2013 4CC Ladies Short Program | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

Leonardo

Final Flight
Kanako was magical. Delicate, emotional, gorgeous body movements. For me, she had the best artistry of all the ladies today.

minze

Medalist
you can tell the Japanese fans missed her 3A they were so happy after she landed it

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
Gao has really improved this year. She may be too stylish and subtle for our US judges. Gold is a good jumper who doesn't relate to her music. Her age has nothing to do with it. Michelle and Oksana had great musicality at 15. I guess the international judges don't appreciate stiff airplane arms and skating through music as much as US judges at Nationals. lol

^^^
My feelings-exactly! On all counts!

I'm thrilled for Mao and Gao lol! My favorite Japanese (lady) skater and one of my favorite Americans doing very well indeed in the SP! Very happy for Gracie too-she's in 5th and that isn't too shabby considering the top guns she skated against in the SP!

minze

Medalist
She is really good and her smile is so contagious. Disagree about best artistry today, for me it was Akiko Susuki

mary01

Final Flight
Mao that was a tremendous skate, I am sooo thrilled for Mao. She truly is a living legend, I just can't stop watching her performance:love::love:

oleada

Record Breaker
She is really good and her smile is so contagious. Disagree about best artistry today, for me it was Akiko Susuki

For me, both Akiko and Mao were amazing, from an artistic perspective. Their skating was so free, and their movements purposeful and to the music. :) It's hard to pick which one is better. I'm glad we have both. Along with Carolina, these three are the most artistic skaters today, IMO.

venlac

On the Ice
wow. triple axel goe +1.57...
2 2 2 1 2 1 1 1 2

mao's triple axel is returned!

Her movements seems very light, and this season her sp is cute and lovely.

Last edited:

Ambivalent

On the Ice
I respectfully disagree; I think Mao's SP doesn't compare to past ones like Ladies in Lavender :love: I just think it might be a bit too young for her. Mao, Yu-Na and Carolina are so good in all different ways and basically what sets them apart is their maturity on the ice.

hurrah

Medalist
It's not just the triple-axel that was amazing. Equally amazing was the new step sequence. The old one was the most difficult and lovely step sequence in the business already, and it is now improved and made more difficult and lovely. No female skater can come close to Mao in step sequence right now.

Sasha'sSpins

Medalist
Country
United-States
It's not just the triple-axel that was amazing. Equally amazing was the new step sequence. The old one was the most difficult and lovely step sequence in the business already, and it is now improved and made more difficult and lovely. No female skater can come close to Mao in step sequence right now.

I watched Mao's step sequence twice after I watched her whole SP! It is the best in the business indeed! Quite thrilling really! :D

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Mao is back! Sending "i'm back, bitches" to Yuna and Carolina.
OMG!!!! I'm giddy. Yuna is even more polished with the same TES. Mao is more polished with the same TES. Carolina is already polished, but up her TES to match. World this year will be so amazing.

Ah yeah, sure, that's exactly what her skating is saying LOL. I think she is saying I am here, I want to compete and I am going for it. I don't think she is really competing against the witches with capital B's.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I agree; she was lovely!

I concur. I thought actually, now I will get blasted on this site, Mao was rather junior like though perky. and her dress nice coral color but silver doesn't go with a warm color the proper metal color would be gold - more complimentary and complementary. I thought mao was overscored but that's jut me.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I'm glad that Mao got her jumps back^^ Her 3a is a dream!
Will be a good fight in Sochi)

katymay

Medalist
I'm glad that Mao got her jumps back^^ Her 3a is a dream!
Will be a good fight in Sochi)

Mao looks so much better-she looks healthy! She looks strong! She looks happy to be skating! And that was a beautiful program!
As far as the triple axel, perhaps the judges might overlook just a wee bit considering it is a woman who is putting a triple axel in a short program. Women have not kept pace with men where jumping in concerned. I would have thought by now plenty of women would have landed triple axels in competition....
Also, can someone post Gold's program? I have to avoid that HaHa site, it infects my computer... and thank you to those who posted Mao and Akiko-they are both so wonderful.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 74.49 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 65.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.04 Short Program
4. Christina GAO (USA) - 62.34 Short Program
5. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 57.56
7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 57.45 Short Program
8. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 56.22
9. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 54.74 Short Program