PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS
1. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 70.44 Short Program
2. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 66.33 Short Program
3. Marissa CASTELLI & Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 53.06 Short Program
4. Felicia ZHANG & Nathan BARTHOLOMAY (USA) - 52.98 Short Program
5. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 52.46 Short Program
6. Wenting WANG & Yan ZHANG (CHN) - 51.26 Short Program
7. Paige LAWRENCE & Rudi SWIEGERS (CAN) - 48.76 Short Program
Duhamel/Radford are good skaters and nice to watch because they have terrific attack and strong programs, but they make the difficult look difficult. If they managed to look efortless with the same technical content, we'd be talking about all time list skaters. Obviously the class of the field here.
That's a good placement for Marissa and Simon. Let's hope they can hold on to it.
I just hope Marissa & Simon have a better performance in the LP.
Did Zhang and Bartholomay achieve the Minimum Technical Score they were hoping for?
I should say, "That I was hoping for..." LOL
They have become my favorite young pair. I really, really like this couple, and hope the stars align so they can stick it out for the next five years. Achieving the Minimum TES would be a nice benchmark for them to achieve. Heck, they're only .08 out of spot on the podium at this point.
Duhamel & Radford are good skaters but I find them so laboured though. I also do not like seeing them in the K&C after certain performances cuz they (or she) seems a bit too cocky. Great looking pair though
Hurray! Doris, didn't you think their SBS spins were much improved?
Synch on the 3T's was obviously off, but they landed them. Too bad about the throw. Loved the little fist-bump just before the program.
Z&B had pretty good spins in the SP at US Nats (+0.17) GOE. These were better, but not hugely. It's C&S who had real spin trouble in both sections of US Nats.