Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Davis/Ladwig end partnership

Custom Title
    Rockne is engaged to Stefania Berton! Just read about it on IceNetwork.

Custom Title
    Lindsay Davis' last partner before Ladwig was Themi Leftheris in the 2010-2011 season; after they finished 7th at Nationals, they split. Lindsay was 18 at the time, Themi 27. IIRC, Themi retired after that season.

Previously, she skated with Alex Merritt in the 2008-2009 season; she was 15 and he 22. They won Pacific Sectionals but split after placing 12th at Nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Lindsay Davis' last partner before Ladwig was Themi Leftheris in the 2010-2011 season; after they finished 7th at Nationals, they split. Lindsay was 18 at the time, Themi 27. IIRC, Themi retired after that season.

Previously, she skated with Alex Merritt in the 2008-2009 season; she was 15 and he 22. They won Pacific Sectionals but split after placing 12th at Nationals.
    So she's got a record of only staying with partners for one year, although it's not like that's unusual in US pairs skating.

Custom Title
    In both of her previous partnerships, both men were much older with lots more experience. They may have been looking for instant success and when they didn't get it, they bailed. It is very common in US Pairs skating for the men to look elsewhere because they can more easily find new partners, while the girl is the one left behind. It doesn't seem fair to blame the splits on Davis, especially considering her age at the time in both cases.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by blue_idealist View Post
    Third time could be the charm for Rockne.

I actually think this would be Rockne's fifth partner, Mariel Miller, Keauna McLaughlin, Mary Beth Marley, and I think he had one partner before Mariel but not positive. However that being said most of the pair guys have had several partnerships.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    In both of her previous partnerships, both men were much older with lots more experience. They may have been looking for instant success and when they didn't get it, they bailed. It is very common in US Pairs skating for the men to look elsewhere because they can more easily find new partners, while the girl is the one left behind. It doesn't seem fair to blame the splits on Davis, especially considering her age at the time in both cases.
    That's true. Mark was also much older with more experience.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar

Ladwig becoming an ice dancer??? (see Mar 8 tweets)

??? Is Ladwig becoming an ice dancer? Based on his tweets below, inquiring minds ...

@LadwigMark
    Watch out @USFigureSkating passed my juvenile & intermediate freeskates today! Thank you Ciara Myers for partnering with me.
    9:55 AM - Mar 8, 2013

@TarahKayne
    @LadwigMark @usfigureskating I think he might mean dances.
    10:20 AM - Mar 8, 2013

@LadwigMark
    "@TarahKayne: @LadwigMark @usfigureskating I think he might mean dances. " Yes. Setting up has left me loopy!
    10:34 AM - Mar 8, 2013

ETA:
    "Ladwig is exploring various options," said the Feb 7 press release re the end of Davis/Ladwig's partnership. It did not say that he was retiring, so maybe ice dance is one of the options?

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    ??? Is Ladwig becoming an ice dancer? Based on his tweets below, inquiring minds ...

@LadwigMark
    Watch out @USFigureSkating passed my juvenile & intermediate freeskates today! Thank you Ciara Myers for partnering with me.
    9:55 AM - Mar 8, 2013

@TarahKayne
    @LadwigMark @usfigureskating I think he might mean dances.
    10:20 AM - Mar 8, 2013

@LadwigMark
    "@TarahKayne: @LadwigMark @usfigureskating I think he might mean dances. " Yes. Setting up has left me loopy!
    10:34 AM - Mar 8, 2013
    Maybe he's going to be coaching and wanted to see what the tests were like?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3