2013 4CC's Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC's Pairs SP

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
sad about China's Pairs, hope Sui/Han can recover soon
P/T are old timers and it will be not good to rely on them until the Olympics

FlattFan

Match Penalty
D/R landed the SBS lutz (need to check rotation)
throw isn't very high.
their death spiral entrance strangely reminds me of T/T, but in a cruder way. same coach, i think.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Loved M-T/M's program, it was amazing, I would have given the best mark on Choreography!
I might be in minority but while I appreciate to see side by side jumps other than 3S or 3T, I hate D/R side by side 3Lz, they are far apart and her's always looks short on rotation. It's a bit annoying that the judges usually overlook this aspect. If she landed that lutz in singles she would most likely be hit with Ur or even Dg. Still, a very ambitious program, very difficult and full of transitions.

mikiandorocks

Final Flight
1 Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD CAN
70.44 1
2 Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH CAN
66.33 2
3 Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR USA
53.06 3
4 Felicia ZHANG / Nathan BARTHOLOMAY USA
52.98 4
5 Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG CHN
52.46 5
6 Wenting WANG / Yan ZHANG CHN
51.26 6
7 Paige LAWRENCE / Rudi SWIEGERS CAN
48.76 7

Art&Sport

Medalist
looks like Canadian sweep indeed

Meg and Eric, and M-T/M are clearly the class of this field, and have the most international experience (outside of Hao Zhang). Lawrence/ Swiegers, obviously are not clearly above all the rest, nor do they have the int'l experience that their compatriots have.

I think both American teams were a bit dunned in the marks and could/ should have scored slightly higher (54.50 to 56.00 range). If things stay fairly the same in the long programs, it will be the two American teams battling for bronze, but they both need to skate clean.

Politically, it might be difficult for a Canadian sweep, even if Lawrence/ Swiegers were to perform better in the free skate. And, in any case, the rest of the teams are competitive with L/S.

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Loved M-T/M's program, it was amazing, I would have given the best mark on Choreography!
I might be in minority but while I appreciate to see side by side jumps other than 3S or 3T, I hate D/R side by side 3Lz, they are far apart and her's always looks short on rotation. It's a bit annoying that the judges usually overlook this aspect. If she landed that lutz in singles she would most likely be hit with Ur or even Dg. Still, a very ambitious program, very difficult and full of transitions.

well D/R arent the only taht have far apart SBS, B/L comes to mind
and if B/L get +GOE's especially for Vera's jumps, then D/R surely can,
though D/R twist aren't that great yet, P/T and B/L still beat them for that

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I hate D/R side by side 3Lz, they are far apart and her's always looks short on rotation. It's a bit annoying that the judges usually overlook this aspect. If she landed that lutz in singles she would most likely be hit with Ur or even Dg. Still, a very ambitious program, very difficult and full of transitions.

ITA. It just doesn't look effortless. Their SBS lutz, although extremely difficult, lacks the elegance and beauty.

Here's a well done SBS 3Toe.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=mSZg9-Af7kU#t=18s

gold12345

Medalist

I completely agree with all of this

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Like I said I would expect at least one American team to podium but what is interesting with two huge mistakes L and S aren't out of a bronze.