Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 347

Thread: 2013 4CC Ladies Short Program

  1. #316
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,479
    I wish Gracie would knock it out of the park with her LP but i can't see her technically matching what she did a couple weeks ago at Nationals. If she does skate clean i see her jumping one maybe two skaters. Kanako for instance is not know for skating clean in her LP's.

  2. #317
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    389
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I don't think anyone has been hating on Agnes. I actually probably have come the closest, several pages back in this thread, and I don't think I was spitting vitriol by any strech of the imagination.

    I think for the most part all anyone is saying is they do not like her and they wish USFSA would stop placing her ahead (PCS wise especially) of Gao, especially when her programs are always marred with falls. I also said I don't think she has may fans on the board, which I maintain, but I am actually glad you have spoken out as a fan, because I personally always like when people present different sides of things.

    However, at the end of the day, as you say below, it is all only my (and whoever else posts about her skating) opinion. Neither I nor anyone else has made a personal attack against her (at least in this thread... there was a crazy comment in the edge earlier today about Agnes's mom or something... but leaving that aside...) and it is our right to say we don't enjoy her skating.

    That all said, I disagree with the (admittedly interesting) comparison to Carolina. Her posture and edging are far worse than Carolinas and in my opinion she totally lacks the grace/elegance/presence on the ice. However, I totally respect your opinion and find it interesting. I do agree they both have great speed.

    Yes, I agree with you that Agnes still lacks the edging and grace/elegance that Carolina has. It is true. But, Agnes is still 18. Carolina is 26. I think that she will improve some aspects when she become older. Also, I have to say that Zawadzki is a bit awkward for me. Sometimes, I find her a little "boyish", but I kinda like this on her.

    Thank you so much for your comment.

    Hugs.

  3. #318
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I wish Gracie would knock it out of the park with her LP but i can't see her technically matching what she did a couple weeks ago at Nationals. If she does skate clean i see her jumping one maybe two skaters. Kanako for instance is not know for skating clean in her LP's.
    and s does Akiko who is having trouble this season
    Gracie is still up for a podium, I think she will get silver overall

  4. #319
    Huge Scott Moir Fan Macassar88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalent View Post
    While we're all scrutinising Mao's 3A, did anyone think her 3Lo was a bit under?
    One judge did. That's probably why one judge gave her -2 goe

  5. #320
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Kanako was magical. Delicate, emotional, gorgeous body movements. For me, she had the best artistry of all the ladies today.
    I think Akiko was slightly better in terms of that, but Kanako's low PCS continue to annoy me. Two excellent performances. I would have put Kanako slightly ahead of Akiko because of the tech mark, though.

    Mao deserved 1st because of the tech mark, but her actual performance was the least impressive of the Japanese ladies, IMO.

    Christina was very nice, happy to see her put in that solid of a performance. The 2Axel was probably the best I've ever seen her do, good improvement there on a jump that has been a weak spot for her.

  6. #321
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    838
    Quote Originally Posted by Macassar88 View Post
    One judge did. That's probably why one judge gave her -2 goe
    My guess for the -2 GOE on Mao's triple loop is that it's because of the comparative lack of steps. It looked like Mao had better transitions ahead of her 3F/2Lo than her 3Lo, which is weird because that's the jump that is supposed to be out of footwork. She definitely reduced the transitions she had preceding the 3Lo at this competition versus what she had at the GPF. But only one judge noticed.

  7. #322
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    I think Akiko was slightly better in terms of that, but Kanako's low PCS continue to annoy me. Two excellent performances. I would have put Kanako slightly ahead of Akiko because of the tech mark, though.

    Mao deserved 1st because of the tech mark, but her actual performance was the least impressive of the Japanese ladies, IMO.

    Christina was very nice, happy to see her put in that solid of a performance. The 2Axel was probably the best I've ever seen her do, good improvement there on a jump that has been a weak spot for her.
    I totally agree. Akiko delivered the better performance over her teamates. I wish her PCS didn't have as big a gap with Mao's.

  8. #323
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I don't think anyone has been hating on Agnes. I actually probably have come the closest, several pages back in this thread, and I don't think I was spitting vitriol by any strech of the imagination.

    I think for the most part all anyone is saying is they do not like her and they wish USFSA would stop placing her ahead (PCS wise especially) of Gao, especially when her programs are always marred with falls. I also said I don't think she has may fans on the board, which I maintain, but I am actually glad you have spoken out as a fan, because I personally always like when people present different sides of things.

