Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 4CC's Mens FS

Kevin gave the performance of his life! Who would have thought he'd win the competition, but good for him!!
    Too bad about Yuzuru's performance.
    And so sad for Daisuke, but besides the jumps, I thought his performance was in a league of his own.
    Yan!! I love him! His jumps are like Midori's. I sure hope he won't injure himself with those humongous jumps. Midori broke her ankle twice...
    Last edited by hurrah; 02-09-2013 at 08:00 AM.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    So sad to see that in Men competitions only jumps mather, while in the ladies only PCS :(
    I am crying right along with John Curry, Robin Cousins, Toller Cranston, Kurt Browning, Alexei Yagudin, Stephane Lambiel, Jeffrey Buttle, Jeremy Abbott, Matt Savoie, and Ryan Jahnke.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 02-09-2013 at 08:02 AM.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I'm so disappointed. This competition was so weird! I'm sad for Daisuke and think he has been punished a lot as the others weren't exactly their best this night either. But one cannot really deny that this just was a disaster for every jump. I just don't know what happened....tiredness and nervousness, I guess. Don't know this whole event left me so unsatisfied. Euros was much better. I want to be positive but it is just so hard right now. Kevin Reynolds - good for him. Technically a class of his own today, that's for sure.

Custom Title
    If the Japanese men had only made one or two jumping errors we could have a discussion regarding this but both of them had disastrous free skates. Kevin Reynolds should not be lumped in with Max Aaron as far as PCS discussions go.He has become decent in that department.

Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    So sad to see that in Men competitions only jumps mather, while in the ladies only PCS :(

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Look on the bright side . . . better to wilter at 4CC than at Worlds, right?
    I agree. Takahashi hit WR at 4CC and finished 4th at Worlds in 2008.

BTW, is he ill?
    Last edited by mikeko666; 02-09-2013 at 08:05 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    Euros was much better. I want to be positive but it is just so hard right now. Kevin Reynolds - good for him. Technically a class of his own today, that's for sure.
    Yep, Euros was much better. I just hope the Japanese men will be better prepared at worlds. While I think Kevin absolutely deserved to win, no question there, it's sad when the best skaters under perform and we have a winner by default.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    So Reynolds got +1s and +2s for his (slightly) cheated quads with tight landings and not a lot of flow coming out of them.

In all fairness to him, he did land pretty much everything he planned to and his jump set up was very difficult.

But the PCS being in the high 7s and 8s (he got the third highest PCS score of the evening!) is way way too generous.

Just because a skater lands his jumps, doesn't mean he has suddenly started to meet the PCS criteria. Same as with Aaron.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    It's sad when the best skaters under perform and we have a winner by default.
    It's 2009 Worlds and 2010 Olympics all over again! UGH!

Custom Title
    By default? Not a fair assessment in my opinion. He went out and won it. It is a competition and on this day he was the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Yep, Euros was much better. I just hope the Japanese men will be better prepared at worlds. While I think Kevin absolutely deserved to win, no question there, it's sad when the best skaters under perform and we have a winner by default.

Custom Title
    Wow what stunning results! Good for Kevin Reynolds and max Aaron. Weird how all Japanese skaters had Huge jump troubles. Can't believe how many urs takahashi was hit with. Most since 2009 I guess. Just very surprising. This is what's so interesting about the increase in jump difficulty in men's but even with that who would have guessed his result? Stunning meltdowns from Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    So Reynolds got +1s and +2s for his (slightly) cheated quads with tight landings and not a lot of flow coming out of them.

In all fairness to him, he did land pretty much everything he planned to and his jump set up was very difficult.

But the PCS being in the high 7s and 8s (he got the third highest PCS score of the evening!) is way way too generous.

Just because a skater lands his jumps, doesn't mean he has suddenly started to meet the PCS criteria. Same as with Aaron.
    Agree completely. Sad thing is that we'll be seeing these PCS for him from here on out

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy

Who do you think should have won? (Honest question, not meant as bickering or something like that).

Custom Title
    if i know correctly, kevin's jump basic point is the highest in this season.

and he cleaned that tremendous program.
    So i think his pcs is rewarded for the high level components
    i think it is rightful, his pcs was similar with Hanyu and takahashi who have some mistakes
    before, announce the score I worried about he would have damage in pcs, go down the rank lower than hanyu, but fortunately it did not happen.
    Last edited by venlac; 02-09-2013 at 08:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by venlac View Post
    if i know correctly, kevin's jump basic point is the highest in this season.

and he cleaned that tremendous program.
    So i think his pcs is rewarded for the high level components is cleaned
    i think it is rightful, his pcs was similar with Hanyu and takahashi who have some mistakes
    before, announce the score I worried about he would have damage in pcs, go down the rank lower than hanyu, but fortunately it did not happen.
    But the problem is that PCS shouldn't be so correlated to jumps. Why have a separate TES and PCS section when judges are just gonna clump it together? IN, CH, SS, TR...these things are present with or without the presence of jumps.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast