2013 4CC's Mens FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 4CC's Mens FS

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I disagree somewhat about the Max Aaron criticisms in Regard to the way he was scored. He did complete an impressive array of jumps and spins with speed and security on the quads. The style is very Broadway/stage like to and American show soundtrack.

What Broadway plays have you seen where the performers look completely bored and unemotional/uninspired to the music they are performing to? I was never a Ryan Bradley fan either, but he should be claiming robbery right now because he was a much better performer than Max Aaron and I don't believe he ever got a 72 in PCS internationally, certainly not on his senior international debut at an ISU championship.

Reynolds - 172.21 and into 1st - deservedly so!

Are you kidding? His basic skating is nowhere near most of the guys he competed against. Shallow edges and not a lot of speed. His jumps were of quite poor quality, tight and barely rotated. A lot of cheats.

He seemed to move to the music most of the time but why did he pick a classical piece of music when he isn't balletic and his posture and lines aren't very strong?

I find this score absolutely ridiculous.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dai is bombing, Kevin won! I am in absolute shock. Japan Figure skating federation should not have sent Dai and Yuzu here, I've said yesterday. They needed a break after that nail biting nationals. You can see they are exhausted from all the pressure and the media.

LOL! Are you serious? Japan's Nationals took place in December, like 6 weeks ago. USA Nationals was just a little over 1 week and a half ago. If anyone should be "exhausted," it's the Americans.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
I am devastated for Yuzuru and Dai. But after such a good nationals they were probably tired. They really can't take a break. I wonder if they have enough time til worlds to get in better shape both psychically and mentally
I am not talking only about nationals, they also had SOI and some other galas, they were on the GPF before nationals. Maybe it's too much for them at his point

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I have to say that this competition has been incredibly shocking, what can we expect now? Song winning a medal?

Mao88

Record Breaker
Are you kidding? His basic skating is nowhere near most of the guys he competed against. Shallow edges and not a lot of speed. His jumps were of quite poor quality, tight and barely rotated. A lot of cheats.

He seemed to move to the music most of the time but why did he pick a classical piece of music when he isn't balletic and his posture and lines aren't very strong?

I find this score absolutely ridiculous.

The score was entirely fair - superb performance

hybfc

Rinkside
I disagree somewhat about the Max Aaron criticisms in Regard to the way he was scored. He did complete an impressive array of jumps and spins with speed and security on the quads. The style is very Broadway/stage like to and American show soundtrack. I feel it is still not "senior" world class, it appears to still be more in the form of "junior" world class. He did get 6.5ish On transitions, which is relatively low compared to the 8+ scores the medalists get at Worlds or even the GP. IDK, it seems he was given pretty fair scores.

His score was fair because he got lower score than the medalists. What is the logic?

venlac

On the Ice
takahashi daisuke
tes = 58.8 pcs = 82.34

that is similar with 2009 gpf in japan.
That time, his score was tes = 53 pcs = 82

Last edited:

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nan SONG (CHN)

Music: Symphony No. 4 by Peter I. Tchaikovski
Romeo and Juliet Overture by Peter I. Tchaikovski

4T - hand down
3A+3T
3A - hangs on
StSq
FCCoSp
3Lz+2T+1Lo
3F
3Lo
FCSSp
2A+2T
ChSt
3S - hand down
CCoSp

Perhaps enough for bronze... It's been a strange night

Sk8Boi

Match Penalty
Reynolds got relatively lower scores on skills and transitions, so it seems his lack of deep knee bend, speed on the transition skating and smaller triples was noticed by the judges. It seems this was marked correctly.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
LOL! Are you serious? Japan's Nationals took place in December, like 6 weeks ago. USA Nationals was just a little over 1 week and a half ago. If anyone should be "exhausted," it's the Americans.

I don't remember any American being on the GPF or being scrutinized like the Japanese men are. Yuzuru had Finlandia, 2 GP, GPF, the bloodbath that nationals was and SOI(and might be even more).And now had to skate again in front of their people. Both Yuzu and Dai looked tired. It's the pressure, media, public expectations and a lot of competitions.