    However, at the end of the day, as you say below, it is all only my (and whoever else posts about her skating) opinion. Neither I nor anyone else has made a personal attack against her (at least in this thread... there was a crazy comment in the edge earlier today about Agnes's mom or something... but leaving that aside...) and it is our right to say we don't enjoy her skating.

    That all said, I disagree with the (admittedly interesting) comparison to Carolina. Her posture and edging are far worse than Carolinas and in my opinion she totally lacks the grace/elegance/presence on the ice. However, I totally respect your opinion and find it interesting. I do agree they both have great speed.
    Well said, tulosai. If Agnes had redeemed herself at 4CCs after being gifted at Nationals, everyone would be giving her props, because she does have high beautiful jumps. Other than that, she does not yet have a compelling presence or apparently confidence on the ice. There is still the long program here for Agnes to see if she can have a better send-off to the off-season (unless she gets to go to WTT). I guess Agnes will figure it all out, or she won't. This sport can relegate skaters to yesterdays news faster than anybody can say "3/3, quad, quad, quad" really fast 3 times.

    This is a rough and tumble sport, masquerading as an elitist party for ice princesses, ice quad Kings, and those in the know numbers-wise. It's not for faint-hearted fans, the general public, or sissies.

  9. #324
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,350
    The History of the Lady's Triple Axel on Film
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29SMYaEwGyM

    Chin???? Harding had such a lean in most of hers that it is amazing she was able to land them.

  10. #325
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    It's all subjective when it comes down to comparing apples and oranges when competitors .......but again to me not as aesthetically pleasing to watch as Gao.


    Yeah, that's the stuff, jamie, you ISU-enabler you. .
    I get what you're saying.

    It's true, I'm now a philistine molded by the ISU. Honestly, I'm not even particularly interested in the sport anymore, maybe because unlike you, I can't even enjoy anyone for what they do. Rather, I end up counting revs, comparing transitions and complications, revolutions etc.

    Today was the first time in ages, particularly for ladies, where I ENJOYED programs in much the same way as I would have pre-COP. It was on second viewing that I looked for COP elements and have concluded that the intricacies of programs, particularly found in new skaters like Osmond and Gao are worth the cold code counting.

  11. #326
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post

    This is a rough and tumble sport, masquerading as an elitist party for ice princesses, ice quad Kings, and those in the know numbers-wise. It's not for faint-hearted fans, the general public, or sissies.
    I contest that! I am a lily-livered, chicken-hearted sissy, and I am a skating fan. They have to let me stay here. Football, wrestling, and auto-racing won't take me. (And I wouldn't go even if they took me.)

  12. #327
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    1,075
    good job to mao in short program, one of your best, keep it up
    great job christina gao in short. a little low, but great job. i saw a side of you i didn't see before, keep it up.
    good luck to all in long

  13. #328
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,115
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I contest that! I am a lily-livered, chicken-hearted sissy, and I am a skating fan. They have to let me stay here. Football, wrestling, and auto-racing won't take me. (And I wouldn't go even if they took me.)
    Okay, I concede that sissies can sure watch with the Tums handy, but they wouldn't make it out of a public session, much less out of a coaching session, or a regionals or sectionals of any kind, shape or form. Forget about U.S. Nationals or any Nationals for that matter. Which means, there ain't no sissies in figure skating.

  14. #329
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,350
    What if Lacoste out skates Ormond? Wouldn't think it likely, but I would never have thought their sp scores would be so close?

  15. #330
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    434
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    The History of the Lady's Triple Axel on Film
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29SMYaEwGyM

    Chin???? Harding had such a lean in most of hers that it is amazing she was able to land them.
    Harding was a great jumper. Midori Ito was in a league by herself...but Harding was powerful. Courtney Hicks is capable of doing a triple axel-she has good power and spins very fast in the air. If she does a triple axel next year she stands a chance of being on the Olympic team. If she doesn't? Well...there are many who have the same jumps she has. I can't believe women are not doing triple axels, I assumed by now they would have almost been standard at the world level-or perhaps at the same level that men do quads.

    As far as the Mao/Akiko comparison-apples and oranges, and in the '6.0' point of view, they were both wonderful. I wish they could both win, but I would love to seen them go 1-2, with Gao sneaking in for the bronze.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •