Widen toe box of boot? | Golden Skate

Widen toe box of boot?

Xstatic

Rinkside
The toe box of my boots are slightly tight and the only area that hurts is my tailors bunion (Base of pinky toe). The problem is that where I live we don't have boot punches (Nor any professional figure skating shops for that matter). What can I do to widen that little area? There are times where the pain appears and times they don't, when it appears it can be so unbearable usually after 30 minutes that I just have to remove the skates.

What can I do since we don't have boot punches here where I live?
I have the Risport royal figure boots, and I can only wear thin socks.

Last edited:

Xstatic

Rinkside
Most likely, you mean from shoe stores? I don't know if I could trust them to do something with my boots, I had to order them... Anyway do you think they can help?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
a professional shoe guy can probably do the job you need fine. The toe of the boot isn't important for the structure and stability of the boot so as long as the guy is competent, there should be no problem for him to widen the toe area of the boot slightly without damaging the rest of the skate. How new are the skates? It's possible they just haven't been fully broken in and the problem will go away once they are. You can try wearing wet socks and then doing the skates up tight and wearing them around your house for an hour or so, that helps to soften them, which could help.

hanca

Record Breaker
Aren't Risport the narrowest from all the boot brands? Maybe when buying new boots, change the brand.