Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC Men-Short Program

Banned
    China's future no doubt with Zijun Li
    well done Yan

Custom Title
    Way high on component score for Yan. He's a great jumper but he doesn't have everything yet. Judges are blinded by the jumps, apparently.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I m watching final group! yey

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Wow!

85.08 for Yan. China has some great promise in men with both Song and Yan...

Custom Title
    Yes its' true if you have big jumps and speed your PCS scores will go up. Just a fact of skating.

Banned
    Yan should be sent to Worlds !

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Mishe GE (UZB)

Music: Farrucas

3A - twofoot, looked UR
    3F+3T - tight landing, perhaps UR on 3T
    3Lz
    CCSp
    FSSp
    CCoSp
    StSq - good energy

Tripping on the Podium
    kozuka, oda, maybe machida, who can easily over take american champion, are all not qualified for the competition. That is called freaking depth.
    I agree that lots of countries would be happy having your skaters, maybe more than 95% of the countries in the world. Unfornately that does not include japan, canada, russia, france, china...

Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Go ahead and laugh. There is depth in the U.S. -- crazy depth, even if you don't think so. Lots of countries would be happy having any of our 1 - 10. Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Well tell me if I'm wrong (and I'm sure someone will! LOL!), but hasn't Ricky tended to get the highest scores out of all the current Americans not named Abbott when he skates (relatively) cleanly?

And what may be holding the American men back is that no one American has a complete package--and by the I don't just mean athletics and artistry, but also consistency and the ability to control their nerves in pressure cooker situations.
    You haven't said anything that hasn't already been said. What you seem to be missing is the fact that guys from countries who can go to Worlds year after year, are able to establish themselves internationally without having to battle so hard to get there year after year, which in fact allows them to develop consistency and "control their nerves in pressure cooker situations."

Who you think lacks complete package is your opinion. U.S. skaters (a few Canadian men and a couple of Britishers) invented "the complete package." And that's a fact.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 02-08-2013 at 07:26 AM.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Mishe Ge, love him!He is an entertainer!

Custom Title
    Haha, I loved Misha's bow when he saw his marks! He's such a performer
    Last edited by Orange Cat; 02-08-2013 at 07:29 AM.

Custom Title
    WOW, Yan Han has the jumps and great skating skills!! I can see a world champion in him.

Custom Title
    Kevin lands 2 quads but I am not sure his 4T was rotated and the 3A was a bit iffy. Still, very ambitious program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hybfc View Post
    kozuka, oda, maybe machida, who can easily over take american champion, are all not qualified for the competition. That is called freaking depth.
    I agree that lots of countries would be happy having your skaters, maybe more than 95% of the countries in the world. Unfornately that does not include japan, canada, russia, france, china...
    Your kidding right? Russia won't let Plushenko retire because they don't have anyone else Canada has Chan and virtually no one else and France has nobody after Amodio and Joubert. That's called depth?

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast