2013 4CC's Ice Dance SD | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC's Ice Dance SD

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
And they're behind V/M. Woah... they must've lost some levels...

Art&Sport

Medalist
No, I totally disagree that Meryl and Charlie should be behind Tessa and Scott who were slightly over-scored and Meryl and Charlie very underscored.

Whitneyskates

On the Ice
I got a strange feeling that D/W's season is about to take the same turn it took last season, and I really hope I'm wrong about that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
No, I totally disagree that Meryl and Charlie should be behind Tessa and Scott who were slightly over-scored and Meryl and Charlie very underscored.

I didn't get to see V/M so I can't comment on that. Why do you think they were overscored? FWIW Meryl and Charlie still beat them in PCS....so I really think it came down to a lost level somewhere.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
D/W beat V/M on PCS, which means the judges still think highly of them. V/M used to beat them on PCS and GOE in the past, now, it's probably just GOE.
The other not so surprising result is C/B beating S/S in both TES and PCS. C/B established themselves as US #2, probably until D/W retire, then they will be US #1.
Look how long it took the likes to B/S and I/K and C/L to crack 65. C/B did in a short time together. They will be on the W podium soon. Probably will surpass one of the Russian and C/L next year.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I got a strange feeling that D/W's season is about to take the same turn it took last season, and I really hope I'm wrong about that.

I was thinking about the same thing. But I watched the protocol and it seems D/W had low GOE for their standard on the not touching steps which probably means it wasn't as sharp as usual(mostly 1 and some 2 but no 3) while V/M not only got a level 4 but also huge GOE on steps. Not to mention D/W got higher PCS

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Chock and Bates are perhaps either the luckiest team in the world or I am missing something. Good but I could still see how the Shibs could be ahead of them. It's like after nats and all of a sudden they are superstars forget B and K, C and L or I and K. heck goodbye W and P its like someone just said no matter what bow down to C and b. I just don't get it. I am not a big fan of the SD of V and M but I would have had them higher than D and w. I think actually the TES are about right but pcs should have gone to V and M; Charlie and Meryl will be favoured in the long I think unless V and m got their levels fixed and lifts.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well interestingly enough D/W won in the pattern dance -- D/W got level 4 on both and V/M got level 4 and level 3. But Davis and White got docked down to level 3 in the no-touch step sequence while V/M got level 4. That led to a .50 difference in BV in favor of V/M

V/M also won GOE by a hair: 6.50 for them, 6.36 for D/W.

D/W won PCS by .20. D/W won in skating skills, transitions, choreography. V/M won in performance and interpretation/timing.

C/B won due to the strength of their levels--They got level 4/3 on their pattern and level 4 on two other elmements.

Shibs got a level 2 in pattern dance, ouch! They got the same level as C/B on everything else. Still that polka pattern cost them one point in BV versus C/B. C/B gained some extra traction on GOE 4.29 vs 3.57.

In PCS, C/B + Shibs were tied in skating skills, Shibs won in linking footwork, C/B won in everything else.

G/P did good on the pattern only to get a level 2 in the step sequence. They will likely stay in the top 5 here.

Interesting to compare the Reeds and O/W. O/W beat the Reeds at NHK previously. The Reeds won on levels...their BV is 3.50 points higher. But O/W got more GOE (2.79 vs 1.29 for the Reeds). O/W also won in PCS.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Oh, there's definite improvement in Tessa's and Scott's SD -- had to be since they're competing against Meryl's and Charlie's great execution of their gorgeous SD all season. I just think Tessa and Scott were over-scored for their program. Not much separates these two teams.

There did seem to be something going on when M&C came off the ice and Marina was talking to Charlie. Still, with this great program, M&C, IMO deserved a bit higher overall, but not by much. I think 75+ is way high for what Tessa and Scott did. When two top teams are this close in ability, a lot of times it's a tough call. I think Meryl and Charlie have the better programs this year and Tessa and Scott have been tweaking a lot to catch up. Last year was total politics that M&C didn't win Worlds.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Reed's TES is 28.79. Does that mean they can't go to worlds???
Or, did they clear min. tech score of 29 at somewhre else already?

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think D and W like last year were better but V and M really have closed the gap. I think D and W have the better programme in SD but V and M have the better FD. I still find D and W have not really grown as artists but you don't get bonuses or deductons for that.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Reed's TES is 28.79. Does that mean they can't go to worlds???
Or, did they clear min. tech score of 29 at somewhre else already?

No they got 29.64 at NRW Trophy! So they can go to Worlds.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
D/W beat V/M on PCS, which means the judges still think highly of them. V/M used to beat them on PCS and GOE in the past, now, it's probably just GOE.
The other not so surprising result is C/B beating S/S in both TES and PCS. C/B established themselves as US #2, probably until D/W retire, then they will be US #1.
Look how long it took the likes to B/S and I/K and C/L to crack 65. C/B did in a short time together. They will be on the W podium soon. Probably will surpass one of the Russian and C/L next year.

:rolleye: So I guess the Worlds bronze medal the Shibs got in their DEBUT senior season doesn't count for anything? And they scored 66+ in the SD at that particular competition, so, in essence the Shibs took less time to get to 65+ than C/B.

And they got 65+ last season at GPF.

And they're not that far from 65 this season. Less than 2 points.

ETA: On a more serious note, I do feel that for whatever reason the Shibs do seem undertrained this year. They are doing well enough this season, but I still don't think they're at 100 percent. They did a much better job here then they've had all season, so I hope they can build on that for Worlds.

Last edited: