Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

Custom Title
    LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 74.49 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    2. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 65.65 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 3rd Copy
    3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 64.04 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    4. Christina GAO (USA) - 62.34 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    5. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 60.36 Short Program, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy, 4th Copy
    6. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 57.56 Short Program
    7. Agnes ZAWADZKI (USA) - 57.45 Short Program, 2nd Copy
    8. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 56.22 Short Program
    9. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 54.74 Short Program
    10. Zijun LI (CHN) - 54.51
    11. Brooklee HAN (AUS) - 48.54
    12. Julianne SEGUIN (CAN) - 46.82
    13. Chantelle KERRY (AUS) - 43.93
    14. Reyna HAMUI (MEX) - 43.72
    15. Yeon Jun PARK (KOR) - 39.78
    16. Melinda WANG (TPE) - 39.75
    17. Melissa BULANHAGUI (PHI) - 38.58
    18. Crystal KIANG (TPE) - 37.99
    19. Lejeanne MARAIS (RSA) - 34.28
    20. Ami PAREKH (IND) - 30.07
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-09-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by venlac View Post
    I agree that 3a is not deserving '<' but, IMO it did not deserve +GOE 1.5
    I think her triple axel is much better than before. And she trying to triple axel is great! but, judge should give goe on jump's quality.
    hahaahhahahaha

The quality doesn't get much better then this, this was outstanding. Imagine yourself sitting in the audience and seeing it live, what an experience it must be, I envy them so much!

Custom Title
    I just wish Agnes could skate clean. Has she ever put together two errorless programs in a row? I think she has many nice qualities but it is difficult to recognize them when her programs are flawed over and over. I feel for her because it is a matter of handling nerves and that is one of the most difficult things to overcome.

Custom Title
    Akiko was the class of the field for me. She exuded confidence and had great artistry. Her PCS should have been higher imo.

Custom Title
    3 exceptional short programs.

I'm insulted by Akiko Suzuki's marks however, that program was genius.....some of the best IN I have ever witnessed. 70 would have been easily justified.

Gao is clearly the best US gal at the moment, her skills are subtle and the US fed is ridiculous to have ditched her for Gold.

WHeeeeeeeee Mao is back.

Fantastic short program, best ladies 4CC ever (so far :P )

Custom Title
    Last edited by Mao88; 02-09-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    hahaahhahahaha

The quality doesn't get much better then this, this was outstanding. Imagine yourself sitting in the audience and seeing it live, what an experience it must be, I envy them so much!
    Sorry, but the quality can be much, much better than this. Midori Ito's 3A (from 20 yers ago) should be the standard for positive GOE on this jump. If we give Ito a +3 for her great ones, then the one Mao performed should be base value. That's certainly not to say it wasn't very, very nice. I'm proud of her for doing it, and she gets an appropriate boost on value, but let's not get too over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    Sorry, but the quality can be much, much better than this. Midori Ito's 3A (from 20 yers ago) should be the standard for positive GOE on this jump. If we give Ito a +3 for her great ones, then the one Mao performed should be base value. That's certainly not to say it wasn't very, very nice. I'm proud of her for doing it, and she gets an appropriate boost on value, but let's not get too over the top.
    well Ito's may have looked more powerful, but from an aesthetic point of view Mao's is much much more beautiful, due her gourges tight air positioning, so sorry it's not over the top but simply the truth!

Outdated Old Dinosaur
    OK. Well, it's what makes figure skating great... there's room for differences of opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by TontoK View Post
    OK. Well, it's what makes figure skating great... there's room for differences of opinion.
    I agree!

Banned
    I was at work but just saw the results...

Im shocked Osmond didnt ge 60+ even with taht performance , she is usually overscored
    but Gracie having lower pcs than Osmond is just wrong !

though not worried about Gracie she will bounce back in the LP
    US Fed. stop promoting Zawadzki !!!

Custom Title
    Oh, gosh. Even the Eurosport commentators seem to be on boring, cheesy autopilot. Only one of them was covering 4CCs ... maybe he needed help from the other guy. There was Gracie doing an okay 3/3 in her sp, but she also had a turn-out after landing the second triple, and the Eurosport guy says: "As good as gold." Nope, I don't think so.

Then when gutsy but still inexperienced Osmond begins her skate, the Eurosport guy in a dull monotone claims that "Osmond's personality is shooting across the ice ..." Really??? Apparently, he jinxed her just before she fell on a single triple jump just after landing her opening combo.

From what my eyes saw, I'd have Mao in first, Christina Gao in second, Suzuki in third, Kanako in fourth. I don't really like Mao's short program or her costume, but she sure as hellza-poppin' is determined to be ready to face arch-rival Yu Na at Worlds.

In any case, perhaps a bit hung-over and fuming after their mens' disastrous results, looks like the Japanese fed is anticipating a Japanese ladies podium sweep. Hope Christina can do her thing in the fp to at least try to crash that party.

Kanako and Suzuki were very good of course and skated clean, but to my eyes, Christina's skating is more aesthetically pleasing, even if her own fed doesn't seem to appreciate and support her.

Well, on with the ummm, show, ladies and gents ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I was at work but just saw the results...

Im shocked Osmond didnt ge 60+ even with taht performance , she is usually overscored
    but Gracie having lower pcs than Osmond is just wrong !

though not worried about Gracie she will bounce back in the LP
    US Fed. stop promoting Zawadzki !!!
    Osmond kicked the sh*t out of her CH and had about a trillion more nuances than Gold. I was VERY impressed with Osmond's musicality and attack, her program is so much more detailed than that of Gold, Gao and Murakami even.

Overall, however, I am so impressed with the programs of these top tier ladies. Energetic, musical, well performed, some clever details in all the programs. Gold's did feel the most junior/dated whilst Gao's was probably too 'quiet', her elements were exceptional and I happened to like the quiet detail.

Like I said, mucho impressed with the quality, the Euro ladies have their work cut out for them at worlds.

Custom Title
    Well said!

Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    Osmond kicked the sh*t out of her CH and had about a trillion more nuances than Gold. I was VERY impressed with Osmond's musicality and attack, her program is so much more detailed than that of Gold, Gao and Murakami even.

Overall, however, I am so impressed with the programs of these top tier ladies. Energetic, musical, well performed, some clever details in all the programs. Gold's did feel the most junior/dated whilst Gao's was probably too 'quiet', her elements were exceptional and I happened to like the quiet detail.

Like I said, mucho impressed with the quality, the Euro ladies have their work cut out for them at worlds.

Custom Title
    Agnes needs to skate for Poland.....

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast