2013 4CC Men-Short Program | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Men-Short Program

Orange Cat

On the Ice
My stream froze for nearly all of Nan Song's skate! :scowl:

I am so, so sad that it froze, because it sounds like he nailed his program! My Chinese feels are sad that they cannot indulge in this

Country
Russia
As for me, Dornbush looks much better than Aaron.
Regardless to miskakes of any of them.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
shows when Dornbush is on, he scores the highest American other than named Abbott
If he can hold it together bronze is not out of reach

Agreed. If Richard skates clean only Abbott will get a higher score. He really should be the US number 2 right now but he hasn't been consistent.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Malaguena by Ernesto Lecuona

4T+3T - stepout, hand down
3A
CCoSp
3Lz - ok, hung on
CCSp
StSq
FSSp

Art&Sport

Medalist
shows when Dornbush is on, he scores the highest American other than named Abbott

Yeah but that's the thing of it. Richard has been a bit subpar at comps later in the season. Now he must be feeling better when it's too late to make the World team.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agreed. If Richard skates clean only Abbott will get a higher score. He really should be the US number 2 right now but he hasn't been consistent.

he blew it at Nationals, he at in the bag
he is still inconsistent like most us men atm

Art&Sport

Medalist
he blew it at Nationals, he at in the bag
he is still inconsistent like most us men atm

Yah, but Ross has been the most consistent technically, as a matter of fact over the past few years. It's just the quad he needs to stick when the pressure's on because that's also very recently a fairly consistent jump for Ross otherwise. Another thing that unfortunately hurts U.S. guys is the freaking depth in their country because their momentum is lost from year to year due to it being so hard to get out of Nationals when everyone is so talented. At least two guys have got to step up and say, "This is mine! I'm going to Worlds every year and establish myself as a dominant force internationally!"

But the stupid USFS have already decided their Worlds team before waiting to see how the skaters perform at 4CC. As usual. :rolleye:

hybfc

Rinkside
LOL... can you explain the "the freaking depth"?

Yah, but Ross has been the most consistent technically, as a matter of fact over the past few years. It's just the quad he needs to stick when the pressure's on because that's also very recently a fairly consistent jump for Ross otherwise. Another thing that unfortunately hurts U.S. guys is the freaking depth in their country because their momentum is lost from year to year due to it being so hard to get out of Nationals when everyone is so talented. At least two guys have got to step up and say, "This is mine! I'm going to Worlds every year and establish myself as a dominant force internationally!"

Art&Sport

Medalist
But the stupid USFS have already decided their Worlds team before waiting to see how the skaters perform at 4CC. As usual. :rolleye:

But eh, so what? Doesn't mean whoever they pick is going to lay it down similarly at Worlds as at 4CC. It's just that state of affairs right now. Someone has got to step above the crowd of U.S. guys and say, "This is mine!" And then try to become a dominant force internationally.

Art&Sport

Medalist
LOL... can you explain the "the freaking depth"?

Go ahead and laugh. There is depth in the U.S. -- crazy depth, even if you don't think so. Lots of countries would be happy having any of our 1 - 10. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :biggrin:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Denis TEN (KAZ)

Music: The Artist (soundtrack)

3A
3F+3T - stepout, 3T UR on replay
FSSp
CCSp
3Lz
StSq
CCoSp

Good energy throughout

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go ahead and laugh. There is depth in the U.S. -- crazy depth, even if you don't think so. Lots of countries would be happy having any of our 1 - 10. Put that in your pipe and smoke it! :biggrin:

Exactly. Only Japan has as much depth the difference being their top skaters are more consistent and at the top right now. The US sure has a heck of a lot more depth then say Canada where it's Chan and everyone else.

apple123

On the Ice
Let's be honest here, Richie is a bit overscored, 83+ for a touchdown on 3a and the ugly spins? Song should be in the lead IMHO.