Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC Men-Short Program

Rinkside
    Yuzuru got home advantage. Han Yan is much better. He is def future in men's skating.

Yay for Donbush! Hope he brings his talent back in LP, too.

Sorry for Dai, but his new SP isn't fresh at all.

Can't wait to see LP tomorrow
    Last edited by dyu; 02-08-2013 at 09:51 AM.

Custom Title
    I really liked Martinzez and Dornbush's programs. I don't see Hanyu's SS being better than Tak so I am surprised how high his pcs are BUT that being said the Tak was way overmarked. I wonder how Chan would have done. Aaron looks a bit ho hum in this field = without the big tricks he is rather well "flat". Too bad about Ross; he'll come back. I do see a marked improvement in canada's Reynolds. We should not judge appearance but there is something offsetting about his hair still and his costume colors could work better but I do see huge improvements artistically and program wise. He definitely could challenge the American men.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Han Yan is the future but he's definitely not better than Hanyu at the moment.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dyu
    Yuzuru got home advantage. Han Yan is much better.
    I wished pepole would add why they think like that and how scores should have been in their eyes.

Yan is definitly not "much better" than Hanyu. Hanyu easily has the better spins, a better Axel (because of that amazing counter), and his Quad still tops Yan's too. Even moreso than that, Yan doesn't have the CH, TR, PE and especially IN (some of that will come with time, I'm not too sure for the interpretation though). I've no idea how this might look in the future, but for now, Hanyu is definitly the better skater, even with a popped Lutz.

And about that "he's the future"-thing - Yan is 15 months younger than Hanyu. I'm not seeing at all how Yan will so surely surpass Hanyu to be the future of men's skating
    Last edited by Li'Kitsu; 02-08-2013 at 10:03 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Can those who saw Kevin Reynolds tell me if he actually has become a mid-7s skater? Because for the life of me I cannot imagine a skate where he'd be only 3.5 points shy of Takahashi's PCS.
    I think Kevin has improved greatly this year. In fact, he is perhaps underrated and cannot completely escape his past reputation.

By the time Sochi rolls around, I think we are going to see quite an upheaval in the men's field, with all this abundant talent ready to blossom and give the current favorites a run for the money.
    Last edited by Icey; 02-08-2013 at 10:12 AM.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    I think Kevin has improved greatly this year. In fact, he is perhaps underrated and cannot completely escape his past reputation.
    He should be getting something like 4.75 for SS max.

Thanks for the videos, Kutien!

I think Kevin got an "audience-standing-ovation" bonus As it should be (for the presentation at least) I like watching him a lot. His hair, his style etc, it's his own, not trying to fit in with what judges or others want from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutien View Post
    Thanks Kutien for all videos.

Custom Title
    Great to see Richard finally put a somewhat-decent performance. Go get them in the FP kiddo!

Takahashi should really be lower, however that was a lovely sp. I know he fell blah blah blah ... but that was still a beautiful performance.

Now for the bad...

Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit creepy how underweight Hanyu looks? I just can't get over it. There's no way that is normal. There is no way! I really hope it's just me...

OMG! US Guys !! 9th & 10th place! USFSA must be peeing their pants as we speak.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Max falls on his 3A. And I believe Richard is not going to worlds, is he? Imagine the frustration if he ends the competition in front of Ross and Max
    If Richard is the top American here, he might get added as the 1st alternate for Worlds. Abbott turned down being an alternate for Worlds to let his back heal and work on the quad, and Rippon is injured, meaning Farris is now the only alternate left, and he's already going to Jr. Worlds so I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky becomes the new first alternate after 4CC (not that it's likely to mean anything in terms of actually going to Worlds).

Custom Title
    Richard could easily bomb at World. I think this SP is more of a fluke than what he can do "normally"
    I still put my money on the other two.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    He should be getting something like 4.75 for SS max.
    In all his intentional events this year his ss have ranged from 6.82 to 6.89, so the ss score here, 7.54, is not a huge leap.
    Last edited by Icey; 02-08-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    If Richard is the top American here, he might get added as the 1st alternate for Worlds.
    Let us wait FS and final results. All may change.

Remember, at Nationals Aaron had FS score more than 24 points higher than Dornbush.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks it's a bit creepy how underweight Hanyu looks? I just can't get over it. There's no way that is normal. There is no way! I really hope it's just me...
    People all over the world have different physiques. He's not unhealthy, he's just one of those people with small frames and high metabolism, that have difficulty in putting on muscles. He'll fill out a bit as he gets older.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    In all his intentional events this year his ss have ranged from 6.82 to 6.89, so the ss score here, 7.54, is not a huge leap.
    So he has. But given how his basics still look, I can't see how you can say he's undermarked.

I think the 7s for CH and IN are ok. But for SS and PE no way. Transitions-wise, I don't think that program was particularly strong either but I can't fully recall it now.

We need to start a SAVE KEVIN! campaign. Because it's been obvious for a number of years now that McLeod is not even trying to fix any of his issues. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dots View Post
    That's how all skaters should look, ideally.

Perfect build for skating and you can see he's in top shape. Lean, dense muscle and not an ounce of body fat.
    Last edited by Ziggy; 02-08-2013 at 10:43 AM.

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast