51.26 6
    7 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS CAN
    48.76 7

Custom Title
    Are there any videos?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    looks like Canadian sweep indeed
    Meg and Eric, and M-T/M are clearly the class of this field, and have the most international experience (outside of Hao Zhang). Lawrence/ Swiegers, obviously are not clearly above all the rest, nor do they have the int'l experience that their compatriots have.

I think both American teams were a bit dunned in the marks and could/ should have scored slightly higher (54.50 to 56.00 range). If things stay fairly the same in the long programs, it will be the two American teams battling for bronze, but they both need to skate clean.

Politically, it might be difficult for a Canadian sweep, even if Lawrence/ Swiegers were to perform better in the free skate. And, in any case, the rest of the teams are competitive with L/S.
    Last edited by Art&Sport; 02-08-2013 at 03:37 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Loved M-T/M's program, it was amazing, I would have given the best mark on Choreography!
    I might be in minority but while I appreciate to see side by side jumps other than 3S or 3T, I hate D/R side by side 3Lz, they are far apart and her's always looks short on rotation. It's a bit annoying that the judges usually overlook this aspect. If she landed that lutz in singles she would most likely be hit with Ur or even Dg. Still, a very ambitious program, very difficult and full of transitions.
    well D/R arent the only taht have far apart SBS, B/L comes to mind
    and if B/L get +GOE's especially for Vera's jumps, then D/R surely can,
    though D/R twist aren't that great yet, P/T and B/L still beat them for that

Custom Title
    I hate D/R side by side 3Lz, they are far apart and her's always looks short on rotation. It's a bit annoying that the judges usually overlook this aspect. If she landed that lutz in singles she would most likely be hit with Ur or even Dg. Still, a very ambitious program, very difficult and full of transitions.
    ITA. It just doesn't look effortless. Their SBS lutz, although extremely difficult, lacks the elegance and beauty.

Here's a well done SBS 3Toe.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...g9-Af7kU#t=18s

Custom Title
    Loved M-T/M's program, it was amazing, I would have given the best mark on Choreography!
    I might be in minority but while I appreciate to see side by side jumps other than 3S or 3T, I hate D/R side by side 3Lz, they are far apart and her's always looks short on rotation. It's a bit annoying that the judges usually overlook this aspect. If she landed that lutz in singles she would most likely be hit with Ur or even Dg. Still, a very ambitious program, very difficult and full of transitions.
    I completely agree with all of this

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    It doesn't get better than this, simply gorgeous . No team currently competing have the same unison, grace and elegance.

Custom Title
    Deleted
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-08-2013 at 05:35 PM.

Custom Title
    Like I said I would expect at least one American team to podium but what is interesting with two huge mistakes L and S aren't out of a bronze.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Any more videos?

Custom Title
    Thanks so much to Mao88 and Kutien for videos! It really means a lot when I am snowed in today!

Custom Title
    Thanks a lot for the videos. But to be honest, watching the third place team made me having no motivation to watch other teams placed lower than them

Custom Title
    What was with the hissy face of MTM in the KnC?

I hope MT/M stick it out for 4 more years after Sochi. I think that barring injury they have the potential to be truly great in a way we rarely see from pairs teams, but they are definitely not there yet.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast