Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC's Mens FS

Custom Title
    There were no jumps to mark when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Takahashi

FS: 58.81 + 82.34 - 1.00 = 140.15
    222.77, in 6th

Wow, very low...

This competition was a disaster for Dai. Sad because this was his last 4CC of his career...

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Dai is bombing, Kevin won! I am in absolute shock. Japan Figure skating federation should not have sent Dai and Yuzu here, I've said yesterday. They needed a break after that nail biting nationals. You can see they are exhausted from all the pressure and the media.
    LOL! Are you serious? Japan's Nationals took place in December, like 6 weeks ago. USA Nationals was just a little over 1 week and a half ago. If anyone should be "exhausted," it's the Americans.

Custom Title
    I am devastated for Yuzuru and Dai. But after such a good nationals they were probably tired. They really can't take a break. I wonder if they have enough time til worlds to get in better shape both psychically and mentally
    I am not talking only about nationals, they also had SOI and some other galas, they were on the GPF before nationals. Maybe it's too much for them at his point

I have to say that this competition has been incredibly shocking, what can we expect now? Song winning a medal?

Custom Title
    I'm really mad right now. Daisuke was way underscored, I can't even .......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Are you kidding? His basic skating is nowhere near most of the guys he competed against. Shallow edges and not a lot of speed. His jumps were of quite poor quality, tight and barely rotated. A lot of cheats.

He seemed to move to the music most of the time but why did he pick a classical piece of music when he isn't balletic and his posture and lines aren't very strong?

I find this score absolutely ridiculous.
    The score was entirely fair - superb performance

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Boi View Post
    I disagree somewhat about the Max Aaron criticisms in Regard to the way he was scored. He did complete an impressive array of jumps and spins with speed and security on the quads. The style is very Broadway/stage like to and American show soundtrack. I feel it is still not "senior" world class, it appears to still be more in the form of "junior" world class. He did get 6.5ish On transitions, which is relatively low compared to the 8+ scores the medalists get at Worlds or even the GP. IDK, it seems he was given pretty fair scores.
    His score was fair because he got lower score than the medalists. What is the logic?

Custom Title
    takahashi daisuke
    tes = 58.8 pcs = 82.34

that is similar with 2009 gpf in japan.
    That time, his score was tes = 53 pcs = 82
    Last edited by venlac; 02-09-2013 at 07:47 AM.

Custom Title
    Where is your LOL?

Quote Originally Posted by zydeco88 View Post
    I'm really mad right now. Daisuke was way underscored, I can't even .......

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Nan SONG (CHN)

Music: Symphony No. 4 by Peter I. Tchaikovski
    Romeo and Juliet Overture by Peter I. Tchaikovski

4T - hand down
    3A+3T
    3A - hangs on
    StSq
    FCCoSp
    3Lz+2T+1Lo
    3F
    3Lo
    FCSSp
    2A+2T
    ChSt
    3S - hand down
    CCoSp

Perhaps enough for bronze... It's been a strange night

Banned
    Reynolds got relatively lower scores on skills and transitions, so it seems his lack of deep knee bend, speed on the transition skating and smaller triples was noticed by the judges. It seems this was marked correctly.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    LOL! Are you serious? Japan's Nationals took place in December, like 6 weeks ago. USA Nationals was just a little over 1 week and a half ago. If anyone should be "exhausted," it's the Americans.
    I don't remember any American being on the GPF or being scrutinized like the Japanese men are. Yuzuru had Finlandia, 2 GP, GPF, the bloodbath that nationals was and SOI(and might be even more).And now had to skate again in front of their people. Both Yuzu and Dai looked tired. It's the pressure, media, public expectations and a lot of competitions.

Custom Title
    A special thank you to Kutien for posting the vids right after the skates! You rock!

Tripping on the Podium
    song nan was way too cautious. You can even feel his nerves.

Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast