Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC's Ice Dance SD

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by noidont View Post
    Shibs' SD is just absurd. How is that polka in any conceivable way?
    Wow I thought it was only me but I had my mother- a ballroom dancer check the tempo of their selected polka piece and she said the tempo is to slow for a polka but it seems somewhat across the board for the top couples it is seen as pushing the boundaries to use non traditional music, ignoring tempo and timing, the same attempt for lower ranked couples it pushing up daisies.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 75.12 Short Dance
    2. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 74.68 Short Dance
    3. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 65.44
    4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 63.26
    5. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 60.20
    6. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 53.97
    7. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 53.70
    8. Danielle OBRIEN & Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 48.81
    9. Emi HIRAI & Marien DE LA ASUNCION (JPN) - 44.72 Short Dance
    10. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 43.32
    11. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 43.17
    12. Bryna OI & Taiyo MIZUTANI (JPN) - 33.90 Short Dance
    13. Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO & Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO (MEX) - 33.37

Complete Short Program: Part 1, Part 2
    Thank you once again for your amazing resourcefulness

Custom Title
    Just saw both V/M and D/W's programs. I don't see where is the problem with D/W in second. Charlie messed up the non touching step sequence. The +2 they got on that element was absurd. V/M should actually be even higher. I would take D/W's program any day but today V/M were better.

Custom Title
    woo... some kind soul uploaded the british eurosport of virtue/moir sd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hEceynWwE

Custom Title
    Hey, the Australians did ok! Are there no videos of their SD yet?

Tessa and Scott!! I'm SO happy that they did it!
    Maeryl and Charlie: good job, but he did a mistake in the StSq, so their placement it's absolutely correct, they even received a higher PCS than V/M!
    I'm a bit sad for Maia and Alex, but I can't really get that SD, even if it improved a lot since the beginning of the season...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Possum Glider View Post
    Wow I thought it was only me but I had my mother- a ballroom dancer check the tempo of their selected polka piece and she said the tempo is to slow for a polka but it seems somewhat across the board for the top couples it is seen as pushing the boundaries to use non traditional music, ignoring tempo and timing, the same attempt for lower ranked couples it pushing up daisies.
    This is the problem I have with the Shibs SD, especially the use of non traditional music for a polka that really makes it hard for judges to recognize that it is supposed to be a polka. You can use non traditional music for other some other specific dances and I can appreciate them wanting to go "out of the box" but this was not the program to do it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    woo... some kind soul uploaded the british eurosport of virtue/moir sd

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1hEceynWwE
    The opening comment is the kind of personal assessment I don't think proper for a commentator.

Did Alex forget to pack his costume?

Custom Title
    "So here they are - apart from Torvill and Dean, maybe the finest dancers I have seen"

Still, a lovely sentiment, something you'd expect from Tracy Wilson, so pretty cool coming from B. Eurosport - which one was it?

Custom Title
    I am a bit confused I thought this year V and M have had problems with both programs but moreso with the short and the lifts in the FD. I do think Carmen is more of a stretch than D and W but with that risk I would suggest means it is harder for at least the skaters to do something "more different". That does not translate into marks which is why I think D and W will win or shouldwin the FD especially if they do their best. I would say V and M do stretch themselves more but that does not equate to points in commpetition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Yeah, why should they be on either count? Sure Worlds is in London, Ont., and we shall see what happens. It ain't over till it's over. One thing M&C will always have over Tessa and Scott "I hate WTT" Moir, is CLASS.
    Since you are getting personal I think that Tessa has more class than M&C put together. And between the two of M&C I think he has more class. Yes Meryl is not as outspoken as Scott but she is always rolling her eyes in a particular way....

skating philosopher
    Can we please not get into a battle over who is more classy? When I said that Meryl and Charlie were classy, I was not insulating that V/M were lacking in it. (Namely responding to the post that was talking about D/W fans taking on Tonya Harding knee-whacking tactics).

People roll their eyes sometimes. I do it sometimes. Does that make me a bad person? Sometimes we say things we don't mean. I do it. Does that also make me a bad person?

So therefore no need to insulate people's character based on a few actions.

ETA: For the record, I do think Meryl and Charlie are classy on the whole. Classy doesn't mean elegant, but they're just good people. And I agree that Tessa is quite demure and classy as well. Scott, deep down, is a nice guy who likes to express himself. Nothing wrong with that.
    Last edited by Mrs. P; 02-08-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The opening comment is the kind of personal assessment I don't think proper for a commentator.
    As you have "this" personal opinion, so can Chris have his. And nothing wrong to make it public either, IMO. He said it before actually, it is not the first time.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I am a bit confused I thought this year V and M have had problems with both programs but moreso with the short and the lifts in the FD. .
    There were reports out piblic, where they mentioned that their SD has been slightly changed after the fall season, to address some issues they thought should be fixed. Already at canadian nationals, when they skated it looked so much better than in the fall.
    By the way, that is why they are athletes, to try to get better, if something is not working right. We shouldn't expect them just to "coast" from one event to the other.
    Last edited by herios; 02-08-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast