Adult USFSA/ISI Testing Requirements | Golden Skate

Adult USFSA/ISI Testing Requirements

G

Glacierskater

Adult USFSA/ISI Testing Requirements

I am looking for information on the test elements for ISI Freestyle 4, Adult MIF, and MIF. Are the MIF considered the Pre-Preliminary, Preliminary, or is that different? Some of this is confusing to me still. I want to make sure that I know everything, and have something to look at while practicing. I need to buy the books, but I was wondering if there is a place that lists all of the elements for everything that I can print off and take to practice? I am looking for both ISI and USFSA. Any help would be appreciated.

S

starskaterz

Re: Adult USFSA/ISI Testing Requirements

ISI Freestyle 4 test elements:

* Flip Jump
* Half Loop Jump
* Loop Jump
* Sit Spin
* Backward Spirals (inside & outside edge)
* Dance step sequence - backward 3 turns (inside & outside edge)

Sorry, but I'm not familiar with USFSA test elements.

C

Cinderella On Ice

This document is old, but it will at least get you started. I don't think a lot has changed since 2000 in terms of the moves that are in each test (see pre-preliminary through senior).

www.usfsa.org/about/forms...ndards.pdf

However, what HAS changed is that it wasn't until last September that Adults were now expected to test Moves in the Field. You have a choice of which track you are going to test on. You can test on the above, or you can test on Adult Pre-Bronze, Bronze, Silver and Gold. Each of those tests has SOME of the elements from the pre-prelim through senior. I can pull out my book later (I'm heading back off to bed right now for 40 more winks) and compare them with you.

The reason they're hard to find online is that the USFSA likes to sell its rulebooks, which are helpful because all of the patterns are in there too.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. I'm still a little foggy this morning.

G

Glacierskater

STARSKATERZ and CINDERELLA,
Thanks for the info. I see that I am going to have to break down and buy the book. I can make notes in it that way!

C

Cinderella On Ice

I believe it's only $12 if you don't buy the binder, though the binder is something like $7 and custom-sized, so it's not so bad.

I bought mine last year and didn't feel the need for a new one yet, since I pretty much know what has changed and what hasn't.

The book includes the diagrams for all the moves, and just about anyone from your rink would be able to show them to you (and of course your coach).

G

Glacierskater

Thanks. I just printed it off. I looked through all of it. There is some stuff that I have no idea what it is. Thankfully, that is the much higher levels. I still have my work cut out for me. It is something to strive for. Many somethings...