ice coverage

Record Breaker
More good news for ice dance today. :)

@PechalatBourzat
Retour sur Glace après 4 semaines ! En forme et super motivé ! Fabian
3:14 PM - 7 Feb 13​

dcnative

On the Ice
Wonderful!!!!! I can't wait to see them. Somehow they seem to come back super strong after having been off the ice because of injury.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Now the question is whether their training mates Weaver and poje will also be back and where will the judges put these teams.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Yay! Best news of the week ;) for me!! :yay::party: Thanks a million, golden!!! :)

blancanieves

On the Ice
Now the question is whether their training mates Weaver and poje will also be back and where will the judges put these teams.

Last year when Nathalie broke her nose, they waited until the very last moment to announce that they'd be competing. I suspect it'll be the same way this time with W/P. Wishing them all the best.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Last year when Nathalie broke her nose, they waited until the very last moment to announce that they'd be competing. I suspect it'll be the same way this time with W/P. Wishing them all the best.
But Natalie didn't have to stay off-ice for some months, it was a last-minute injury, for Kaetlyn is almost impossible to reach Worlds now, I think...

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
For a minute there I wondered whether something happened to Osmond? :eek: ( Kaitlyn is Weaver's name)

herios

Medalist
I monitored Nathalie and Fabian's FB page and a few days before they announced their return onto the ice, they were already training off ice.
That is IMO good news, that he was already testing his groins recovery through the lifts, because usually they can train the lifts off ice as well.
And because this is ice dance where jumps are not happening, I think if he can do stroking and lifts they will be able to recover in a few weeks comes worlds.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Pechalat stays productive while Bourzat heals up
Ice dancer served as French team captain at Europeans, earned internship credits

By Jean-Christophe Berlot, special to icenetwork.com
(02/20/2013)
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130219&content_id=41792098&vkey=ice_news

No quotes from Bourzat, but lots from Pechalat (incl. plenty about her individual activities while he was recovering).

Excerpts:

"We were sad, disappointed and frustrated, of course," Péchalat conceded, as the team was quite eager to attempt to win its third European title in three years.

Bourzat did not need any surgery to repair the muscle.

"What happened was that one of his three adductor muscles detached from the bone and went down about one inch," Péchalat detailed. "So now the only thing to do is to be patient and exercise, to stretch that muscle again and seal it to the remaining two."

Now the team is back on the ice in Detroit and practicing for the 2013 World Championships.

"It's going rather well," Péchalat said. "We have not lost anything in terms of quality or technique. Physically, though, we need to practice hard to be in top form for worlds in three weeks. We, however, need to go step by step, as Fabian needs to be careful of how intense and how long he practices. He can skate about one hour and a half every day, just the time to review everything. We also exercise physically for about another hour and a half every day, through stretching, and specific muscle and cardio work. Fabian listens to his body very carefully, and we all adapt to his own rhythm."

Last edited:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
golden411, thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear that Fabian is being careful. Better to miss Worlds than Olympics next year, but better yet, go to Worlds & skate well! :love:

Big Deal

Final Flight
Yes, but of course they have almost no chance to win an Oly medal if they skip this World. Even with that would be difficult to imagine not to have any Russian couples on the podium in Sochi....

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Medal or no medal at worlds; P and B are being chased by the Italians, at least two Russians as well as USA 2 and Canada 2. By next year I suspect W and P or the Italians and or Russiasn 1 and 2 - someone will upset P and B for Oly bronze.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Medal or no medal at worlds; P and B are being chased by the Italians, at least two Russians as well as USA 2 and Canada 2. By next year I suspect W and P or the Italians and or Russiasn 1 and 2 - someone will upset P and B for Oly bronze.

People said that after they lost the bronze medal at 2011 Worlds. And after their "pitty" medal at 2012 Worlds. And yet this season they continued to beat everyone except D/W and V/M. And the scores both the russians and italiens posted at Euros are very beatable by the French IMO