Takahashi has new SP for 4CC's | Golden Skate

Takahashi has new SP for 4CC's

kiri433

Rinkside
Can't wait to see his new SP!!!:yay:

I've been hearing lots of pros and cons about his SP costume among Japanese fans. I'm curious what people here at GS think. I personally like it, although I can't tell for sure until I see him skate his program in it.:) I will be beautiful anyways!!

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
In some of the video, he's clean-shaven, and in some he's not. I'm unsure which is more current, but I think the beard and 'stache work for him.

Very dashing.

Icey

Record Breaker
Awfully close to worlds to be changing programs, but this looks good on him. Why get Morozov to choreograph if he feels he must de-Morosov?

Oh, I hope this works out!

By the way, could a mod go in and correct the spelling of Takahashi's name in the title of the thread?

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Awfully close to worlds to be changing programs, but this looks good on him. Why get Morozov to choreograph if he feels he must de-Morosov?

Brand and politics...something lacks in his last choreographer.

Oh... and i just want to add Asian men + facial hair.. I totally love and approve!!! Love Dai unkempt! Totally swoon worthy! :eek::

Can Hanyu get some facial hair please? It works better to mature him than another seedy music program attempt to force him grow up.

Last edited:

LRK

Record Breaker
So he's trying to eat his cake and keep it too, then?

I'm looking forward to seeing the new short - though I'll confess that I'm probably one of the few people who actually enjoyed his "old" SP - I thought it was Fun. But I suppose it's better to go for Soulful than Fun. ;)

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can Hanyu get some facial hair please? It works better to mature him than another seedy music program attempt to force him grow up.

There are other ways...

Nothing quite says, "Boy in a Man's World" like toting around a Winnie the Pooh tissue box. (Or whatever that thing is)

deedee1

Record Breaker
Why is he working with him in the first place then?

Why get Morozov to choreograph if he feels he must de-Morosov?

Idk. I am not Takahashi. ;)
But Nikolai is a very good strategic coach, I think, considering Amodio has been the Euro Champ+medalist for the last three seasons, and Miki the two-time World Champ.

Watching so-so debut of his new SP at 4CC, I was surprised that he actually got Lv4 on StSqeven though helost the balance a couple of times. In his old Stroll SP, he was doing such energy-consuming, exhausting and forever-lasting StSq, but seldom got Lv4 the whole season. Whether we like it or not (me is included 'not' group, btw), Morozov is not that bad as a choreographer when it comes to how to construct 'competitive' programs decent enough for points after all. ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaLGFeVxgIA

Now it's all up to Takahashi himself whether this SP is going to be another masterpiece by the amaging Dai or another zzzz program from Mr. NM next month. Goo, Dai! :yay:

starryxskies

On the Ice
But Nikolai is a very good strategic coach, I think, considering Amodio has been the Euro Champ+medalist for the last three seasons, and Miki the two-time World Champ.

Watching so-so debut of his new SP at 4CC, I was surprised that he actually got Lv4 on StSqeven though helost the balance a couple of times. In his old Stroll SP, he was doing such energy-consuming, exhausting and forever-lasting StSq, but seldom got Lv4 the whole season. Whether we like it or not (me is included 'not' group, btw), Morozov is not that bad as a choreographer when it comes to how to construct 'competitive' programs decent enough for points after all. ;)

Now it's all up to Takahashi himself whether this SP is going to be another masterpiece by the amaging Dai or another zzzz program from Mr. NM next month. Goo, Dai! :yay:

Great points and I do agree with you. I do believe Nikolai will also bring in the politicking needed for Sochi next season since he is Russian blood after all. We all see how hard work alone doesn't get you the gold re: Nice 2012

Does a well-known choreographer also give skaters reputation points?

I don't know what to say yet, because I'm still recovering from Dai's 4CC debacle. It's encouraging that he got a Level 4 on something in SP. I will remain hopeful for Worlds.