Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    ... Courtney Hicks is capable of doing a triple axel-she has good power and spins very fast in the air. If she does a triple axel next year she stands a chance of being on the Olympic team...

As far as the Mao/Akiko comparison-apples and oranges, and in the '6.0' point of view, they were both wonderful. I wish they could both win, but I would love to seen them go 1-2, with Gao sneaking in for the bronze.
    If that happens for Courtney (who is indeed an explosive jumper with huge height), let's hope she brings more artistry to the table. As it is now, she needs to learn how to slow down a little bit and realize that music is playing to which she should be skating. That's a difficult concept to understand if musicality doesn't come naturally, but maybe there's hope for her. It would be wonderful if a truly great jumper came with exquisite artistic sensibilities. It doesn't seem to happen often enough.

It would be wonderful for Christina to medal here. I'm sure she would be equally pleased with another great skate to cap off her season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    If that happens for Courtney (who is indeed an explosive jumper with huge height), let's hope she brings more artistry to the table. As it is now, she needs to learn how to slow down a little bit and realize that music is playing to which she should be skating. That's a difficult concept to understand if musicality doesn't come naturally, but maybe there's hope for her. It would be wonderful if a truly great jumper came with exquisite artistic sensibilities. It doesn't seem to happen often enough.

It would be wonderful for Christina to medal here. I'm sure she would be equally pleased with another great skate to cap off her season.

True that, which is why she must have a triple axel. (Or for that matter-a quad)It doesn't seem to me that "artistry" is as important-Gold's program is pretty slim on actual choreography, not even in the same league as Mao, Gao, Kanako or Akiko. I think BIG JUMPS are being rewarded, the rest the judges are making up as they go along.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    What if Lacoste out skates Ormond? Wouldn't think it likely, but I would never have thought their sp scores would be so close?
    Lacoste's FSs are often much worse than her SPs, so don't expect that to happen. Even if Osmond has a mistake in her FS, Lacoste is likely to double, pop or fall on enough jumps to keep her way behind Osmond.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by katymay View Post
    True that, which is why she must have a triple axel. (Or for that matter-a quad)It doesn't seem to me that "artistry" is as important-Gold's program is pretty slim on actual choreography, not even in the same league as Mao, Gao, Kanako or Akiko. I think BIG JUMPS are being rewarded, the rest the judges are making up as they go along.
    Yeah, but that last part is not a secret. It's crystal clear and many posters have been praising and decrying same.

As far as Courtney, she's lucky to have made it back so well from injury. To avoid being a flash in the pan, if I were her I'd work more on the artistry. She's got the jumps down. I don't think ladies with great jumping ability absolutely need to all start working on 3-axels just yet.

Gracie Gold does need to work on presentation and better choreography too if she is gonna be able to take her skating to the next level. Lots of ladies coming up these days are sporting the difficult combo jumps, so artistry is absolutely needed to stand out from the crowd, IMHO.

Just watched all the videos. Mao Asada was without peer or rival in this segment.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    3 exceptional short programs.

I'm insulted by Akiko Suzuki's marks however, that program was genius.....some of the best IN I have ever witnessed. 70 would have been easily justified.

Gao is clearly the best US gal at the moment, her skills are subtle and the US fed is ridiculous to have ditched her for Gold.

WHeeeeeeeee Mao is back.

Fantastic short program, best ladies 4CC ever (so far :P )
    You're kidding, right?

LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 74.49 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 65.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.04 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Christina GAO (USA) - 62.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    6. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 57.56 Short Program
    7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 57.45 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    8. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 56.22 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    9. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 54.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 54.51 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    11. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 48.54 Short Program
    12. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 46.82 Short Program (24 mins 50 secs in)
    13. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 43.93 Short Program (51 mins in)
    14. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 43.72 Short Program (57 mins 25 secs in)
    15. Yeon Jun PARK (KOR) - 39.78 Short Program (6 mins 30 secs in)
    16. Melinda WANG (TPE) - 39.75 Short Program (18 mins 50 secs in)
    17. Melissa BULANHAGUI (PHI) - 38.58 Short Program (69 mins 50 secs in)
    18. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 37.99 Short Program (31 mins in)
    19. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 34.28 Short Program (44 mins 45 secs in)
    20. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 30.07 Short Program (12 mins 45 secs in)

Short Program: First 2 Warm-Up Groups
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-10-2013 at 01:53 AM.

