02-08-2013, 07:15 PM
Bona Fide Member
SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS
1. Tessa VIRTUE & Scott MOIR (CAN) - 75.12 Short Dance , 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
2. Meryl DAVIS & Charlie WHITE (USA) - 74.68 Short Dance, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
3. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 65.44 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
4. Maia SHIBUTANI & Alex SHIBUTANI (USA) - 63.26 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
5. Piper GILLES & Paul POIRIER (CAN) - 60.20 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
6. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 53.97 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
7. Nicole ORFORD & Thomas WILLIAMS (CAN) - 53.70 Short Dance
8. Danielle OBRIEN & Gregory MERRIMAN (AUS) - 48.81 Short Dance
9. Emi HIRAI & Marien DE LA ASUNCION (JPN) - 44.72 Short Dance
10. Anna NAGORNYUK & Viktor KOVALENKO (UZB) - 43.32 Short Dance
11. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 43.17 Short Dance
12. Bryna OI & Taiyo MIZUTANI (JPN) - 33.90 Short Dance
13. Pilar MAEKAWA MORENO & Leonardo MAEKAWA MORENO (MEX) - 33.37 Short Dance
Complete Short Dance: Part 1, Part 2
Last edited by Mao88; 02-09-2013 at 11:37 AM.
02-08-2013, 07:23 PM
yes, in a perfect world, judges would call it the way they see it. But remember, this is ice dancing, and there are many reasons judges score the way they do. Its hard to believe that judge saw them as the worst team in the event, while all the other saw them differently. So call me a skeptic, but it seems very weird to me.
02-08-2013, 07:27 PM
Tripping on the Podium
I noted that too. i was very surprised with the 5.50 for interpretation.
02-08-2013, 07:48 PM
Wicked Yankee Girl
The question is, how bad did that judge think Piper Gilles was, and she was not having a great day, so there is no "they," wouldn't it be the worse of 2, or the mismatch. AFAIR, IJS sets the value to the worse of 2 skaters in a team. Dance particularly likes teams to have similar skills, and I thought Piper & Paul were looking particularly mismatched today.
However, that certainly wasn't the lowest PCS marks of the event. Oi& Mizutani, Moreno & Moreno, Hirai & De La Asuncion, all had marks in the 2's, 3's and 4's O'Brien & Merriman had marks in the 4's and 5's.
02-08-2013, 08:23 PM
Constable , Costume Police
I think that to date, G&P have been pretty fortunate that the judges have tended to mark up to Paul's standard , and have been particularly forgiving of Piper's , especially at home. Extra credit for potential , assuming Piper will catch Paul up. This is bound to lead to some disappointments along the way, unless and until that potential is realized.
02-08-2013, 08:56 PM
I find Chock/Bates and the Shibutanis about equally boring. I prefer Hubbell/Donahue or even Kriengkrairut/Giulietti-Schmitt by far. Which junior team did the Shibs lose to?
Originally Posted by blackswanphoto
02-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Victoria Sinitsina / Ruslan Zhiganshin
Originally Posted by blue_idealist
02-08-2013, 09:19 PM
Bona Fide Member