my ACL, I wear flats - and it is hard to find comfortable flats IMHO. The soles can be too thin.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Oksana's dress is a bit risqué to say the least (like her recent legal battles) but you can't deny she is in fabulous shape.

Now, these are real torture heels... http://www.twirlit.com/2012/10/10/reverse-high-heels-foot-torture-or-scary-beautiful-video/

My max heel height has been 3 inches, which I wore when working in the city. Sneakers for the walk from Grand Central to office. Heels in the office, lunch and client sites. Sneakers back to train station. WHen i moved to NJ, I went down to to 2" heels. Since tearing my ACL, I wear flats - and it is hard to find comfortable flats IMHO. The soles can be too thin.

True flats can be very uncomfortable. I walk on concrete all the time, and the soles of ballet flats don't do it for me. They don't absorb any shock. Also, there's no arch. I have some flats with a strap across the instep and a rubber sole, and they're ideal when I can't wear sneakers. I notice that Naturalizer and Aerosoles both make flats with a bit more substance; I'll have to try them at some point. Usually I manage pretty well at Payless. When I want glamorous shoes, I play with my fashion dolls. They have any number of pairs of heels, including some with lucite platforms. Better them than me.