The Sochi Winter Games: One Year To Go | Golden Skate

The Sochi Winter Games: One Year To Go

venlac

On the Ice
http://www.nbcolympics.com/
It's too early to know for sure which athletes will compete in Sochi, but some key names to watch are Lindsey Vonn (United States, Alpine skiing), Shaun White (United States, snowboarding), Yuna Kim (South Korea, figure skating) and Yevgeny Plushenko (Russia, figure skating).

Linsey Vonn broke her leg Tuesday at the world championships. I think the surgery was today. I hope her recovery goes smoothly.

glam

On the Ice
LOL, key names indeed. Both Vonn and Plushenko are currently injured and there is no sureness if they will be able to compete in Sotchi at all.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
My son Ken sent me the video of Vonn rupturing her ACL and breaking a bone as well. It was heart-rending, perhaps even more so, because 3 days ago Ken ruptured his ACL and is trying to figure out which of the 3 surgical options will be best for him. Sports people, like Vonn, usually pick the patellar option. Aaron Rogers, the QB, did.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
My son Ken sent me the video of Vonn rupturing her ACL and breaking a bone as well. It was heart-rending, perhaps even more so, because 3 days ago Ken ruptured his ACL and is trying to figure out which of the 3 surgical options will be best for him. Sports people, like Vonn, usually pick the patellar option. Aaron Rogers, the QB, did.

Yikes! Sorry to hear about your son. Hope for a speedy recovery.