[QUOTE=sky_fly20;710499]
    Im shocked Osmond didnt ge 60+ even with taht performance , she is usually overscored
    but Gracie having lower pcs than Osmond is just wrong

Osmond got higher PCS in Transitions,performance execution,choregraphy, and Interpretation and Gracie Gold higher in skating skills which is right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 74.49 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 65.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.04 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    4. Christina GAO (USA) - 62.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    6. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 57.56 Short Program
    7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 57.45 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    8. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 56.22 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    9. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 54.74 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 54.51 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    11. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 48.54 Short Program
    12. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 46.82 Short Program (24 mins 50 secs in)
    13. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 43.93 Short Program (51 mins in)
    14. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 43.72 Short Program (57 mins 25 secs)
    15. Yeon Jun PARK (KOR) - 39.78 Short Program (6 mins 30 secs in)
    16. Melinda WANG (TPE) - 39.75 Short Program (18 mins 50 secs in)
    17. Melissa BULANHAGUI (PHI) - 38.58 Short Program (69 mins 50 secs in)
    18. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 37.99 Short Program (31 mins in)
    19. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 34.28 Short Program (44 mins 45 secs in)
    20. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 30.07 Short Program (12 mins 45 secs in)

Short Program: First 2 Warm-Up Groups
    Thank you Mao88!!! You ROCK!! I've seen the top 8 ladies but I also wanted to see skaters like Ami Parekh of India, and Melissa Bulanhagui of the Phillipines. Their respective countries are not known for figure skating and I always love to lend support to any Federation making these small early steps in the sport!

* True. Although Melissa Bulanhagui is from Philadelphia, Pa., and Ami Parekh is from Jersey City, N.J. Still, yeah.

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=figuristka;710700]
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Im shocked Osmond didnt ge 60+ even with taht performance , she is usually overscored
    but Gracie having lower pcs than Osmond is just wrong

Osmond got higher PCS in Transitions,performance execution,choregraphy, and Interpretation and Gracie Gold higher in skating skills which is right.
    Osmond has so much personality when she skates, such a breath of fresh air! And loved all 3 Japanese ladies and GAO!

Thank God for Stephane Lambiel and Matt Savoie! shine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Suzuki was beautiful and powerful with her edgy program, but she's not a better skater than Christina (just more experienced).
    This statement is so ridiculous I had to read it several times to make sure I read it correctly... Where to begin?

~high art~
    Mao Asada's GPF performance looked much better than this one. I really felt that she was hitting the notes of the music, and for me it is not something happens often watching her perform. Here she looked like she focused too much on her jumping passes and left the rest of her program behind.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by shine View Post
    This statement is so ridiculous I had to read it several times to make sure I read it correctly... Where to begin?
    I second that. I doubt Christina herself will think so, either.

Custom Title
    I don't think Kaetlyn got overscored; the two (Gold and osmond) are close and comparable. It was a dreadful skate though for Osmond. I think she felt the pressure and realized this really is the big leagues now. we'll see if she can use this experience at world's. She and Gold are top ten contenders; now the predicters will leave Osmond out of the medal mix. It's Kostner vyuna v. mao who is more vulnerable then Suzuki, Wagner, Kanako, Korpi, Liza, Gold and Adelina and maybe Osmond and Kexin, maybe Elene G for the top ten or some lucky fluke of a meadal. I think Jenna M from Britain will have problems cracking top twelve

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast